1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_45799.png

Hello everyone,

I will like to take this opportunity to build something small since I hardly have much available free time to build something big, so I decided to look through my LEGO polybags collection. And, here I am holding at this lovely little bag. Thinking to myself, this polybag will make an ideal display piece at my office table in my workplace. Got to thanks my UK Eurobricks buddies for making this possible, Dunjohn, Fugazi, Rufus and Slyowl. Thank you all. :wub:

Name: 30161 Batmobile

Theme: LEGO System / Superheroes / DC Universe

Year: 2012

Pieces: 45

Minifigs: 0 minifigure

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30161 Batmobile

7394802694_c53bd29dd0_o.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30161 Batmobile

7394802268_5bf7b4b372_o.jpg

This is Batman's iconic and advanced small-scale Batmobile

7394798118_1f3e4cca68_o.jpg

Witness the iconic Bruce Wayne aka Batman, standing beside one of the most iconic and advanced looking Batmobile! Alright, I just noticed that this polybag is to build a model and there is no minifigure included in this built. Although this Batmobile may not be built to minifigure's scale but this miniature design makes a fine Batmobile in a small scale design.

This polybag is part of the May 2012 Sun Newspaper promotional giveaway, where UK residents manage to have a chance to acquire it in this one of the best giveaways for LEGO enthusiasts. Pretty fortunate for them to get this polybag through this great opportunity.

Instruction Manual (Front)

7394801724_a03ae2e9e7_o.jpg

Instruction Manual (Back)

7394801292_144d161de2_o.jpg

The LEGO building content

7394800842_ca62c6f6bd_o.jpg

These are the laid out content of building up this lovely little LEGO Creator-type vehicular set. The building process is similar to those LEGO Racers (Tiny Turbos) type. After finishing the built, these are the remaining spare parts.

Useful vehicular building parts

7394799794_ceef7efc15_o.jpg

I find the above parts to be quite useful to build small vehicular designs especially those parts can help to shape the grooves of the vehicular side with the wheels in it.

Building process of the Batmobile

7394800358_570c80bf65_o.jpg

As you can see the building illustration above, the entire built is streamlined and modelled closely with the existing Batmobile design and intend to stay true to it. To be honest, with the total parts of 45 building parts, it is very good that they are able to model something quite identical into this miniature scale. I like the front of the Batmobile, but I find the parts at the end of it, which look a little off as I will hope it is not flushed straight to the ground. Still, there are plentiful of different variations and designs of the Batmobile, and here is a Google Image results search, where you can see the whole list of it.

Different views of the Batmobile

7394799004_4ff77d7022_o.jpg

Robin, what do you think of the Batmobile prototype?

7394798670_40437de44b_o.jpg

Looks to me like a Batmobile kiddie ride?

7394798354_de9ed469dd_o.jpg

To conclude, this polybag may just be good for a display set for those enjoy viewing the bigger designs in smaller perspective. Even though the biggest enticing factor is to have a minifigure in it, but such designs don't come with minifigure in it and in the end, what else could make this polybag appealing to others. I will feel that the charm and beauty of the LEGO Batman license will essentially be driving these polybags to sell like hotcakes. Any licensed theme, even if it is of such small scale that is not meant for minifigure, the licensed appeal will still attract buyers and collectors to acquire it. For me, I find this polybag a very good display piece for me to push the small little vehicle and crash it to the end of the table when I am feeling stress. Not a very healthy way to de-stress the mood. Given the limited parts, even though the design is not entirely accurate but still got to give the thumbs up for being able to do something close to the real stuff.

Summary review

Playability: 7/10 (Not minifigure scale but can be quite fun to use it for pushing it around.)

Design: 7/10 (Although the front is nicely done, but I find the rear to be a little off the mark.)

Price: 8/10 (Price can be quite reasonable if you are able to get it at a decent rate.)

Overall: 7.3/10 (Get this if possible especially when you get it at a reasonable price to add into your own Batman collection.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

A really nice little set, but considering the Batman Jetski set came out along with this, I'd rather have that.

A really nice little set, but considering the Batman Jetski set came out along with this, I'd rather have that.

I got both. :tongue:

And, both are 'must' to have! :sweet:

Excellent review, Whitefang. This polybag looks like a great model of the Batmobile and it looks like there are some useful parts here.

As always, a very entertaining review, WF.

I'm not expert on Batman's Batmobiles, but I think this one looks very cool, especially given the scale.

I was watching the show that this Batmobile is based from, and I really like it! Again, if I can find this in store, I would totally pick it up. Thanks for the review.

I have to say this is probably one of the best mini-vehicle builds I've seen as a polybag set (second only to this rare mini London Bus) - very nice shaping that accurately captures the essence of the Batmobile. Those who got these are really quite fortunate, hoping to get my hands to one of these soon! Thanks for this review! :thumbup:

This is a great review of a lovely little set, thanks for posting :thumbup:

I really do think this is one of the nicest polybag sets Lego has ever produced.

When combined with the Batman Jet Ski polybag, they make a great pair - just like the Jack Sparrow boat and the Mini Black Pearl do. I hope Lego continues making sets of two polybags- one containing a character and a mini vehicle and the other containing a micro-scale version of their trademark vehicle. I hope this is a pattern.

I could see, for example, a Han Solo with small speeder bike as one, then a mini- scale Millenium Falcon to go with it.

Thanks for the review. It is nice to see it at different angles. If I ever see this I will definitely consider picking it up. It looks great for such a small scale. I don't love the rear of the build though, but oh well.

Thank you so much guys! It is great to know that you had enjoyed reading this Batman review, even though I am not a real expert like our EB members, like Oky and The Penguin who knows more about the Batman universe. :tongue:

When combined with the Batman Jet Ski polybag, they make a great pair - just like the Jack Sparrow boat and the Mini Black Pearl do. I hope Lego continues making sets of two polybags- one containing a character and a mini vehicle and the other containing a micro-scale version of their trademark vehicle. I hope this is a pattern.

I could see, for example, a Han Solo with small speeder bike as one, then a mini- scale Millenium Falcon to go with it.

Excellent suggestion and good points too! I agreed with your observation of the pairs for the POTC and Batman. :sweet:

Thanks for the review and great pics.

I don't care for the look of this Batmobile but couldn't pass it up for under five bucks at Target yesterday. Certainly can't complain about the price but the jetski seems like an even greater value since it includes the minifig.

I hope LEGO does a polybag with Robin theme and minifig.