At last I finished my machine... There is a open post Front Shovel but it seemed appropriate to open a new one with her ​​finished. The machine is a Caterpillar 6090 which is very similar to terex RH400, I think the only difference between them is in the colors and in the mechanism of the retractable ladder. The Technic MOC works with "only" :laugh: five normal motors and it has got 8 functions. Each of the 4 motors has got two functions and the fifth only changes between them. First motor - Right track chain and third section of the arm (2 big L.A.). Second motor - Left track chain and second section of the arm (2 big L.A.). Third motor - Retractable ladder and first section of the arm (2 big L.A. again :laugh: ). Fourth motor - Rotation thanks a big turntable and two 8 tooth gears and open bucket which is powered by an air tank, a pneumatic autovalve and 2 small cylinders. Fifth motor - Gear shift with a small L.A. When I can I will make a video, I hope you like. Thanks for the help and comments.

N71TkO7.jpg

Thanks to Parda for this epic pic pirate_thumbup.gif .

UhBT1Iu.jpg

IFwrHYr.jpg

Zf1kIEm.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

This is a master build, great machine from great builder!! :cry_happy:

Edited by parda

That is seriously one big excavator. It looks and works like a real thing. Only thing I'm a bit puzzled by is the retractable ladder. Do you use flex system to extend it, of wire? If so, how do you power it?

Wow, what a brilliant array of functions! Is there a video? It's on The Lego Car Blog at the moment,but they haven't put any video links.

That is seriously one big excavator. It looks and works like a real thing. Only thing I'm a bit puzzled by is the retractable ladder. Do you use flex system to extend it, of wire? If so, how do you power it?

Looks like string to me, I assume around a winch. Nice and simple.

Edited by Ape Fight

Do you use flex system to extend it, of wire? If so, how do you power it?

A video can speak better than me :laugh: , more easy imposible a thread tied and a worm mechanism for raising and lowering the ladder, actually it was my wife´s idea :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua7ynmO_tNw&feature=plcp

Wow, what a brilliant array of functions! Is there a video? It's on The Lego Car Blog at the moment,but they haven't put any video links.

Wow my first time in a not spanish blog I am nervous :laugh: , I am working in the final video but you have this old one with all the functions. Thank you all for your comments I am happy and thinking what will be the next MOC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iq_UKhSjqU&feature=plcp

Edited by jorgeopesi

This looks really great. I like the movement of the bucket arm, and you've done a nice job building the tracks.

What motors are you using? I'm assuming XL, but I'm not sure that is correct. Also, is there any particular reason you went with the gearbox design instead of using 8 motors and 4 IR receivers?

Great job here! :thumbup: :thumbup:

This looks really great. I like the movement of the bucket arm, and you've done a nice job building the tracks.

What motors are you using? I'm assuming XL, but I'm not sure that is correct. Also, is there any particular reason you went with the gearbox design instead of using 8 motors and 4 IR receivers?

Great job here! pirate_thumbup.gifpirate_thumbup.gif

I say in the first post 5 normal motors :laugh: . The first reason I choose to use gearbox is because I don´t like to do the easy thing, with 8 motors you don´t have much more to think, is very easy to put a motor on each function and in my opinion doesn´t look good also I have more room using less motors and receptors. Another reason maybe that I only have 5 normal motors and 3 receptors :laugh: . I take some pictures, as you can see I don´t have more room...

7w4k0kS.jpg

pyQcTGY.jpg

mdO7ewO.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

I say in the first post 5 normal motors :laugh: . The first reason I choose to use gearbox is because I don´t like to do the easy thing, with 8 motors you don´t have much more to think, is very easy to put a motor on each function and in my opinion doesn´t look good also I have more room using less motors and receptors. Another reason maybe that I only have 5 normal motors and 3 receptors :laugh: . I take some pictures, as you can see I don´t have more room...

I missed the part where you said you had 5 normal motors. :blush: Great moc there!

what happend to the black stairs?

The real one has got yellow ladder so I tried to build it in the same way.

Congrats Jorge!! You reach the highest level in technic building!! :cry_happy::thumbup:

I really hope not, I want to keep improving :laugh: . Thank you for watching.

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon thelegocarblog.wordpress.com and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

Jorgeopesi added another

for his Lego Technic Caterpillar 6090 Front Shovel RC:

Poor metal cars. :look:

I think the cab needs to be higher.

Thank you Dluders for post the video, I really had not intention of enlarging the thread...

I don´t know very well, I think they are close close, in fact I was tired in the cab design :sceptic: . I put cars to see better the size of the machine I think they are close in scale with the machine.

Edited by jorgeopesi