Darthluke824

Crazy eBay Finds

That's something you don't see everyday indeed! :oh: Nice find Darthluke824! :sweet:

SOLD

Oh wait 25,000-maybe not today :wacko: Maybe if all the Eurobricksrs made a contribution of £1 we could share it :tongue: .

Edited by The Joker1

That's gotta hurt, parting with something like that...

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the retail price of those sets would have been?

Edited by bjtpro

Okay. Now it's time to start saving up 25,000 as fast as possible. That is one epic collection. If I had a sixth of that, I would be happy. I wonder if someone's going to buy that?

That's gotta hurt, parting with something like that...

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the retail price of those sets would have been?

Well, i have no idea about the original retail prices, but the seller estimates the total current value at about £40.150 based on the eBay and BrickLink prices of the individual sets. In comparison £25.000 sounds like a steal, but who has even that kind of money lying around?

And yeah, i would find it really hard letting go of a collection like that... Just look at all of the beautiful UCS models, not to mention all of the other really rare sets.

It's only 30 minutes drive away for me.....I was tempted to take a look, but when I quietly mentioned it to Mrs Lobot she didn't seem overly impressed by the idea! :laugh:

Seriously though, what would you do with it all? Also, for me part of the fun of collecting is the countless hours that you can 'productively' waste on Ebay & Bricklink etc searching for bargains; it's just too much.

Excuse me, but what is that amazing deal? I can't see it, Ebay blocks it for my country :sceptic:

Someone from the UK is selling his Star Wars collection consisting of over 260 sets, well over 100,000 pieces, more than 800 minifigures, plus ... exclusives, limited editions, keychains, magnets, books, stickers, posters, badges, media and more, all for the price of £25,000.00 (with FREE delivery to the UK mainland). Interested?

Someone from the UK is selling his Star Wars collection consisting of over 260 sets, well over 100,000 pieces, more than 800 minifigures, plus ... exclusives, limited editions, keychains, magnets, books, stickers, posters, badges, media and more, all for the price of £25,000.00 (with FREE delivery to the UK mainland). Interested?

Thank you.

Interrested? Yes of course! Do I have the money? No of course :sweet:

Wow, I'm speechless :oh: But I wouldn't pay £25,000 considering there is a lot of stuff I don't like. I always like to pay for things

that I REALLY want.

Edited by Otherworld

This is bonkers! :laugh:

I have all my UCS sets and a few others (like the 10188) displayed in an orderly fashion and they take up an entire room... This would take up a huge 300m^2 house...

So that's 25.000 quid for the Legos and another 700.000for the house (calculating... please wait...)

OMG! I need just 19billion! (including guard dogs, lasers and a moat)

Edited by mortesv

Imressive collection, too bad its UK only, too bad that most of this boxes are open and lastly too bad that I have now morgage to pay :P

I don't think a complete collection of star wars lego sets would be worth anywhere near 25,000 pounds. I own around 2/3 of the minifig sets including Cloud City, and the UCS Falcon and UCS shuttle, and I estimate my collection to be worth around 5,000 - 7,000 US dollars. The UCS sets I don't own may be worth a couple thousand, and I could even see going as high as $12,000 dollars for every set, but 25,000 pounds? Maybe he has many many duplicates, but otherwise this sounds far overpriced.

Am I just way off in my estimation?

I don't think a complete collection of star wars lego sets would be worth anywhere near 25,000 pounds. I own around 2/3 of the minifig sets including Cloud City, and the UCS Falcon and UCS shuttle, and I estimate my collection to be worth around 5,000 - 7,000 US dollars. The UCS sets I don't own may be worth a couple thousand, and I could even see going as high as $12,000 dollars for every set, but 25,000 pounds? Maybe he has many many duplicates, but otherwise this sounds far overpriced.

Am I just way off in my estimation?

The UCS Millennium Falcon in used condition alone is worth 1500 at least at the moment, and he has got many more rare sets. Taking all the current Bricklink and eBay prices into account, it adds up pretty quickly i think. Maybe you should try and find all the Bricklink prices of your own collection and see how much it's really worth at this moment :wink:

It's only worth 13k so he wants twice as much as it's worth plus the sets are all 2nd hand at least it is all Lego and not Legos whatever that is!