just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Wow, that's one interesting video! Lots of prelim figures, though. Or are they? Check at about 1:42. What's that game? Looks a lot like lego universe. :look:

It IS old news. But it's the Chima MMOG coming out in a few months.

And no, I don't think there's an English version.

-Sci

I can see some interesting MOCs with Skinnet being published a year from yesterday.

? :look:

-Sci

Mark Stafford (Nabii) posted this lovely prototype of 70003 to Flickr. Great design, even though the final design does improve on it in some ways. I definitely feel those prototype wings feel a lot more substantial than the final set's wings which use that mechanical "feather" piece, though of course I'm grateful the mechanical feather piece came out since it's a useful part for Hero Factory builds, as the CHI Eris and CHI Razar constraction sets demonstrate.

Mark Stafford (Nabii) posted this lovely prototype of 70003 to Flickr. Great design, even though the final design does improve on it in some ways. I definitely feel those prototype wings feel a lot more substantial than the final set's wings which use that mechanical "feather" piece, though of course I'm grateful the mechanical feather piece came out since it's a useful part for Hero Factory builds, as the CHI Eris and CHI Razar constraction sets demonstrate.

I'm happy it changed colors. I like the legs on this more. Looks very steampunk-esque.

-Sci

I prefer the prototype over the final design, very much so, but I can see why they had to change it. Just too complex a set for that price point.

And no, I don't think there's an English version.

-Sci

Then why is all (or most) of the text in that video all in the English Language and none of it in Russian? :look: I'm asking this because, why would someone make a video with the dialogue in Russian and the text in English, especially when this video clearly is an official LEGO video that is promoting the Legends

of Chima theme? :wacko::look:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Anyone notice how bad the newer event costumes have become?

First this (Nuremberg Toy Fair):

8405312786_ecfe6c84b2_b.jpg

Though Cragger's cut eye is missing, it was still pretty good.

Then this (Chima 4D Premire):

LavalCostume1.png

Then this... (Idk where):

LavalCostume2.png

CraggerCostume.png

:sick:

-Sci

Anyone notice how bad the newer event costumes have become?

First this (Nuremberg Toy Fair):

8405312786_ecfe6c84b2_b.jpg

Though Cragger's cut eye is missing, it was still pretty good.

Then this (Chima 4D Premire):

LavalCostume1.png

Then this... (Idk where):

LavalCostume2.png

CraggerCostume.png

:sick:

-Sci

The first two costumes at the Nuremberg Toy Fair look cute :wub: but not too childish-type of cuteness there :thumbup:, whereas the following costumes of Laval look way too childish-looking and weird-looking there, especially the first one of him that is right below the Nuremberg Toy Fair picture of the costume of him! :sick::thumbdown:, so what the hell happened there?! :wacko::angry: (could it be that North American versions of his costume are "dumbed down" and made more childish-looking there to cater to the North American children? :look::shrug_confused:). However, Cragger doesn't look too bad in the last picture (at least in the angle in which the picture was taken in there), as he is supposed to have only one good eye :enough: even though he looks just as good with two good eyes like in the costume of him at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. [by the way, this reminds me that I would like to have a costume of Cragger (which would be something like the Nuremberg Toy Fair one) in an adult size that fits me comfortably there, so I can dress up as him on Halloween night and/or at Halloween parties :grin_wub:, even though this might be wishful thinking of me here in being able to find one. :cry_sad:]

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Oh, yes. The bottom three would be wonderful at Birthday parties, or hiding in a little kid's closet until they're asleep...

I will have to agree with GCF, though. The first ones are adorable, and also (obviously) the best.

What does everyone think of my new signature, as it is related to the Legends of Chima theme?

A bit excessive. A little over the top. :sceptic:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

A bit excessive. A little over the top. :sceptic:

Plus, I don't like Cragger.

-Sci

Well, it is over the top, I'm fine with him expressing how he feels about the show, but he really just went into overkill mode. I have no problem with Cragger, but almost a HUNDRED posts about how hes portrayed in the show is obsessive. I won't lie, I talk about the Eagles, and I care about them, but I have other interests as well.

Overall, I'm fine, as long as the big, fat, signature is removed.

Edited by krystalKING

What does everyone think of my new signature, as it is related to the Legends of Chima theme?

Over the top. Isn't your post history enough?

The LEGO Club has a lovely interview with some of the creators of the TV show: Tommy Andreasen (misspelled as "Anderson") and John Derevlany, the script writer. There's some neat concept art as well as development info (the working title for the original Chima pitch was "Animal Kingdom"). Also mention of "BIG plans for Eris"; not sure what exactly that entails since she's had a fairly minor role in the show so far. Part two of the interview is forthcoming.

A 100 page story Bible! Those script writers better start tightening the reigns on the kiddie-jokes. If they plan to tell a story to that length, we may just have a competitor for longest Original Lego Story.

I'm curious if the map room map (shown on the last image of the interview) is going to be the same one used in the new MMO...

So it seems the Lego Chima game is cancelled, along with the other upcoming Lego Games. Drats. :(

So it seems the Lego Chima game is cancelled, along with the other upcoming Lego Games. Drats. :(

No baby Craggers? :<

Edited by Lordofdragonss

No baby Craggers? :<

It's unconfirmed however, the source is just some Lego blog. So you might get baby Craggers. :drool: