Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Valholl Tower

Here is my first build for the "Walls of Valholl" minichallenge for Mitgardia. The second floor walkway is the exact same height as that on the normal wall section and the tower is modular. Ecclesiastes' tower inspired me to use the wall panels pirate_thumbup.gif

The Jarl, Elon, Glorfindel, and Steen are discussing the recent Elemental attacks.

7824612518_9de555276e_o.jpg

Any comments or criticism welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

oh, wow, this a really great tower, and althought the design differs from the standard wall design, it'd still say that would fit the rest of the wall perfectly well. As for the rest of the tower, it looks really sturdy and indeed very Mitgardian. I like it a lot. And also many thanks for putting Steen in there, as Royal Architect he is very pleased with how the wall is getting better and better.

I just wonder how you will attach more section to this, with that base :wink:

PS: make sure you also post a pic in the community build main thread, so we can keep track of all the entries!

oh, wow, this a really great tower, and althought the design differs from the standard wall design, it'd still say that would fit the rest of the wall perfectly well. As for the rest of the tower, it looks really sturdy and indeed very Mitgardian. I like it a lot. And also many thanks for putting Steen in there, as Royal Architect he is very pleased with how the wall is getting better and better.

I just wonder how you will attach more section to this, with that base :wink:

PS: make sure you also post a pic in the community build main thread, so we can keep track of all the entries!

Oops thanks for the reminder :blush: The side borders are only hooked on by 2 1x2 tiles each, the tower is built on 8x16 white bricks and without the border it didn't look very nice. I'll pop them off to hook the other wall sections up, the walls are done but I need to do the city scene.

Glad you like the tower and it was an honor to visit with Steen :classic:

That's massive and awesome. :thumbup::oh: Good work.

Each builder should take a picture straight on, then someone could combine all the pictures together in a photo editor to make it look like an actual wall. :classic:

Great MOC. With all the quality MOC's being made, Valholl will be unconquerable.

Thanks, that's the idea :thumbup:

That's massive and awesome. :thumbup::oh: Good work.

Each builder should take a picture straight on, then someone could combine all the pictures together in a photo editor to make it look like an actual wall. :classic:

Thank you, that's a pretty good idea but it would be one loooooooong wall :laugh:

I have got to say you've become one awesome builder soccerkid6. I really think you've improved so fast and you do very well with taking suggestions and incorporating them into you MOCs!!

I like this build, it fits your style very much.

My only suggestion for improvent would be that the upper section does look a little TOO textured.

I have got to say you've become one awesome builder soccerkid6. I really think you've improved so fast and you do very well with taking suggestions and incorporating them into you MOCs!!

I like this build, it fits your style very much.

My only suggestion for improvent would be that the upper section does look a little TOO textured.

Thanks :blush: I think you are right about the texturing and I'll fix it for when I take pictures of all the segments together :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6

Nice tower! It would be awesome to actually see how an entire wall with these towers would look. Do you have plans to extend this?

Nice tower! It would be awesome to actually see how an entire wall with these towers would look. Do you have plans to extend this?

Thanks! My plan is too add one basic wall section to each side, I don't have enough bley to do more than that :hmpf_bad: Though compared to what I used to be able to build in bley: 6835590029_6d96dd05b3_z.jpg

that's pretty good :laugh:

Edited by soccerkid6

Great tower again, the ornamentaion is maybe a bit overwelming but that's your style so that doesn't bother me! Also nice to see some panel usage :wink:

Great tower again, the ornamentaion is maybe a bit overwelming but that's your style so that doesn't bother me! Also nice to see some panel usage :wink:

Thank you, I was surprised at how easy it was to incorporate the panels :classic: