Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

MOC: Steampunk Qwena

sqrthumbnail.jpg

I have always loved steampunk genre, so I made a steampunked version of my half-year-old MOC Qwena. She stands around 45 cm high and is built using both Bionicle/HF and SYSTEM parts. I also wanted to built a steampunk gun to fit this scale.

More thoughts on Cyclopic Bricks.

While I agree with DraikNova about the hair(quite a good imagination, btw), the outfit's rather nice. I like the buttons on the corset-top, and as before, the heels, but I just love that top hat(with the glasses on top). I haven't seen one done in this system before, but it looks terrific.

One thing I don't get is the hair. Why did you choose to go with this earth red/crimson/Metru red color? I feel, personally, that while it goes with the rest of the outfit that it blends in a little too well. I would have liked to see something that stood out against the crimson, white, and black, which would have made it more interesting. However, I do like what you did with the buns in the hair. Unusual, but nice to look at.

And that's the MOC in a nutshell. Unusual methods, but a great piece of work in the end. Well done to you.

Haha, just realized there's a mustache hidden in there :tongue:

Edited by Cirkit

...Mustache is the eyes.

And thanks. What comes to hair color, the black and dark red where only possiblities. I would have preferred reddish brown myself, but there isn't all those pieces in that colour or they are very hard or expensive to obtain. Last version of this MOC had a long black ponytail.

I just can't say how much I love this moc, you've captured the steampunk look just right. And made a female figure with proper proportions, which I've tried myself and I find extremely hard.

...Mustache is the eyes.

My apologies. Upon second glance, I think they could be eyelashes..

I have usually problems to recognize a face on those MOCs, but aside from this, that MOC looks really cool. The shape of her dress is especially badass.

(also, I am so going to bookmark your blog, since you build really amazing stuff).