What I'm wondering is if the universal joints can handle the torque produced by an L motor.

I had two Large's combined and uni joints lined up beside the diff (typical config), when the tyres stalled the motors, the uni joints were not harmed. Although the torque was spread out over two uni's one on either side of the diff.

I find that they break when rotational speed is high then a sudden stall.

Very interesting, I like to know too how torque can endure without separating the new u-joints?, I usually use for steering, I loose steering angle, only a little but I never loose torque yet.

XL motors will definitely break universal joints if the angle they bend through is too great. I had that problem with my road train. Since 8043 does use the full range of movement XL motors wouldn't work, but since they seem to be right on the line for the universals, you might get away with L motors.

[bUMP]

Does anyone know if the new motors will be available on the Lego Shop site soon? March has been and gone and there is still no sign of them :sceptic: (Large and Servo Motors)

Also can anyone confirm that the receivers being sold are V2?

Thanks in advance.

The new Power Functions L-Motor and Servo Motor won't be available for individual sale from Shop.Lego.com until June 2013. I'm not sure about whether the PF Receivers sold there are V1 or V2....

June... :cry_sad:

Might have to resort to buying overpriced ones from Bricklink :hmpf_bad:

VERY over priced :hmpf_bad:

It doesn't say V2 on the receivers

Edited by Someonenamedjon