Sign in to follow this  
Sirens-of-Titan

The Mage Rises

Rise of the Mage Series   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Hod did you like the Rise of the Mage Series?

• Loved it!
    • Liked it.
    • Was unaware/indifferent to it.
    • Hated it and the constant updates.
  2. 2. Do you feel like the story/MOC got better as time went on?

• Yes, they got better
    • No, they stayed the same
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Were you happy with the story

• Yes! Love the conclusdion.
    • It was OK
    • I did not like it
    • I never read these
  4. 4. Who was your favorite main character?

• Kaloyan
    • Asparuh
    • "Him"
    • Vlad
    • Jason
    • Loki
    • Roger
    • I did not read, and don't have a favorite

Hello all,

It's been exactly a year since I started work on the Rise of the Mage series. At a break-neck rate of one unique chapter a month, I've put together a total of 12 chapters, and "The Mage Rises" completes the series. Take a look at the story, which is the most interesting to date. (If the folks on MOCPages can be trusted.) :wink:

Here are some pictures in case you don't have time to go through the fulls story.

7846630406_53d279f23f_c.jpg

7846632088_d65cba08bc_c.jpg

7846627278_f15848612a_c.jpg

7846631134_05c37b2763_c.jpg

7846633460_f8622a5961_c.jpg

7846632592_43eeb543d1_c.jpg

7846625490_4159453346_c.jpg

The full story was too large for MOCPages to handle in one gulp, so it's broken up into 3, starting with Part One Here

Some more pictures can be found on my Flickr.

As this is the end of the series, i'd like to hear back from any of you who may have read them. Did you like the story? Would you like to see more? Please let me know. Please indulge me in a poll. :blush:

Cheers, and I hope you enjoy the grand finale of Rise of the Mage! :sweet:

-SoT

Haven't started reading the story yet...but these buildings are beautiful! You've really outdone yourself, SoT!

Edit: Wow. That story is terrific! I am going to be very impatient for the rest of the story. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edit 2: I'm an idiot. Found the second part. That, sir, is a beautiful end (minus the epilogue, which I bet I still haven't found).

Edited by Axis600

Wonderful conclusion!

Will you be building any other stories after this? they are the best!

Excellent. I just read through the story and I find it pretty good; unfortunately, I don't have the time to watch your builds. I can't wait to read part 2 and 3.

SoT, great job with these. The builds have been very inspiring to me and have helped me to grow as a builder. The stories however are incredible. As Thoy said on MOCpages, in this 3 part series finale, I almost passed over the builds because I was glued to the story!

P.S. Thanks for naming the new emporer after me...I'm sure that's where the name came from :wink:

The Rise of the Mage is one of the most important lego artworks. Breathtaking, ground-breaking and inspirational all the way through. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. The way you brought it inside the Historica world was brilliant. You have made me a better builder, thankyou

:classic:

Sot, I really like your story telling as well as your building skills. Great stuff you have put together there! I mean there are many things to be liked, but what really gets me, are your indoor scenes. Your rooms really look great and there is always so much creativity to be observed. Honestly, I have never been much into fantasy before I started reading your story. Now I'm working my way through "A Feast for Crows" ... thanks for that inspiration!

Congratulations on a great series! I have been reading it quietly since the beginning, only to find myself getting more and more eager / impatient for the next part as time went on.

Great storytelling, interesting characters, and amazing builds that fit perfectly with the story. I found myself having to go back and look at them in more detail after reading each part, since the images captured the action so perfectly that I sometimes forgot they were even made of LEGO.

Well done, sir, well done. :thumbup: I look forward to your future stories / creations, or even a sequel! What will "Him" and Roger find back at the tower? And what was through the door to Erebus? :wink:

Best regards,

LEGO9Vtrainfan

Gongratulations on finishing such fine series, it is without any doubt the best lego series I have seen so far, I didn't go through all parts yet but I did read most of them (and the final was very exciting), I surely intend to check out the parts I missed.

In the beginning I had to get used to the "vignette" style, the absence of background. But that's no issue for me anylonger, great job and keep it up!

Edited by Sebeus I

First of all, let me tell you that you've done a great job on this series.

I've been following it for a while and it's the best LEGO series that I know, and the builds are all constructed magnificently.

As for the final chapter, I have only recently begun reading it,

but I can't help but notice that the bit where Vlad says “Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! It appears you are not expecting us; we are the evening’s entertainment!"

and asks where the Emperor is seems to resemble The Joker's scene from The Dark Knight where he comes in and says a similar thing, followed by asking where Harvey Dent is.

So I must ask, is this what you thought of while writing that bit? Because I liked seeing that there. :laugh:

Well, anyways, I must continue reading now. My thoughts on the conclusion will probably pop up here later.

Great job on the story so far! :thumbup: ("So far" because I haven't finished yet)

EDIT: Well, it is finishd and I must say, the conclusion was great. Well done... well done! I would certainly like to see another story like this sometime soon.

Edited by General Magma

Man this is just so great! I love seeing the mocs coming from you! Haven´t had the time to read the story yet :blush: but I will most certainly do that soon!

That throne room with the lovely throne and details on the walls is so great! Just how I would envisioned a throne room!

The libary have some really cools details!

So many ideas and details to borrow! :wub:

Thanks guys! I'm happy you found it entertaining. :thumbup:

There will be future projects in the same format, but for now a short building break is in order. :wink: Thanks again!

Also, just wondering, did you destroy most builds as the story progressed, or were many of them kept intact and do you just have that many useful pieces?

Looking forward to your future projects as well.

Edited by General Magma

I loved the "Rise of the Mage" series and the new chapters were something i always looked forward to - thankyou so much for sharing them. I'm really quite sad that the story has come to an end, although the conclusion was very satisfying both in storyline and builds. :thumbup: You certainly are the one of the most inspiring stroyteller/builders out there, and if you ever published this in some kind of hardcover format, i would buy it in a heartbeat!

I am looking forward to your next story already. :classic:

Lovely ;)

My favorite part: working desk with a parchment of papyrus on it ;)

edit: and mold on the floor is pretty genius ;)

Edited by Angeli

Also, just wondering, did you destroy most builds as the story progressed, or were many of them kept intact and do you just have that many useful pieces?

Looking forward to your future projects as well.

All the builds you see here exist at the same time. I did have to disassemble them completely from chapter to chapter as my collection isn't large enough to sustain display MOC's and story MOC's. But I do have a large amount of specific pieces. (I found that it;s esthetically attractive to have a lot of repeating units in build, and it makes sorting/disassembly much quicker and easier.) :wink:

Awesome story and builds! I voted that the builds did not get better as they were already astounding from the beginning...:thumbup:

Stunning work as always, I'm particularly impressed with the scene on top of the palace, great roofing :thumbup:

All the builds and the story are top-notch, very inspiring :classic:

Well done on a mammoth undertaking Sirens, the builds and effort put into the story are just exceptional. May I ask how you achieved the mould look in the dungeon? Is it trans green plate on trans clear?

I look forward to where you go next!

Well done on a mammoth undertaking Sirens, the builds and effort put into the story are just exceptional. May I ask how you achieved the mould look in the dungeon? Is it trans green plate on trans clear?

I look forward to where you go next!

Thanks, its clear on top of green. It was a green baseplatete underneath he tiles so it was literally the easiest thing I could have done. :grin:

Stunning creations again! I find the use of the technic wheel as a window exeptional work. And the story was very entertaining as well again! :thumbup: Looking forward to part 2.

Stunning creations again! I find the use of the technic wheel as a window exeptional work. And the story was very entertaining as well again! :thumbup: Looking forward to part 2.

Glad you liked it! All the parts are up on mocpages, I haven't linked to them. :thumbup:

Absolutely magnificent, this is one of the MOCs I have ever enjoyed.

And the story is great too.

Please, continue to do things like these.

I loved the story! I followed it on MOCpages and I found it amazing! I have posted much longer comments on MOCpages. :sweet: