Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Speedorz 2013?

I'm betting 'Speedorz" will be part of the classic Racing trope. In this case probably some sort of Street Racing theme. Hot Rods, tricked out cars, etc. Which could be really cool. Either that or some sort of new mini racers, raceable cars line to compete with the competitions new Hot Wheels License.

I'm betting 'Speedorz" will be part of the classic Racing trope. In this case probably some sort of Street Racing theme. Hot Rods, tricked out cars, etc. Which could be really cool. Either that or some sort of new mini racers, raceable cars line to compete with the competitions new Hot Wheels License.

Mini-racers sounds like a possiblity, but seems to me like we've had plenty of mini racers. I still stick with it being a Racers replacement. Lego needs some car themed theme, after all, and after World Racers and Cars, both of which lasted only a year, this one sounds like it might be something that should last a bit longer.

I was just joking with my brother how all the AFOLs who are worried about this theme will be ga-ga over it when they find out it's a flashy Great Ball Contraption theme.

Not really especially likely, but I was just thinking about how whatever Ninjago's replacement is (be it Speedorz or something else) it could easily have some kind of kinetic aspect much like the Ninjago spinner game, and GBC was the first thing that came to mind. LEGO has never done any kind of marble run theme, but it wouldn't be out of the question.

Looks like ice to me...possibly a Polar Xxpress hint? :sweet:

Looks like ice to me...possibly a Polar Xxpress hint? :sweet:

That makes two of us.....it does look like ice crystals to me also. :wink:

Though I wonder if the two are related.....Xxpress and Speedorz ? :wink:

If the two are related or not, this definitely has something to do with ice so it further confirms Polar Xxpress. Can't wait to find out more!

Well, if these two are related, maybe Speedorz/Xxpress are a racing theme? That would mean there's a chance for a dogsled!

Edited by DraikNova

That makes two of us.....it does look like ice crystals to me also. :wink:

Though I wonder if the two are related.....Xxpress and Speedorz ? :wink:

Three then. . . It looks like white cyristals from the power miners theme.

Ever thought that that is just an elemental symbol for a group or something? Speedorz definitely sound like it will have different colored groups of "whatever the Speedorz are," or just to speculate. However it wouldn't surprise if its Xxpres.s I've been waiting for an ice related theme since Alpha Team, so as you can guess, if Xxpress truly is real, I'm very excited.

Looking at the colors, and at the crystals, this might be a teaser for a licensed set. Aren't we expecting Lego sets based on the new Superman movie? is that almost the stylized Superman S seen through crystals ala the Fortress of Solitude? (assuming they use a similar aesthetic to the 1970's movies?)

Hi

I found this image on the back of the Lego Club Magazine.

Is it Speedorz or something else?

I had a look on the board and couldn't find any other new Lego themes.

Sorry if it has been featured before:

{pic}

If the image doesn't work it is here as well:

http://www.thebricklife.com/lego-2013-first-sneak-peek-image/

Cheers

Inger

Great teaser. I think it is of Polar Xxpress, though, and not Speedorz.

I hope you don't mind if I use it in my

, Inger. If you do, send me a PM. :classic: Edited by just2good

Between that icy poster and the Speedorz (laziest name ever lol), it's obvious the replacement for ninjago is going to be a hi-tech interplanetary ice sled racing theme. Rejoice!

I'd like a futuristic racing theme, how can you complain about a theme dedicated to cool cars, speeders, and rockets? (unless you hate space of course, you poor misguided fellow :) )

Great teaser. I think it is of Polar Xxpress, though, and not Speedorz. . .

I agree, the color blue seems Ice Blue, not what you would think would be a racing theme. But who knows?

It may not be a theme at all. It may be more of an event. I saw this sign up in the mall near the Lego store

legoracerresize.jpg

While it doesn't say "Speedorz" it does seem to be trending towards many of our thoughts on what the line might be.

It may not be a theme at all. It may be more of an event. I saw this sign up in the mall near the Lego store

While it doesn't say "Speedorz" it does seem to be trending towards many of our thoughts on what the line might be.

No,bro.That's Racers of 2011.

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images.

Great teaser. I think it is of Polar Xxpress, though, and not Speedorz.

I hope you don't mind if I use it in my

, Inger. If you do, send me a PM. :classic:

Cheers

No problems about using the scan, thanks for the link too...always nice :blush:

Cheers

Inger