Sign in to follow this  
Berry Syedow

Sets containing piratical and/or complimentary elements!

Oi, Phred, can you link me to your carronade on Lego.com? I really want to buy a few :) Great design!

I've finially got my new camcorders still image feature working properly, so i'll take a few pictures of some of my "stand in" pirate crew tommorow.

My carronade designs finally became public.

To view them go to this website. If you want it to have black "wheels" go to this site.

If it doesn't work go to http://factory.lego.com/gallery/ and search under the creator's name derhp and or search under carronade and carronade2.

I've been using those knight pieces for "extras" or "cannon fodder" for a while now, they actually look pretty good.

extras006.jpg

This really looks good Aaron. Great idea to combine this torso with the shako!

these work pretty good too for british cannon fodder

extras002.jpg

I have also been experimenting with that hat some time ago to make a British army from end 19th century.

Here a picture of my British troops in Africa (or was it my garden? :-D ):

english-in-africa.jpg

^ it looks like you garden is pretty well defended! Most of my British and French (or red and blue) imperial guards have been switched over to tricornes or bicornes so it seemed pretty logical to put those shakos to good use. I also see your troops have the regular type rifle as opposed to the piratey muskatoon.

Digging up an old thread, this has probably been mentioned, 4768 Harry Potter: The Durmstrang Ship offers some interesting parts.

CM

Digging up an old thread, this has probably been mentioned, 4768 Harry Potter: The Durmstrang Ship offers some interesting parts.

CM

I don't believe anyone has mentioned it, yet. Which isn't surprising since many "old-school" pirate fans don't appreciate the <insert that tiresome argument> (some might say ugly :-P) look of the hull. I wouldn't mind giving this a try, though. By the way, did anyone manage to snag a copy from Lego.com when they were half off, back in December?

Perhaps this spiderman set may be easily converted into a period shipyard.

4856 Spiderman Doc Ock Hideout

This isn't a half bad suggestion, ghoulrealm. Not only do we already get a decent set, but there's a nice selection of brown, as well as a blue 32x32 baseplate. There only looks to be 8-9 pieces that one might have difficulty integrating into a "Pirate MOC". (Excluding the fleshies.)

I'll add two more sets that look to be great part packs: This and That. (I'll get around to the specifics some other time.)

I got the UCS Batmobile for 35 USD today at Wal-mart and was shocked at the amount of usable bricks in it!! For Pirates that is.

tn_7784-1_jpg.jpg

Set # is 7784

For those serious about someday making a Black Pearl (or any black vessel), there are a lot of bricks included that'll help with detailing.

For instance:

12 of these 2339.png 1 of these 6108.png and 2621.png

a bunch of black50746.1102700188.jpg and 50950.png

and a whole bunch of wedge bricks and plates.

Since most bricks are black, there isn't a significant abount of bley, for those anti-bleyists.

Peeron parts list

The first is empty with a checkered tile floor. The second is problably the same but I can't tell for sure because it just came out so I can't find any online pictures.

Afraid that the second has a green "Carpet" instead of checkered tile and there is no second story, it's just some windows for show.

This is probably old news, but was looking over the Adventures stuff and thought the islander fans might like the Amazon sets.

Another torse for the Islanders.

CM

As I said in the Davy Jones topic. you could use the minifigures in Bionicle playsets of the Toa Mahri and Barakki for Davy Jones and his men. Sure, trandsending the barriers of System, but still works.

Recently, I saw a viking set with two rowboats, and it was only 9.99 usd! 8-o Naturally, I bought ten sets. I was just wondering whether there were more golden pirate piece finds out there that I haven't found...

Welcome at Eurobricks Hans!

I don't see much difference between this thread and the Sets containing piratical and/or complimentary elements-thread.

This thread explicitly handles piratical elements/pieces in current sets, but since the other thread didn't exclude current sets, I think we better continue this discussion there and close this topic.

Welcome at Eurobricks Hans!

I don't see much difference between this thread and the Sets containing piratical and/or complimentary elements-thread.

This thread explicitly handles piratical elements/pieces in current sets, but since the other thread didn't exclude current sets, I think we better continue this discussion there and close this topic.

Why not merge it? *sweet* Let's merge!!!

Mr Tiber

Why not merge it? *sweet* Let's merge!!!

Mr Tiber

Aye! Merge. *y*

:)

P