just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

My son was given 70002 for his 10th birthday yesterday - went out and bought himself 70000 and 70001 today - we now have full on warfare in the front room! He is desperate to add a Gorilla and Eris interceptor.

I have to say how impressed I was with the quality of the models and variety of parts - quite tempted myself now. Thanks for the pictures of the upcoming sets - we will be geting the Gorilla and Fox Speedorz for certain.

Uh, please excuse me if this has been posted before, but this video was just uploaded to LEGO's official channel (it's been on the channel of the dance group for about a month now)...

... what.

I don't even know what thread that belongs in! That video has to be the weirdest marketing move by LEGO. What the...

http://patmancrew.co...ilmy-video.html

Their website seems to show that this video has started a partnership with LEGO. *huh* The video ends with "To be continued..." so I think we'll be seeing more of this. It also seems to be pretty successful on their channel, with 58 likes and 2 dislikes at the moment, while the video LEGO uploaded has 22 likes and 32 dislikes. Huh.

So Rawzom gets a new headgear? Looks very cool, though the unprinted beak is odd.

My complain with Rawzom is that he looked too "noble", he looks more like a proper leader of thieves now.

Their website seems to show that this video has started a partnership with LEGO. *huh* The video ends with "To be continued..." so I think we'll be seeing more of this. It also seems to be pretty successful on their channel, with 58 likes and 2 dislikes at the moment, while the video LEGO uploaded has 22 likes and 32 dislikes. Huh.

Interpretive/contemporary dance is a bit of an acquired taste. Most people who look at the dance group's YouTube channel are probably adults or moderately interested in what they do, and therefore might like it. The majority of people who look at LEGO's channel are probably kids or 12-year-olds; I think it's pretty unlikely that your average kid would dig this kind of stuff.

Personally, I think it was very weird, though that's how that type of dance always is. It's very odd that LEGO put this on their channel, and I too wonder how involved LEGO is with it.

So Rawzom gets a new headgear? Looks very cool, though the unprinted beak is odd.

My complain with Rawzom is that he looked too "noble", he looks more like a proper leader of thieves now.

I'm not entirely sure if the head piece will get new printing myself. It DOES look different in that picture, with the gold being almost yellow however in many existing images of Rawzom it looks like he has no beak printing, so it might just be that one image.

I'm pretty sure that version of Rawzom is the same except for his armor, the colors are just brighter in the CG than compared to the actual figure, same with his appearance on Lego's website. He doesn't have beak printing on the current minifigure either.

Edited by Speedza-Demon

It still looks different to me, Cragger's Boat Rawzom's headgear isn't quite as bright and detailed as his Sky Joust version.

I'm confused, though. In that picture I posted, his helmet/crown has a scales pattern and no ruby in the forehead area (unlike Sky Joust Rawzom), but his headgear looks different here.

I don't have the minifig, so there's obviously something I'm missing out.

Just watched the two first episodes .. Chi = Bugpowder dust

Awfull cartoon, doesn't hold a candle to Ninjago (son agress, btw) Can't believe TLG blew that much money on development and promotion (I've heards 300mill USD) on this junk :devil:

I just received (as part of my May the 4th be with you order) a "free trial" of Chima, specifically 70113 Chi Battles. Very classy LEGO!

Wait, what? Did I miss something? That seems really cool! Was there a letter or something? :classic:

Uh, please excuse me if this has been posted before, but this video was just uploaded to LEGO's official channel (it's been on the channel of the dance group for about a month now)...

... what.

Soooo... The Chi is in fact some sort of hallucinogenic narcotic? Cause I'm thinking there's a bit of a "bad trip" going on there somewhere?

Soooo... The Chi is in fact some sort of hallucinogenic narcotic? Cause I'm thinking there's a bit of a "bad trip" going on there somewhere?

Chi is an addictive drug. :tongue:

-Sci

About the interpretive dance thingy... What the Blok did I just watch!

And to answer all the trouble with Rawzom's crown, based on the image from Sky Joust and the Minifigure I have, there is no difference but the shoulder armor.

Yes, chi = bugpowder dust = narcotic drug .. Kidfriendly show? :wacko:

Edited by 1974

... what.

Wow, I actually find that pretty awesome. Granted, the narration at the beginning was grammatically somewhat broken, and the voice alteration felt awkward beyond belief.The dance was a bit weird but it did a decent job telling a story, and the characters were well-choreographed. Not much extremely fancy footwork but still a neat performance. What really blew me away, though, were the costumes and props. Those costumes were incredibly faithful to the character designs, and the use of blue candles as a CHI crystal was pretty innovative.

For some reason Chi kind of reminds me of catnip. Yes, I did just compare it to catnip. In a weird way it makes sense, as catnip is more or less the exact feline equivalent of drugs.

Anyway, with that weirdness over, let me ask the question of how LEGO hasn't received a pile of complaints two miles tall about the content of the show.

It's to dumbed down to even bother sending a message. That is not the same as sending a letter to Lego complaining about the sound problems on the Season 2 DVDs of Ninjago. The latter is much, much more important. :sadnew:

It's to dumbed down to even bother sending a message. That is not the same as sending a letter to Lego complaining about the sound problems on the Season 2 DVDs of Ninjago. The latter is much, much more important. :sadnew:

I don't think it would be a bad idea to let Lego know what you think of the Chima show. However, it's not like there's an easy fix (short of possibly replacing the writers), whereas the sound issues with the Ninjago DVD ought to be a relatively easy fix. But this is all getting a little off topic, since there's other topics for both the Ninjago and Chima TV shows.

More on topic, as nice as the recent hi-res pics we got of the summer Chima sets are, I can't wait until we get some alternate views. There's so much complexity in all of them that a single box pic and a single out-of-box pic don't really do them justice.