DoubleT

2007 Summer City pics

These Sets are great. Though I dislike the move to 6-wide vehicles since basically everything I own is 4 wide, they did a good enough job to look past it. I was personally hoping for brick built ships instead of the 1 piece floating hull because of the use of the bow pieces in the Jabba's Sail Barge, but oh well. I've been waiting for a seaport for a long time.

The Octan gas station has me the most impressed. The old big gas station (the one from 1992 that was rereleased a few years ago) had such a large canopy that it detracted from the set in my opinion. I like the smaller canopy much better. The little fan dryers on the car wash are a neat detail!

The container transport is take or leave for me, I'll likely only get to increase my container inventory. The recycling truck is nice, since it's been a long while since we've had a decent waste disposal truck. The Cement mixer puzzles me due to it having 8 wheels. I've never seen one with 4 wheels in the front in the US. It's still pretty good looking though.

The best part of the new sets? They keep all the old logos. The Octan logo, the cargo logo, the recycling logo. These will integrate seemlessly with my old city sets. Lego switched up the logo on the airlines twice (5 striped logo to the Aeroline logo to the new whatever-it-is) and I haven't bought any of the newest airline sets because of it. I'll get all of these new city sets, that's for sure.

This looks like a very good step in getting back to the old style town lego sets before juniorization.

I haven't bought a town set since they started the junior sets(beside the 7905 crane), that will probably change this year.

I really like the direction lego is going with this great every-day-life sets! :-)

Looking closely at the cementmixer it seems like there is some sort of mechanism to turn the big round container on the back (by means of technic gears?)

This kind of trucks with four axels are all to common in the Netherlands, I see them driving around on a daily basis. I don't know about the US, but here in the Netherlands we have a maximum-load-per-axel law, so big heavy trucks often end up with many, many wheels....

What I don't like is the BIG one piece boat in the harbour-set, although making it completely out of bricks would certainly have overpriced the set I suppose. But it would have been nice...

I like to see the back of that refuse truck, there must be some kind of lifting device for the bins there.

what a happy day for lego!!! *wub*

i am trully amazed they even remembered life isnt just about the police...the fire...the crime.... |-/

i love that harbor and as a true city fan that never got around to getting those beauteful old harbors this baby will be mine this year no matter what!!!

(even if it never comes to greece im gonna have to go ebay-ing but thats ok)

the pros:

.great pictures

.great colors!

.the old style feeling!

.the every day life (garbage truck)

.the old logos (octan,cargo)

.finally a port!

.great car at the gus station

.flowers at the gus station

the cons

.one big piece for the ship

.a bit <insert that tiresome argument> gus station (big pieces)

.still *no women* in this city!not even at the gus station driving that cute car!

.all grey baseplate for the station/no green!

2007 has been good to the lego city..

now i wish for

>a post office

>a motorbike shop

>a garage

>a reaustorant

>a new train station

>a bus station

>an office building

>a new town house

lets wait till june.....and lets save some money

I reallt like the harbor. I can't wait to see some additional images that will show what is included within the set. This will go nicely with a cargo train. The garbage truck looks good too. Is that orange? Great color for a trash truck.

I like the harbor.

As for an office building, I think LEGO could make a great sum of money if they release a Freedom Tower+the other four World Trade Center buildings for the new ccomplex on par with the opening of the building in 2009. Maybe not in minifig scale, but it would make a nice touch to any city. Or maybe it could be a playset style kit. Realistic on the outside, off scale on the inside.

I woke up this morning in my parents'house, I went to the net and I see... No, I'm dreaming, it's couldn't be true! We are in 2006 (at the end), so, why do I see those old pics of old catalog? Wait.. Maybe.. Yes it's true! I can't beleve it! TLC has made it! The revival of the City line is here! All the new sets are just *wub* , a very nice work with the old feeling (accessories, diorama with lego elements, like the headlight, design) with the new pieces and a modern look (design too),not too <insert that tiresome argument> and not too retro.

The only thing I regret is not to have the standard platform baseplates for the harbor, but I don't think that we could blame TLC just for that!

I'm so exited to be in 2007 for all the new city sets! (and more!) :-D

It's nice to live a real dream, after so may years :'-)

The folder isnt public yet, and what does it contain? More pics of the sets?

The folder is public now. It has a few more images. One can see what the harbor includes. I thought it would contain more. I'm wondering in the ship is a single piece that you could put in water, or even sections similar to the old boats.

Here's the shot:

haven.jpg

these city sets are so awesome (love the garbage truch and sea port)... makes me wish i was a city fan (or at least had some city sets, that would justify my buying the sea port) !!!

the cargo train (RC) and sea port are nice components that have recently turned the town/city theme around for me. i never thought i would say this about town/city, but this IS a great theme *wub* id like to see an impressive airport, then transportation in LEGOland will be complete... and we can move on to office towers ;-)

(or at least some kind of impressive architecture.)

- BrickMiner

The folder is public now. It has a few more images. One can see what the harbor includes. I thought it would contain more. I'm wondering in the ship is a single piece that you could put in water, or even sections similar to the old boats.

There arn no new images

I have search the images of one set and make a collage of it.

(sorry for my boring englich, I'm dutch :'-( )

I saw all those great pics yesterday but had no time to post so here are my thoughts (yeay I know you were all waiting for them with mucho anticipation :-D ):

I am so pleased at Lego for this revival of my favorite theme as a kid !! YEAY !! (screams with excitment 8-

I waited, I dreamed., I feared... and TLC delivered! First impressions for the City 2007: just love all of them (and as for the Aquaraiders, shipwreck is not an exclusive, yippee!)!

i never thought i would say this about town/city, but this IS a great theme *wub*

- BrickMiner

Happy that you say that! :-D

That container ship's hull looks exactly as the floatable ones I had as a kid, that is really cool !!

*yoda*

Here's a shot of the Cargo Carrier (4030) which I never owned. They do look similar.

4030-1.jpg

BTW, tks pietje for doing a gallery with all those pics, its much easier to keep track hehe ;-)

City On !!

*yoda*

thank you, I like it to do :'-) X-D

There is a castle gallery comming, its not yet public

Here's a shot of the Cargo Carrier (4030) which I never owned. They do look similar.

4030-1.jpg

No the hull on the new ship is 6 studs wider or it may be 8 studs wider.

Mr. Brickster is saying that Yoda is reminded of this ship when he sees the new one, not the new one is the same as the old one. ;-)

Awesome!!! I Love them all!! I wish the SeaPort itselfs was a little bigger (Kind of like the old Launch and Load Seaport... with that extra road piece) but still. I hope the baseplates work good in practice better than in picture.

I love how the Captain of the new Cargo Ship is in a white suit as opposed to black, as I think most ship captains now adays wear white suits. I could be totally uneducated, but either way I like it.

God... Lego is so going in the right direction. Most of these sets, especially that gas station, are better than alot of classic town sets (from what I can see... I may be missing huge <insert that tiresome argument> pieces). This is awesome!