Darthluke824

Crazy eBay Finds

Just out of curiosity, how much did you bid? Or do you prefer not to share that bit of information?

Looks like its gone

No one bought it, the listing just ended or the seller cancelled. I wonder if this will ever sell :laugh:

TO MODS: Since this topic has been a success, could the title be changed to Crazy Ebay Finds? And just keep it as a running topic?

Thank you

TO MODS: Since this topic has been a success, could the title be changed to Crazy Ebay Finds? And just keep it as a running topic?

Thank you

Done. :classic:

Suits me-Im in for Lando :laugh:

I CALL THE CLONE TROOPERS ILL PUT IN 10 BUCKS FOR ALL THE COMMANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I CALL THE CLONE TROOPERS ILL PUT IN 10 BUCKS FOR ALL THE COMMANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Now were getting somewhere! We now have £13 towards it. Only £21,987 to go :laugh: horray.

In the 'Hopeful' rather than 'Totally nuts' range:(link here)

It's already got 4 offers so it will probably sell at some point...there's a Cloud City also available :wub::wub::wub:

I think I saw that very copy at CVI. Judging by this price they had a 20% discount there... :rofl: The grading thing is new to me as well.

I find it sad to put a box of Lego into a plastic box like that.

I totally agree!

I collected vintage SW for a couple of years and ended up with a decent collection; some of this was AFA graded. It's a sensible idea to preserve toys that were 30+ years old but, as far as I'm concerned, Lego should be built! I'm looking forward to buying MISB a Cloud City one day, and I will open & build it (albeit rather carefully :wink:).

As far as I'm concerned, Lego should be built!

I found out that there are two types of Lego Lovers (LL:) Collectors, and Builders. First ones do not care all that much about mocing, and they keep their sets in different bags/boxes, divides buy sets content. The other ones by bricks piece by piece, do not care all that much if some bricks are missing from their sets and keep their bricks altogether, or divided by type/color. The first one regard Lego as a valuable thing that is part of collection, the other type regards Lego as a toy. First ones buy Lego sets because of the number that they are missing in collection, the other type buys them because of some part(s) that is in that set, and they want it:)

Being builder myself, sometimes I can not understand collectors, but as my surrounding is full of them, sometimes they can not understand me, passing on a LOTR set to buy a cup at PaB :)

Edited by Angeli

Who would buy every single set? I mean, a rich person I guess...

The offers are pathetic. 100 and 2,500 pounds. I want to offer $200.

Yeah, it seems way overpriced unless I'm not seeing something that's there.

What's that stack of largish boxes with theme names on them? Are those store displays?

Ok, here's another one: link

Very large job lot of mostly sorted Lego

45,000 pounds

£45000 *huh*, it's not worth that much. £1000 maybe.

£45000 *huh*, it's not worth that much. £1000 maybe.

mmm, I dont know. Hard to estimate without realy seeing it. But if you read the description of the lot, the pictures only show the tip of the iceberg. If I understand well it even contains a UCS MF (not in the pics), that beasty alone will already burn your `£1000...