Sign in to follow this  
The Explorer

My current WIP, HMS Themis

This is the Main Section There will four of these.

lddscreenshot3.png

This is the bow

lddscreenshot4.png

I hope you like it :cannon::bonaparte:

From my point of view, I think the stern is a little too edgy(hope you get what I mean). You could use some curve pieces on that. Secondly, there are these strange flaps sticking out under the gunports, I think you could rework on those too.

But overall its OK, keep it up!! :pir_laugh2:

uhm.. i think the gunports are too near each other.

i've seen good looking gunports at 4 studs even on prefab hulls, so on a brickbuilt hull 2 studs are too near. BTW yours is a pretty nice (and ambitious) project, try to consider some 3x3 studs brickbuilt gunports :)

keep it up!

This is going to be huge! I'm very impressed with what I can see so far, however the first picture isn't working for me, I just have a little red x? Anyhoo good luck with the finished design, are you intending to actually build it with bricks or keep it as LDD?

Very interesting project, I hope your computer can handling the rendering :pir-classic:

If you're going for accuracy, I'd suggest moving the gunports so that they are staggered. if a ship-of-the-line would use gundecks where all gunports would be placed in straight lines, the recoil of a broadside would rupture the ship's hull and possibly even the rips. I'd also think about a bit more curve in your stern gallery (a lession that I had to teach myself as well when building my first ship)

So how is this progressing?

It appears the first image "ddscreenshot3.png" is missing - could you please correct that.