Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Celebrating the Reviewers Academy's Fourth Anniversary!

7835783900_25c63deb6a_z.jpg

Clone O'Patra, def, Big Cam, WhiteFang

VBBN, Pandora, Rufus, LuxorV, JimButcher, Inconspicuous, ZO6

Oky, Brickdoctor, Masked Builder, The Cobra, R8, Sisco

Dear Eurobricks Community,

Since 2008, the Reviewers Academy has strived to help put good LEGO set reviews out to Eurobricks and the AFOL community as a whole. We teach students how to take professional-looking pictures and to write detailed opinions and facts about sets. In-depth lessons and one-on-one interaction teaches students everything from the basics of reviewing to neat tips and tricks to give reviews that extra flair.

Today, August the 23rd, marks four years since the Reviewers Academy was first launched. For four years, members of Eurobricks have come to hone their reviewing skills under the instruction of the Reviewers Academy Teachers. Today, we are still going strong and students are rising through the ranks. Since last August, we have had 7 new bronze graduates (darkdragon, Bricksan, SilentMode, JackJonesPaw, Stiel, Flare, and Ferrik), 3 new silver-level students (RumbleStrike, JackJonesPaw, and Pandora), and 3 new teachers (Brickdoctor, Pandora, and mostlytechnic), and we hope for that to continue in coming years.

To celebrate, the teachers have written 20 new set reviews! Be sure to check them out below.

And if you're interested in joining this great cause, join here!

Here's to another great year!

Sincerely,

The Reviewers Academy Teachers

gallery_6705_157_9256.jpggallery_6705_157_16158.jpggallery_6705_157_17566.jpggallery_6705_157_20535.jpggallery_6705_157_22074.jpg

gallery_6705_157_13296.jpggallery_6705_157_31283.jpggallery_6705_157_10096.jpggallery_6705_157_9115.jpggallery_6705_157_24340.jpg

gallery_6705_157_514.jpggallery_6705_157_12718.jpggallery_6705_157_514.jpg

gallery_6705_157_16468.jpggallery_6705_157_15007.jpggallery_6705_157_27585.jpggallery_6705_157_12666.jpggallery_6705_157_18653.jpg

gallery_6705_157_24673.jpggallery_6705_157_8257.jpggallery_6705_157_17467.jpggallery_6705_157_16671.jpggallery_6705_157_8879.jpg

gallery_6705_157_68483.png

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear R-AAAAAAAAA, Happy Birthday to you!

I really need to get working again on my second review...:blush:

EDIT: Hey, just realized I share a birthday with the RA! :sweet: Mine's on August 23rd as well! But the 23rd is tomorrow here in Canada. Right now it's only 6:30 PM. Still, I share the birthday! Woo!

Edited by purpleparadox

Happy Birthday RA! :sweet:

I still never finished that review... I really need to get back to it. :grin:

It's a review explosion!

But seriously, good work you guys and gals. EB really has the best reviews of LEGO products on the web.

The RA has come so far, it makes me happy to see it flourishing. :cry_happy:

Great work everyone.

Congratulations, RA students and fellow RA teachers. :classic:

I really need to get working again on my second review...:blush:

I still never finished that review... I really need to get back to it. :grin:

Yeah, all you inactive students need to get back to work! *cough*KDM*cough* :poke:

It's a review explosion!

Indeed it is! 19 new reviews to marvel at. :oh: (and to learn from)

Congratulations to the RA and to its amazing faculty of reviewers! :thumbup: You really are the cream of the crop when it comes to set reviews in all of the FOL community and thanks for continuing to inspire me to do my best in my own reviews. :sweet:

*cough*KDM*cough* :poke:

:tongue:

Great job, Guy's! and congrats!

by the way the link for the sopwith doesn't work!

but again great job!

by the way the link for the sopwith doesn't work!

Ah, it looks like that link still leads to the topic in the RA Teachers' forum, so you can't see it. I don't have the powers to edit posts in this forum, but, for now, the link of the picture of the Sopwith Camel still works. (or use this link)

Happy Birthday RA!

Thank you to all the teachers that make it possible for EB to have the best LEGO set reviews on the net! Without your hard work and dedication, the world would be much more shadowy, misspelled, and lacking in substance. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to reading all of those 19 eviews in the coming days.

My most sincere congratulations to both the teachers and the students! :sweet: You're doing a great job, people! :thumbup:

It's a great pleasure to work with you, guys. You're always very kind and ready to assist your students in every way! I wish it to continue that way for many years to come!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Happy birthday RA!

I'm happy to share this experience as hopefully I will have a shiny bronze tag soon! But an even bigger thanks to the teachers for making this entire Academy work in the first place, and I am looking forward to continuing on to learning the ways of the teachers! :cry_happy: You teachers really know how to teach, and are some of the best people I have ever "met" to be donating your time to everyone to make them better at a difficult skill!

Yay! Happy Birthday RA! I love the reviews and enjoy reading and looking at your brilliant photos! :grin::thumbup:

Wow congratulations! What a surprise, so many new reviews! :D Thanks a lot for your effort, dear teachers! Can't wait to get my first review done.

Happy anniversary to the Reviewer's Academy. Thank you for all the teachers who helped me on my journey to reach Bronze. :sweet:

Mmmmm... SO many reviews, I can't wait to read them all.

Congratulations to the RA and most importantly the people who provide their free time and knowledge to help others learn about photography and writing. I have learned so much since I joined.

Congratulations to the Academy itself, but foremost to all the teachers who has devoted time & effort to keep it working and to all the students for their dedication and will to learn more :wub: :wub: :wub:!

Now I'm off to read the new reviews :wink:!

Congrats everyone! I'm happy to have been helping out for 18 months now, though sometimes I get a bit lazy. :blush:

It's always fun reading reviews with such good pictures and writing. Even if it's a set I really don't care for, they're all enjoyable reads. I hope to see more in the future. :sweet::thumbup: :thumbup:

congrats to you all! the Academy is most defenitely one of the major pilars of the community, something unique, the envy of many other internet communities! keep up the good work! :classic:

Happy 4th RA Anniversary everyone! :thumbup:

Yeah, all you inactive students need to get back to work!

Um, yeah. :look:

:grin:

Hats off to all of you teachers and active students. I really need to get around to seriously working on the text for my review. I usually think of so much I could write, but then when I get on the computer...nothing. :cry_sad:

...I should be more organized. :look:

But thanks you all! :classic::thumbup:

Congratulations on thriving for the past four years and ensuring a high quality review output.

Keem `em comin'!

Happy Birthday Reviewers Academy! It is our fourth celebration and to commemorate our celebration, I hope our EB community enjoys the whole new truckload of reviews which the RA teachers had prepared for all of you!

Thank you the RA Teachers and Students for being such a wonderful bunch of people who strive to inspire one another with their reviewing work. Well done guys. :thumbup: