Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[Review] 10223 Kingdoms Joust

110 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

2. 2. Is this set a worthy successor to the MMV?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't think there is any connection between the two sets.

A most excellent review. I have to say this set uses some very nice techniques like the frog table; I agree that a 4x4 round would look better.

Thanks for the great review, you pretty much covered everything of the set. I agree on that this set is not ecual to MMV but I don´t think it is suppose to be that either. Only big con what I think is, altough the many of the minifigs are exclusive and new, some of them could had used more design. Example the Falcon knight have an new torso and as you said one of the Lion pike men should had been a Falcon squire with a Falcon torso.

But I will definitely pick this up, as someone other said too, next time there is double points at lego.com :laugh:

Great review, thank you - read this a while back and it convinced me to get the set, which I finally got around to building this weekend. It was a fun build and I'm loving it.I'm really tempted to get another to complete the "back" of gate...

Thank you for the review. Like Hodge I have been debating it for awhile. Then when my local Lego store had it 20% off, i had to bring it home. I just finished building it and I am truly impressed. So many great little builds throughout it. And it all works. I hope anything new we get is of this quality and complexity of build. What really impressed me was how it was broken up. Im an AFOL and its my busy season. So I only have minimal time when I get home. This sets 9 bags worked perfectly. 1 bag per night to build. Each producing a delightful little module for the castle or the event. None of them felt boring. Each of those bags was a proud standalone and a worthy build for that nights (knights) bag, Well done TLG. By far one of the best sets I've built recently outside of a Modular.

Edited by Faefrost

Nice review. I got this set when it was released, and I love the detail. However, I wish they had some more lion soldiers, a page or soldier for the falcon knight, and fully connected the two towers, which would add some more rooms to the castle, but that would significantly raise the price.

Since this thread is back to the top, I have to say thanks for this stellar review. It was wonderful to reference when I considered buying this set and I'm really glad I did. One of my favorite sets for sure.

This set is a masterpiece

The minifigures are excellent, especially the King/Queen

Sad that Kingdoms ended so soon, but this was a great set to close out the line with. A bit of a shame that you have to buy two of them to make a full building, but the rest of the set makes up for that. :classic:

It's funny some time ago we had a topic here stating totally different opinnions and feelings about the set, where it was mostly above average. Small amount of time flies and it becomes outstanding. (which in my opinnion always was)

19 hours ago, jstarscomm said:

the major probelm with this set is that its got alot of brown that will break. its a hard pass

Unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars on this set since it has long been retired what's the point of this also you can replace the brown if needed.  My brown pieces don't really crack that much so I don't see why this would be an issue. 

It’s also a great set. Picked it up this year (I think) and really enjoyed it. Did read this post at the time but didn’t think my purchase worthy of a necrothread