Just looking on the Lego power functions page and the new motors still aren’t listed. Anyone know when we can buy them.

@ Tacker: According to the "Element Specs" webpage on the official Powerfunctions.Lego.com website, "The Large Motor will not be available through LEGO.com until March 2013." Same thing for the new Lego PF Servo Motor.

You could buy them from Bricklink.com:

bb571c01 "Electric, Motor 9V Power Functions L with Dark Bluish Gray Bottom"

bb572c01 "Electric, Motor 9V Power Functions Servo with Dark Bluish Gray Bottom"

download48FB4A305E3A1AAA01881886DBF56171.jpgdownloadF3F1DC785B098CEA6EEBCFFFDFF1D1E3.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I'm guessing that one (or more) 1H2013 Lego Technic sets (released in March 2013) will be using the Power Functions L-motors, and that The Lego Group doesn't want to be caught short by selling them individually before then. The "early" release of the 2H2012 9398 4x4 Crawler set must have scared them. Perhaps they are seeing how popular the new motors are before they increase their inventory.... :look:

Speaking of power functions, has anyone else had a problem with the Power Functions page in the shop displaying prices in euros even if the region is set to the U.S.?

hmmm wonder what 1H2013 Lego Technic sets will be

- New crawler with arm for handling wreckage.

- New F1 car, but it seems a F3000 for its own size.

- New Motocross with new cross tires.

- New loader

but keep it quiet! :wink:

Didn't someone ask for the prices via lego direct and find out they were asking 30$ or so each?

Didn't someone ask for the prices via lego direct and find out they were asking 30$ or so each?

Yes, on this Eurobricks post, Crtlego wrote,

"And now that we have some ID numbers; I was able to call Lego from the U.S....

L-Motor (6000564) - $27 - Not Available

Servo-Motor (6000566) - $36.89 - Not Available"

- New loader

has anyone actually seen them or is it just rumor?

I also spoke to lego direct about the new motors. I was told to wait until they were available on the S@H website, even if they become available through customer service. Reason: The motors will be considerably less expensive once they hit the website. Example: The M-motor is $7.49 on the website, but almost $20 if you call and give them the part#. A rep told me this. I don't know the reason for the $ difference, but I guess I'm waiting until March. :angry::cry_sad:

Yes, on this Eurobricks post, Crtlego wrote,

"And now that we have some ID numbers; I was able to call Lego from the U.S....

L-Motor (6000564) - $27 - Not Available

Servo-Motor (6000566) - $36.89 - Not Available"

Thanks DLuders! I didn't see this thread until now..

I also spoke to lego direct about the new motors. I was told to wait until they were available on the S@H website, even if they become available through customer service. Reason: The motors will be considerably less expensive once they hit the website. Example: The M-motor is $7.49 on the website, but almost $20 if you call and give them the part#. A rep told me this. I don't know the reason for the $ difference, but I guess I'm waiting until March. :angry::cry_sad:

Let's hope that the price goes down considerably and soon.. Even the prices on Bricklink are high -I don't expect them to be low but still..

That's interesting about the M-motor price difference. I can't think of any reasons for that.

And what about receiver V2 ? Can we buy it now from lego direct and what is the price, for exmaple, in Germany?

Please, someone call!

Edited by rm8

And what about receiver V2 ? Can we buy it now from lego direct and what is the price, for exmaple, in Germany?

Please, someone call!

I would guess that if you order a reciever, you'll recieve V2. They are shipping them with 8043.

- New loader

Where is that 1h2013 topic?I cant find it.I was delete, why this was done...

P.s.:What is crawler with arm for handling wreckage i cant find any photos of this.Can it be something as technic set rebel wrecker or belt based vehicle?

There are now shops in the Netherlands they sell it compleet 9398 at 125€ to 140€, mabey thats it's cheaper to order it as a set, than only buy the 2 L motors and servo plus 2v reciver

Buying complete set is of course cheaper, but if you need several pieces or you have enough other then it makes no sense.

Anyone knows what is with new "V2" receiver on Bricklink. It was there, but now is gone and 9398 shows status as pending for approval for several weeks now. I know it wast there because I was preparing larger order and included it, but next day it was gone.

Has anyone tested if the new L motors are easy to fit into 8043? (it'd be nice to replace

motors #1 and #2, that operate the arm and the two tracks).

Has anyone tested if the new L motors are easy to fit into 8043? (it'd be nice to replace

motors #1 and #2, that operate the arm and the two tracks).

Well, you could do it, on paper at least. However, you'd have to turn one or both of the L motors sideways to fit in. It would be a great mod, please try it! :sweet:

Well, you could do it, on paper at least. However, you'd have to turn one or both of the L motors sideways to fit in. It would be a great mod, please try it! :sweet:

There is one concern I have about this change. Having an L motor for bending the arm will increase the strength

in digging, however, that would also put more torque on the universal joints in the arm. I remember reading somewhere

that an XL motor can break universal joints (of course, the L motor does not generate as much torque as an XL motor,

but it does produce a lot more than the M motor).

What I'm wondering is if the universal joints can handle the torque produced by an L motor.