Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

Picture Review: #30210 LOTR Polybag

Quite a neat little set! :thumbup: Thanks for the pics. I like some of the techniques used in it. I'll have to try to get at least one copy! :classic:

You better hurry. Each TRU only gets a hundred of these. They came out two weeks ago.

Sure, it's not a flashy set with fancy swords or armor, but it captures the feel of a Hobbit perfectly - that's what I like the most about it. It's a Hobbit doing his favorite things: eating, drinking, and there's even a flower for gardening. This'll definitely be a good addition to the Bag End set coming out later this year.

I ended up getting two copies of it.

Thanks for the excellent review. I think this a great set for parts, but personally I think that if you want Frodo in his Shire clothes, you should buy Gandalf Arrives as it has Gandalf as well. :sweet:

Thanks for the review on this little, pretty nice set. :thumbup:

I really hope that it becomes available in Germany, too. Furniture and civil gadgets are difficult to get these days - if one does not want to rip apart other sets for them. :classic:

This set and the abundance of hobbits everywhere would make it easy to build a halfling army. While surely not the most majestic and sublime army, it would be interesting to see a few regiments. There were halfling regiments in Warhammer, maybe someone will do it in LEGO, too, with Stings and sticks and hayforks etc. I can see them beating down the occasional orc.

Edited by Wardancer

Thanks for the excellent review. I think this a great set for parts, but personally I think that if you want Frodo in his Shire clothes, you should buy Gandalf Arrives as it has Gandalf as well. :sweet:

My thoughts exactly. Sure there are some nice pieces in this set like the sausage, pan, glasses, etc., but other than that it really doesn't have much going for it. For 8 more bucks and almost the same price per piece you could just spring for the Gandalf Arrives set and get the exact same Frodo, Gandalf who will be exclusive till Bag End is released, and you also get one of those cool new horses.

If only we would of gotten the Uruk-hai with Ballista instead here in the states :cry_sad:

This set and the abundance of hobbits everywhere would make it easy to build a halfling army. While surely not the most majestic and sublime army, it would be interesting to see a few regiments. There were halfling regiments in Warhammer, maybe someone will do it in LEGO, too, with Stings and sticks and hayforks etc. I can see them beating down the occasional orc.

Actually, in "Bored of the Rings," it says that a group of hobbits can take down the occasional farmer or constipated squirrel.

Actually, in "Bored of the Rings," it says that a group of hobbits can take down the occasional farmer or constipated squirrel.

You guys are completely downplaying Hobbits! In Moria, Sam takes down some Orcs, and endures a nasty head gash to boot! And Merry chops off several Orcs' hands and arms before being captured. (Note: both events are in the books.) :classic:

What I liked about it is that it's the first time (to my memory) that we Canadians pay the same price as the Americans: $4.99 CAD.

UPDATE:

TRU finally has put it on its website. It has a full description, and believe it or not, the actual name of the set is

"Frodo of Bag End".

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13215033

Product Description

Head home to Bag End with Frodo and this LEGO Lord of the Rings Frodo of Bag End (30210)! Help the Hobbit hero to cook up a meal on the open flame stove in an easy-to-build set that includes a table with flowers, stove, keg, pan, sausage, bottle and goblet. Makes a great gift for fans of LEGO The Lord of the Rings building sets!

The LEGO The Lord of the Rings Frodo of Bag End (30210) features:

Includes Frodo minifigure

Open-flame stove, table, pan, flowers, keg, goblet and sausage

Easy to build

Cook up something tasty in Frodo's hobbit home!

Makes a great gift for fans of LEGO The Lord of the Rings building sets

Ages 6-12

Contains 33 pieces

Edited by SheepEater

So, is there any way to get the vastly superior Uruk-Hai w/ballista polybag, or is that a U.K. only exclusive through the newspaper or whatever it was? I really hope we see it here in the states...

The Uruk-hai set will more than likely be available here in the states. Just be patient. It will probably show up at Target later this year.

It would be nice to see the one ring in another poly bag.

called Bilbo's Gift.

Including a Bilbo figure, a fireplace and a One ring. :thumbup:

TRU has the Frodo polybag free with a $20 purchase. The bag retails for $5, so it's a slight savings when you factor in the usual TRU mark-up.

TRU has the Frodo polybag free with a $20 purchase. The bag retails for $5, so it's a slight savings when you factor in the usual TRU mark-up.

I used the $15 off of $50 or more promo they were running last week to get it. I got 2 more Uruk-hai Army sets and 2 Frodo polybags for $60 before taxes. Shipping was free cause the order was over $50. I also got a wave 5 CMF. If I would have paid MSRP for all that it would of been 71 bucks plus taxes. Not an amazing deal, but not terrible either... about 15% off MSRP for it all.

A bit late, but nice review, 'Captain BeerBeard'! :sweet:

This is a cute little set. It is a bit pricey due to Toys'R'Us, but I love the figure and the pieces in this one. :thumbup: