Legonardo

Roerblad Manor

7805617966_bd675522c0_c.jpg

Hey all, here is my latest freebuild. the Home of Lord Legonardo of Glevum. wasen't it's original purpose but This is for the "King of the Castle" title.

7805706996_1d043f5d05_z.jpg

7805706382_7f32332362_z.jpg

7805706710_bcb9bbe0ca_c.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

~Legonardo

Very nice! :thumbup: I love the roof and ship wheel. I don't think I've see that before. You achieved a really great look without using 1x1 side stud bricks and tiles how most people do. Great build! Keep'em coming.

Very nice! :thumbup: I love the roof and ship wheel. I don't think I've see that before. You achieved a really great look without using 1x1 side stud bricks and tiles how most people do. Great build! Keep'em coming.

Thanks! this build actually started out as a water wheel, and while trying out methods to make the wheel I came up with the roof.

Glad you like it!

~Dangerous

Roerblad? Seriously... :laugh:

But keeping in mind that it started with the shipping wheel (the result is really well done!!) it makes some sense :classic:

And indeed a very nice rooftechnic!

Roerblad? Seriously... :laugh:

I fail to see whats funny about it

Glad you like it though!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

I fail to see whats funny about it

It's a Dutch maritime word...

And it's only funny (as I am from Flanders) because only a guy from the Netherlands would name his house like that :wink:

I really like the base and of course the uppermost story of your building. The photograpyh and editing too, is great as always.

However, I personally think that are too many horizontal beams for this to be real "Fachwerk" house. I'd take out the middle beam of each story and thin the horizontal beams to the thickness of two plates. Other than that it's a great build!

A nice build LD. I am particularly fond of the roof and the base design. I find the black and white a bit "in your face" but it is still true to design. Great job. :thumbup:

It's a Dutch maritime word...

I thought Roer had something to do with maritime in some other language!

I really like the base and of course the uppermost story of your building. The photograpyh and editing too, is great as always.

However, I personally think that are too many horizontal beams for this to be real "Fachwerk" house. I'd take out the middle beam of each story and thin the horizontal beams to the thickness of two plates. Other than that it's a great build!

Really? I do agree with the fact that I put alot but I'm not sure it's too much, it looks much better in person though

A nice build LD. I am particularly fond of the roof and the base design. I find the black and white a bit "in your face" but it is still true to design. Great job. :thumbup:

Thanks! is it the colors or the distributions of them that you find disturbing?

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Great home LD! Looks like a real manor house! :wub:

The roof is great! Love it! :thumbup: Have to agree regarding the beams though, maybe a little less of them..?

Great to see other Avalonians homes!

Very nice, Roerblad is a very suitable name, If I didn't know any better I'd think you were dutch :laugh:

Very nice build! I too like the ship wheel usage :thumbup: The roof is also very nice, you have certainly been cranking out the builds lately :classic:

Nicely done LD!

The roof is nice. I like how you shown some of the timbers underneath were the tiles or slate has fallen off. Perhaps an inverted 1x2 slope on the end of the gable vs. the 1x2 brick but that is nitpicking The Ships wheel is a fantastic detail too.

I am not bothered too much by the number of horizontal timbers, it would be interesting to see what they look like 2 plates wide vs. a whole brick.

I really like the base too. I need to step out from using 32x32 bases and go more organic

over all great job and looking forward to your next build!

Very nice build Legonardo Davidy. The doorway detailing and the roof treatment stand out, and the transition from black to brown timbers oddly looks quite natural. I have no objection to your black and white treatment, my hometown Chester is full of buildings that are way more "in your face" than this. I wonder if the lack of windows makes this building a bit dark inside? Is there any interior? Where you have "missing pieces" on the roof, it looks like you have a solid timber frame underneath - I am no expert but would a frame be solid or have a birdcage frame like a modern house?

Well done

:classic:

Thanks! is it the colors or the distributions of them that you find disturbing?

I guess its the flatness of the wall and the starkness of the colours. I think a bit of depth would do it the world of good. If the black was tiles attached to the white walls it would give it the feel of layering rather than the one-level appearance. Generally the Tudor tops come out further than the stonework beneath as well. Hope this helps explain it somewhat.

I like this building a lot Legonardo, the black and white makes it looks quite smart. The shape and pitch of the roof is nice too, although a bit more detailling on your eaves would really make it pop. The ship's wheel is a great touch too. Good stuff! :thumbup: