zidane

MOC: Small Train Station

Hello, this is my frist MOC here on Eurobrics, I hope you will like it.

7658388182_7c413bedf5_c.jpg

7658403308_9d30b3556b_c.jpg

7658419330_62be048966_z.jpg

Would appreciate some comments.

Thx

That's a pretty good introduction. Welcome!

My only comment would be about the slopes that are really close to the track. I don't think any of my trains would make it past that station...

That's a pretty good introduction. Welcome!

My only comment would be about the slopes that are really close to the track. I don't think any of my trains would make it past that station...

Thx you are right, I did`t test it with a real train. I was aiming at good form, not function. I`ll try to fix this ;)

Hi zidane,

This is indeed a nice intro. I particularly like that your station is accessible for the visually impaired, I might use that idea myself in the future. Not only does the yellow stripe look like safety markings, it allows you to fix minifigs to an otherwise fully tiled platform. They're even a bit naughty and stand on the line instead of behind it, like real people :tongue:

Edited by peterab

Looks good from where I am sitting, would love to be able to create things like this, coming from a Technic background, I seem to be all about function and form follows later, this looks so good

Very interesting! Nice station but also a nice environment including the lorry!!!

It reminds me of our own american civil war station for 'the general'

Offtopic: And it seems to be that I'm a conformist according to the forum intelligence ;) but no wonder after 1100+ posts and no bans ;)

Thanks all for great comments. This is very inspiring, having people from Eurobricks talk about my MOC ;)

I`ve only read forum, never had the courage to post something. Hope this will change from now on.

Fantastic MOC, detaild, good colored and good environment :thumbup:

I like this train station a lot :wub:

This is very cute, but I have to agree that maybe the station should be a bit further away and not right up against the track. I think some of my trains would also get stuck. Having said that it has very nice details and the platform design is very nice.

This is an absolutely beautiful MOC. I too like the overgrown grass and bushes. Very nice atmosphere.

I believe the roof wasn't mentioned yet. I got the distinct impression that the roof bends a little intentionally? Perhaps to give the impression of an older, not so well taken care of station house? If so, could you give some hints as to how you did it. I think it adds greatly to the atmosphere of some slowly decaying train stop, as does the out-of-control greenery. Also, what piece are those train tracks? :classic:

That's a really nice station and I like what you did with the sloped sides of the platform.

You also made some nice details. The bench looks great.

This is an absolutely beautiful MOC. I too like the overgrown grass and bushes. Very nice atmosphere.

I believe the roof wasn't mentioned yet. I got the distinct impression that the roof bends a little intentionally? Perhaps to give the impression of an older, not so well taken care of station house? If so, could you give some hints as to how you did it. I think it adds greatly to the atmosphere of some slowly decaying train stop, as does the out-of-control greenery. Also, what piece are those train tracks? :classic:

Train tracks are standard straight tracks, I just put some brown tiles over them, to get rustic feeling ;) Roof is nothing special, I just used some cheese slopes, some Curved Slopes 2 x 4 x 2/3 and standard 45 degrees slopes ;) but thanx ;)

What is standard procedure to be put in MOC index?

Really nice work here, Zidane - as previously mentioned several times over clearance is an issue, but as a diorama your creation is really quaint. The masonry pieces beneath the arched base of the platform and the color scheme really give it character.

Really like your design for the handcar, too. Haven't seen those wheels used on a rail vehicle before (in fact, I don't think I've seen those wheels period - there've been a lot of new molds since I was gone from the hobby. default_classic.gif

As for getting your creation indexed, I'd contact The Brickster. He's the moderator for this forum.

I'm a huge fan of this little station, I absolutely love the way it looks. It's almost exactly what I would picture out maybe on a more rural rail line. I'm assuming you built it as more of a display piece than an actual station to put on a track layout, but even so, I'll echo what everyone else has said about the clearance between the rails and platform (on the chance you ever decide to integrate it into a train display!)

Great work, looking forward to seeing more from you!

Really like your design for the handcar, too. Haven't seen those wheels used on a rail vehicle before (in fact, I don't think I've seen those wheels period - there've been a lot of new molds since I was gone from the hobby. default_classic.gif

It's not just you--I've stayed as current as I could both before and after your Dark Ages, and I don't recognize those wheels, either. I'd like to know what they're from, though--they'd be most useful for a Heroica project I have in mind. :wink:

Train tracks are standard straight tracks, I just put some brown tiles over them, to get rustic feeling ;) Roof is nothing special, I just used some cheese slopes, some Curved Slopes 2 x 4 x 2/3 and standard 45 degrees slopes ;) but thanx ;)

Thank you, I thought as much about the tracks later. As for the roof, if it was completely unintentional I think you managed to create nice little unevenness there by accident. Suits this MOC very well. :)