just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Thanks grograll. I love the promo polybag. It's very nice and I hope it will be easy to obtain somehow apart from S@H promo.

I just realized- does Ewar have the same (minfig) head as Eglor? They share the orange lens pattern (goggles, I guess).

I just realized- does Ewar have the same (minfig) head as Eglor? They share the orange lens pattern (goggles, I guess).

I don't have either but it seems to me that they are similar but not exactly the same.

OK, first of all I have to say that I really did not like these sets, they are all different shapes and sizes and come with a silly game attached to a ridiculous background.

Annoyingly after buying the raven glider and finding that I still did not like them I found myself buying the smallest crocodile tank set, followed by the lion 4x4 vehicle and the Speedorz started set!! It is ridiculous, why am I having to buy these even though I told myself I do not like them? They don't even store neatly together being all odd shapes and sizes!

A couple of questions before I finally get sucked right into buying loads at the expense of my CITY and Train purchases.

1:- All these mini-figs have nice printed heads and then they have animal heads on top. Is the opinion that the mini-figs head is the actual head and they wear the animal mask as some kind of ritual helmet when in battle, or is the animal head actually the mini-figs proper head which if so begs the question why have they got detailed printed heads inside and not just animal mask heads in the same way that we get heads for aliens etc.

2:- What is all this about Gorillas? I can find no mention of them in the UK literature and no Gorilla related sets either on TLG shop t home website or in actual real toy shops..

3:- Has anyone worked out how to play the game yet and specifically how do you get them to jump the ramps rather then just push them across the floor in front of the speedorz?

OK, I really must look away from these pages. But thanks if anyone has the answers.

Ok I got the January 2013 Lego catalogue today and I looked at the Lion Chi Temple picture again and I think the third minifigure along is a new lion, I noticed that the chest printing has those straps the lions have on their chests and it looks like an upside down Y (similar to Lennox, but the top of his goes over his left shoulder whereas this one goes straight up.) And it doesn't look like those chest armour pieces either.

...A couple of questions before I finally get sucked right into buying loads at the expense of my CITY and Train purchases.

1:- All these mini-figs have nice printed heads and then they have animal heads on top. Is the opinion that the mini-figs head is the actual head and they wear the animal mask as some kind of ritual helmet when in battle, or is the animal head actually the mini-figs proper head which if so begs the question why have they got detailed printed heads inside and not just animal mask heads in the same way that we get heads for aliens etc.

2:- What is all this about Gorillas? I can find no mention of them in the UK literature and no Gorilla related sets either on TLG shop t home website or in actual real toy shops..

3:- Has anyone worked out how to play the game yet and specifically how do you get them to jump the ramps rather then just push them across the floor in front of the speedorz?

OK, I really must look away from these pages. But thanks if anyone has the answers.

1. I think the heads/masks were designed to allow for both options, plus it makes these minifigures more like the standard things. Maybe it's not too bad to have half a theme with molded heads, like Ninjago (and SW has a lot of molded heads), but an entire theme?

2. It was mentioned somewhere or another, and a few pages back there was a trailer which showed at least one Gorrila. You can check it out

3. I don't have Speedorz so I can't answer your question about the ramps, though maybe a playing on a slightly more textured floor (though I'm sure carpet wouldn't work) that would still let the Speedorz zoom byt not let the ramp be pushed around so easily would help? WhiteFang's review of the Ring of Fire and ISC's review of Jungle Gates both tell you how to play.

OK, first of all I have to say that I really did not like these sets, they are all different shapes and sizes and come with a silly game attached to a ridiculous background.

Annoyingly after buying the raven glider and finding that I still did not like them I found myself buying the smallest crocodile tank set, followed by the lion 4x4 vehicle and the Speedorz started set!! It is ridiculous, why am I having to buy these even though I told myself I do not like them? They don't even store neatly together being all odd shapes and sizes!

A couple of questions before I finally get sucked right into buying loads at the expense of my CITY and Train purchases.

1. The outside "helmets" are the heads.

2. They are an (as of yet) unreleased tribe, which will be featured in the TV show.

3. They have ripcords.

The reason they have two layers to their heads is that a) having two layers allows for more print colors, since otherwise TLG would need more machines to print multiple colors on each new head piece (this has been officially stated by Nabii, I think) and b) this way, they can have multiple expressions, unlike, say, the Serpentine from Ninjago.

There are no gorilla sets in the first half of the year as far as has been revealed. There will be at least one in the summer. An article in Toy News Magazine confirmed the existence of a gorilla tribe, as have some other media, and a gorilla character has appeared in a teaser for the TV show. It's really no different than the Anacondrai tribe of Serpentine from LEGO Ninjago, which was mentioned almost nowhere besides the TV show prior to the release of the summer 2012 sets and the sole member of the Anacondrai tribe, Pythor.

Presumably the tires of the Speedorz are big enough and have enough traction to go up the ramps without difficulty.

1. I think we get an actual minifig head so that if you don't like the molded head you can use the mini fig head and it will look close to the same. At least that's how I look at it.

2. The Gorillas are a sixth army that I believe are good. The rumor of the gorillas came from a source somewhere. In the summer of 2013 we'll get sets with Gorillas in them. You can see the preliminary pics of them on the previous page of this forum.

3. I do not own a speedorz set but check out one of the new reviews that have been posted on the frontage.

No Chima sets at the LEGO Store I work at in Massachusetts. However, I was assigned to take home Ninjago Garmatron and build it, so at least I got something out of my work day! I really want Ultimate Speedor Tournament...

No Chima sets at the LEGO Store I work at in Massachusetts. However, I was assigned to take home Ninjago Garmatron and build it, so at least I got something out of my work day! I really want Ultimate Speedor Tournament...

Are you slated for releasing your stock on the first like my local store? They have said multiple times that they have the sets, they just can't open them.

Are you slated for releasing your stock on the first like my local store? They have said multiple times that they have the sets, they just can't open them.

I think we might put them out on the first. I haven't asked anyone I work with, and I hardly go in the back room! I will ask on Wednesday. I am gonna see if I am able to take some sets home to build.

If my eyesight is good there should be a new gorilla in the Eglor set, three new gorillas in the Gorzan set, a new gorilla and a new wolf in the Worriz. Also there should be two new lions. a new eagle, a new croc and a new raven in the Lion chi temple. So the tribes should look like this:

Crocs: 6 members, Eagles: 6 members, Lions: 6 members, Ravens: 5 members, Gorillas: 5 members and Wolves: 5 members.

So in the croc set I am hoping for a new croc, a new Eagle and a new wolf.

I'm interested to see what the other gorillas look like. Hopefully some in other colors. :sweet:

I received another package from Target.com, this time with the Ring of Fire set and Target Practice set! As much as I disliked Chima, I'm really starting to love these Speedorz sets. I wanna get them all now! :grin:

Anyway, here's my video review of the two sets!

The play feature for the Eagle one is weird. It's hard to get the Speedorz on the plate part, so it barely works. And, in the other set, it's hard to get the Speedorz through the ring. But attempting is super fun!

I received another package from Target.com, this time with the Ring of Fire set and Target Practice set! As much as I disliked Chima, I'm really starting to love these Speedorz sets. I wanna get them all now! :grin:

Anyway, here's my video review of the two sets!

*snip* *snip *

The play feature for the Eagle one is weird. It's hard to get the Speedorz on the plate part, so it barely works. And, in the other set, it's hard to get the Speedorz through the ring. But attempting is super fun!

Nice reviews, happy birthday, hope you got all the lego you wanted :classic:

I spotted a starterpack (Blokker, Zoetermeer) with 2 figures and small build. One off the Lions were in it.

I spotted a starterpack (Blokker, Zoetermeer) with 2 figures and small build. One off the Lions were in it.

I suppose you mean the Starter Set, with Wakz (wolf) and Longtooth (lion)?

Lucky you. I wish I could find a job where I was assigned to take sets home and build them.

Neither the game aspect nor the speedorz themselves interest me. I like the direction they're taking with the sets, especially Eris' Eagle Interceptor and Razar's Raider. as I've mentioned before, I wish the rest of the line had taken more of a mech direction as well, basically LEGO Zoids, if you will.

I hold out hope that when the Gorrilla sets are released, we'll get a gorilla mech inspired by Mark Stafford's attempt to marry Fabuland and Exo-Force: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nabii/4642490395/in/photostream I think this design could be repurposed pretty much as-is.

OK, I bought another of the Speedorz sets today, the eagle one. Again it is basically fun to build and set up and i have tried the speedorz a few times. The trouble I am finding though, as I said previously that the speedorz hits the ramp and simply pushes it along the floor in front of it rather than going up it and jumping. I have tried on a flat wooden floor as well as a carpeted one with the same result on both the only difference being that on the carpet the speedorz and ramp came to rest a lot quicker than on the wooden floor. Maybe the ramps need to be grounded on some sort of baseplate for them to have enough friction for the speedorz to actually go up and over them rather tham simply push them along like a large snowplough out in front. At least with a big ramp in the front it is pretty hard to not knock anything over.

One thing I wanted to ask as well, why is it people are assuming the Crocodiles, Ravens are bad guys and the Lions and Eagles are good guys? I have read all the leaflets and the stuff that comes with the sets and it does not seem to say that anywhere. The only thing I could find in a write up about the crocodile ship is that they are allied to the raven faction. It seems to me that lions and eagles can be just as if not on occasion more than fierce and terrible as crocodiles and certainly a lot more than ravens. I just got the image that thy are simply different factions with no clear good or bad guy, just down to individual preference I could have missed it somewhere but have double checked the booklets and information i have to be on the safe side before asking?

Edited by Hrw-Amen