Level 5 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
5/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x2, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1), Remedy

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 3 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment:
Tetsubo (WP:5)

Inventory:
Potion, Iron Great Axe (WP3)

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 7 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*
*Encouraged*

Power:

Health:
12/12

Gold:
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves
(Power +2, protects from weakened)
, Sylvania's Cowl
(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6,
1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)
), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4)

Wanting to make progress quickly, the party headed into the damp and dark cave. If they wished to unravel this mystery, the party would have the search the bowels of the cavern. As their eyes adjusted to the darkness, the heroes slowly pushed forward.

Bodies were strewn to their left and to their right. Bodies of both Viking and Werewolf warriors, often maimed and dismembered.

7.jpg

Clamour of fighting could still be heard in the distance, alongside wails of the dying and the muffled cries of those being taken away. The heroes made progress slowly, for the cave was very dark and the paths, if there were any, were very rough. After a while, they came to a split.

8.jpg

What path wil the party take?

I'll go the right way you two go left. You are weaker, but there's two of you. Either group can catch up. There's no debating. I'm going alone first. I can hold my own for a few rounds.

Siercon was taken aback by the forcefulness of Lycan's statement. He naturally figured it would be far better to defeat any enemies quickly and save mana... not expecting to rest any time soon. "Okay... If your set on marching forth alone... I'll be happy to stick with Zark, though I figured it'd be best to stay as a group. These bodies look pretty torn up, don't want to turn a corner and find you in such a state." With that Siercon shrugged, and went left.

"Coming Zark?" he said with a smile.

OoC: it's ok that we take both paths right? or does "which path does the party take" mean we have to go as a group?

Siercon was taken aback by the forcefulness of Lycan's statement. He naturally figured it would be far better to defeat any enemies quickly and save mana... not expecting to rest any time soon. "Okay... If your set on marching forth alone... I'll be happy to stick with Zark, though I figured it'd be best to stay as a group. These bodies look pretty torn up, don't want to turn a corner and find you in such a state." With that Siercon shrugged, and went left.

"Coming Zark?" he said with a smile.

OoC: it's ok that we take both paths right? or does "which path does the party take" mean we have to go as a group?

"Yep coming Siercon and Lycan be careful ok" Zark replied whilst taking the left route.

QM Note: "OoC: it's ok that we take both paths right? or does "which path does the party take" mean we have to go as a group?"

I did first plan on keeping the group together and not split up the party, but if you really want to split up, there's nothing much I can do about it really :tongue: . However, in all honesty, I wouldn't suggest splitting up :wink: . It's up to you, of course :classic: .

Siercon heard a noise behind them and turned around. "Ahh! Gosh Lycan you scared me." Siercon sighed with a grin. "Hey, we're really glad to have you with us. Honestly, I dont want to end up like one of these." he said poking his foot at a viking spread across the cave floor. "I think its safe to say these paths lead to the same destiny anyways... with this much death down each."

The party continues Left as a group.

As the party walk down the path, Lycan seems different. What have I done? I have betrayed my kin, and broke the promise I gave to Elise all those years ago. That day was one of the worst days of my life.......

" Elise, I have to leave you! For your sake, and for Lupus."

"Don't leave me Lycan, I beg you. "

" I HAVE TO. YOU THINK I WANT TO LEAVE YOU? "

" Calm down Lycan. We don't want werewolf again. What about Lupus? I can't take him back home to The High Kingdoms. You know that."

" He will be well looked after by Icarus. "

" Icarus? Who's he?"

" My father."

" I thought he was dead! No one could of survived The Purge."

" I did. And the others who I helped escape shall never fall to my blade."

Something Draws Lycan back into reality, and he looks at Siercon and Zark, before anger flares back up in his eyes. He had already knocked out one of his kin. He would have to finish the job now, and slip further into the void of eternal torture.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

The party headed left. They entered a long, low-ceiled tunnel. They had barely started to make some progress as voices echoed down the tunnel. As the party crept closer, the voices became more distinct and the heroes could make out what was being said.

"- ... enda som bryr sig om reglerna?! -"

However, the heroes didn't understand a word of what was being said. It was clear, though, that vikings were nearby. Eager for more information on the doctor's whereabouts, the heroes slowly came closer. Carefully they peeked around the corner and saw a group of three Norsemen. Apparently, they were having some sort of discussion. The Norse way, arms at the ready.

9.jpg

What will the party do?

"Looks like they're interrogating that one guy up against the wall. It would be a pity to unite them with us being their common enemy. Maybe they speak English? If they want to fight, I see no need to restrain ourselves...Let's just also be careful of that giant spider." Siercon said with a sly smile. He thought to himself, I can pretend to not know a little Swedish, and see what kind of information we can get out of them. People say all kinds of things when they think you cant understand them.

Siercon speaks to the vikings whilst avoiding the spider.

Motioning to the Vikings Siercon faked a scared helpless face and said in a panicked voice "Hel-lo! Doo yoo speaka' any english?"

OoC: I suppose goggle translater is not allowed to translate swedish? Or regardless do we just not understand them?

Motioning to the Vikings Siercon faked a scared helpless face and said in a panicked voice "Hel-lo! Doo yoo speaka' any english?"

Zark couldn't help but let out a slight snigger upon hearing this imitation. He hoped the vikings hadn't noticed.

Edited by Pharos712

Lycan thinks he recognizes the word. You can only kill so many Vikings without picking up a few words. " The only ones Who care about the rules are"

"Let me do xthe talking. Hvor er Ourobourous? Vi Kar kommet For a hjelpe deg. .

OOC : Where is Ouroborous we have come to help.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

OoC: I suppose goggle translater is not allowed to translate swedish? Or regardless do we just not understand them?

QM Note: I only added in some sentences to give a northern vibe to the "conversation" and to make clear to the party that these people are vikings. It's up to you if you think your character can understand them or not :wink: . You're not missing much if you decide your character can't understand the viking tongue, the important stuff will be in plain English.

The Nord holding the torch turned around as he noticed the party. He grinned at Siercon's weak attempt at conversation. Gripping the hilt of his sword tightly, he stepped closer to the party. The man was definitely a Nord. If his accent and tongue hadn't been a dead giveaway earlier, his tall and brawny build gave it away now. A bushy beard circled the proud warrior's mouth. He raised his torch to catch a better glimpse of the party.

viking_1.png

"Hur, hur, hur!
Främlingar!
Of course I can speak Common. By Wartan's wisdom, Roggvir is no ignorant fool! What is your purpose here?" the viking warrior snarled.

Before Siercon the Mage could answer the question, Lycan intervened. The mail-clad viking raised one of his bushy eyebrows in response to the Rogue question.

"Let me do xthe talking. Hvor er Ourobourous? Vi Kar kommet For a hjelpe deg. .

viking_1.png

"A nice try,
varg
, but ultimately futile as I have proven myself more than capable of fluent conversation in your Speech. Again, what is your purpose here? What do you know of Oroborus and what do you intend on helping us with?"

In the back of the cavern, the heroes could see the furry-hatted Nord briefly break free of the savage one's custody. To no avail, however, as the man was quickly pushed back into the corner by the brute.

viking_3.png

"Help!"

viking_2.png

"
Stänga, mask
!"

"Yeah, what he said!" Siercon added in a very convincing gruff tone. In contrast to his former weaker statement, he started to adopt the perfect go-with-the-flow act, giving the appearance of being very malleable. "By the way nice sword, I wouldnt want to be on the other end of that... Like that guy. What's that runts problem?" He said motioning with contempt to the scared viking in the corner. Siercon hoped that slight flattery followed by a shared annoyance or disdain would surpass the vikings wariness in revealing information.

When no one was looking he gave the scared viking a wink.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

We have come to assist in the slaying of the wolf blood.

Roggvir eyed Lycan very suspiciously.

viking_1.png

"Oh, really, have you now,
pojke
? To what end? Why would you meddle with affairs that are none of your concern?"

The tall Nord then turned to Siercon, still wary of Lycan.

"Yeah, what he said!" Siercon added in a very convincing gruff tone. In contrast to his former weaker statement, he started to adopt the perfect go-with-the-flow act, giving the appearance of being very malleable. "By the way nice sword, I wouldnt want to be on the other end of that... Like that guy. What's that runts problem?"

[...]

viking_1.png

"What the boy did is none of your concerns, frankly. Let's just say his actions were on the verge of sacrilege. This whole job is on the verge of blasphemy, I say. Mother Helvetia protect us rom this madness!"

The Nord then took a more stern and severe posture. He nodded towards the party. His eyes burned in the torch's light.

viking_1.png

"You haven't answered my previous question yet. You mentioned 'Oroborus', what do you know of them?"

"protect us rom this madness" Siercon mimicked now hunched over now like a jester. "He can dish out questions, but he can't answer any. Maybe that's because he doesn't know anything." He gave a puzzled shrugged towards Lycan...

After a short pause Siercon sighed, and stood to his full height. "Screw this facade." He said in an imposing voice. Walking strait up to the viking, who now had to look slightly up (about an inch but it was still worth mentioning), Siercon stared directly into the vikings face. All the viking could seen was a black void under Sylvania's cowl. Nothing, not the back of the cowl, not shades of grey, nothing could be seen. "Answer me this, and it might save your life. What do you know of the Oroborus, and the secret alchemist league... Born of the Raven's eye... One like you knows nothing." Siercon said in a deep hiss. He knew he was completely BSing but it was pretty obvious that these guys were of no use. Besides these vikings would most likely be dead in a few minutes. Turning his back to he walked to the back row.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Lycan too grew, far above even siercon. Lycan was turning brown, his muscles growing and his control shrinking.

Just how he wanted it.

"If you fools were any smarter you would of realised I said wolfblood, not werewolf. I find werewolf such a deragotory term. Although, protecting a vampires low, and I didn't want to be in his employ either, but its money. Money I shall hopefully claim once you simpletons are lying on the floor, covered in blood."

The time of talk was over. Tensions rose as the party insulted the Vikings. Instead of trying to gain further information, they decided to settle the situations with blood. Roggivr spins around his blade and grins. The other Viking joins the brawl instantly. He knocks out the younger warrior and raises his great-axe in order to strike.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE !

The Enemies:

viking_1.png

"Get back in your basket, pooch!"

Mercenary Viking Warrior

Type:
Humanoid; Icy

Level:

Health:
120/120

Defense:

Special:
Drink Mead
- The Viking drinks one his Meads, which results in one of the following actions:

- The Viking Warrior regains 10 Health

- The Mercenary Warrior gets worked up in a drunken rage, dealing 2 Damage to every opponent. However, the Viking becomes Confused as a side-effect

Drops: 10 Gold

viking_2.png

"Torrik, grant me strength !"

Mercenary Viking Berserker

Type:
Humanoid; Icy

Level:

Health:
100/100

Defense:

Special:
Berserk
- The Viking goes Berserk, attacking all members of the opposing party. All targets take 2 Damage.

Drops: Nothing

The Party:

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon
(Siercon and Coral)
*** Party Leader ***

Level 5 Mage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
5/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x2, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1), Remedy

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 3 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment:
Tetsubo (WP:5)

Inventory:
Potion, Iron Great Axe (WP3)

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 7 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*
*Encouraged*

Power:

Health:
12/12

Gold:
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves
(Power +2, protects from weakened)
, Sylvania's Cowl
(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6,
1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)
), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4)

oroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.png

Party Leader, choose the order of actions.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.