Bricksan

CMF Monster Set & Rock Band Set

@Lordofdragonss:

Unprofessional? Hardly.

First of all, that image is most likely a picture of the set's prototype. When it was taken the two pieces to be replaced didn't yet exist, so what else could they do than use similar substitutes?

Secondly, it's hardly 'advertising'- these images were procured from the website before they were put up, therefore not being used in any kind of attention-getting manner. It's not even deceiving either, as we AFOLs had pictures of the final set contents before the images, and the image on the box matches what's shown in the clear plastic on the packaging itself.

Still, considering the above we're still getting all the new pieces we thought we were getting, one odd picture aside. That's something to be happy about eh? :classic:

Here are a few better pictures so you can see the figures a little better for the rock band set. I just got this in today so the pictures are fresh!

{pic}

Thanks

SWG

Okay, I was scared for a bit about the hair pieces after seeing GRogall's pictures. Thanks for clearing things up. :classic:

Unprofessional? Hardly.

First of all, that image is most likely a picture of the set's prototype. When it was taken the two pieces to be replaced didn't yet exist, so what else could they do than use similar substitutes?

Secondly, it's hardly 'advertising'- these images were procured from the website before they were put up, therefore not being used in any kind of attention-getting manner. It's not even deceiving either, as we AFOLs had pictures of the final set contents before the images, and the image on the box matches what's shown in the clear plastic on the packaging itself.

But you know this picture will be on S@H? It's always that way. Are they lazy and they don't want to make another photo of oficial set?

Still, considering the above we're still getting all the new pieces we thought we were getting, one odd picture aside. That's something to be happy about eh? :classic:

Yeah, let's party! New Black hair!

Is that two dark green 1X1 plates at the rear of the MF tomb stone? That could be very useful for people wanting to model old BR locomotives or anything in British racing green as they seem to be hard to come by?

Am I the only one that read the title as "CMF Monster Rockband" and had "bad 1970's kids show" flashbacks? *huh*

You can order the Ghost Polybag from Bricklink for $10, but then that's ALL you get. These packs will be much more worth it.

I bought more than 50 polybags for as much as 3$ each...

I'm so happy. :cry_happy:

But seriously, this is false advertising and this is VERY unprofesional! It's the Green wizard thing once again!

Why? The only actual set pictures or what we can view as official pics show the correct parts and colors? We have one unmarked obvious preliminary picture. It is doubtful that pic was not intended for release. But even then, they do often show us preliminary art. And they are up front about it. ( check out the pics from when the new Star Wars sets were announced a few monts ago. All of the figs from the Sith Fury and Republic Striker were preliminary or placeholders.)

Is that two dark green 1X1 plates at the rear of the MF tomb stone? That could be very useful for people wanting to model old BR locomotives or anything in British racing green as they seem to be hard to come by?

Actually it's pretty clear it's a 1x6 dgreen plate ;)

I bought more than 50 polybags for as much as 3$ each...

I don't live in Europe. I probably could have bought them from a European bricklink store for less... and then paid more than the difference in shipping.

I picked up the monster set at the Lego store in Shepherds Bush in London. Didn't see the Rock band set. The set is a lot smaller than i was expecting and to be honest I don't think its worth buying unless you really want a zombie. I say this because the witch is the same as the series 2 one and the ghost is available in other sets, here in the the uk the ghost polybag is being given away free in the sun newspaper promotion.

Another thing, and i'm sure this doesn't bother a lot of people, but the packaging looks really cheap. I don't remember how it was done with the beach set but with this one the box art has been printed directly onto the plastic. and I don't know whether this was because of the way it was printed but the image looks really blurry, it had the same quality of a printout from a cheap inkjet printer.

Also, (I know, I like to complain) is that in the image, you can see that the printed tile with the bat on it is sticker, the kind you see on prototype pieces on minifigures in the actual set its a sticker. Also the witch has grey hands in the image, but black in the actual set.

It looks like they have used the preliminary images of the set on the actual packaging. I originally thought that the images posted here earlier were only preliminary and that the packaging would be updated when the sets actually go on the shelves.

The same seems to be true of the rock band set, as you can see in this image that the mohawk piece is the original magenta one painted lime green, you can see the magenta coming through.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grogall/Minifigures/850486/850486_alt1.jpg

Edited by Rick
Keep embedded images to a maximum of 800 x 600 px

So I just got both these guys in the mail, and they're lovely. Expensive, yes. Too expensive, really, but they're nice once they're together. I'm a sucker for both spooky/morbid LEGO and bricky instruments, so both of these work for me.

The messy gravestone thing is nice, if a bit too busy. And yeah, the figures are for the most part easier and cheaper to get elsewhere, but there's still lots to like about the set. The Zombie is tops, and that little bat-printed stone letter thing is swell. Dunno where and when that's gonna show up elsewhere.

But the packaging, man! These things are so packaged. I was not expecting the density of that plastic, or the really nice printed card backdrops [they're like a bonus piece to use in your display!].

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Don't hate the Biebs..but here is our drummer from my daughters Brickworld 2012 Justin Bieber in Concert..

7974809318_10d5da97e8.jpg

Not a big fan of the Lego Rock Band Set. They could have really did a good job with it but it doesn't meet my expectations.

Video of our concert in action:

Updated the Monsters of Rock... still needs some last few pieces.

*snip*

Don't hate the Biebs..but here is our drummer from my daughters Brickworld 2012 Justin Bieber in Concert..

*snip*

Not a big fan of the Lego Rock Band Set. They could have really did a good job with it but it doesn't meet my expectations.

Video of our concert in action:

*snip*

Great concerts/stages, guys! They really make me wanna try to build something like that. :wink:

The Monsters set is no longer currently in Shop at Home, at least in the US - it's not just "sold out," the entry for 850487 has completely disappeared. I can't quite believe they've allowed themselves to permanently run out of such a perfectly Halloween-themed set to run out while it's still September, so I'm holding out hope it'll be back soon. But I was hoping to put it in an order soon. Oh, well...