just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I've been rather underwhelmed by the Chima sets I've gotten, but I adore that gorilla mech. I'll certainly be getting that.

There are 3 other Chima polybags:

Razcal's Double Crosser (Razcal in small buggy)

Crug's swamp Jet (Crug in small boat)

Crawley (Crawley with gun)

Which newspaper and where can one get them?

In the US those polys have yet to be released. Typically they are sold as is, not in a newspaper.

It wasn't the beavers that really caught my eye. It was the kids that were aboard the plane chariot thingy. It was Plomar, Skinnet, Furty, G'loona, and an (as of yet) unnamed wolf! I wonder why the decision was made to make Skinnet and Furty taller in the sets, and leave G'loona short.

Also if you look behind Cragger and Laval while they race on their Speedorz, you'll see the Eagle Castle (set). Here's hoping the CHI Raider and the Ultra Striker will appear in the show.

Skinner and Furty have tail pieces. If they had short legs, the tail would (a be too low, or (b be crazily long for the figure.

You're right. I was just really impressed that they barely had any boxes marked preliminary, which is a huge step up from the last four years (as long as I can remember watching the Toy Fair). But, of course, they screwed up on a final box. :grin:

These days it's harder to count on a box being finalized even if it lacks a watermark of any kind. I recall at last year's Toy Fair the box for Epic Dragon Battle was still not finalized. The set images were all correct as far as I remember, but it had a big QR code in the lower right-hand corner, something that was absent from the final packaging.

Kind of disappointed with how Skinnet and Furty's tails are constructed. I think a hip bracket would have been more effective than a neck bracket. But for some reason TLG doesn't use hip brackets all that often, which is a real shame. This is the kind of piece they'd be ideal for.

Edited by Aanchir

I'm not the best at photoshopping. :tongue: I made these two to see how the tails would look if they were "connected" to the hip area:

FurtyTail.png

SkinnetTail1.png

Thoughts?

-Sci

I'm not the best at photoshopping. :tongue: I made these two to see how the tails would look if they were "connected" to the hip area:

'Snip'

Thoughts?

-Sci

Looks much better, better than my Photoshop skills. :wink:

Edited by Jackattack7

Are we not going to get detailed pictures of these sets from FBTB? We've had pictures from them for most other themes but not this one as of yet. Oh well, it's not that bad as I have already decided what sets I want and what sets I don't thanks to Nuremberg.

Bring on Summer 2013!

Are we not going to get detailed pictures of these sets from FBTB? We've had pictures from them for most other themes but not this one as of yet. Oh well, it's not that bad as I have already decided what sets I want and what sets I don't thanks to Nuremberg.

Bring on Summer 2013!

They've just started to upload them to their flickr. :wink:

They've just started to upload them to their flickr. :wink:

As I have noticed. The pictures give different views of what we have already seen a lot of. My opinions haven't really changed on anything coming from this line. Mind you, I didn't expect my opinions to change.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

I am intrigued by the new Chima line. It reminds me of the old (and newer) Tomy Zoids toys, which I love and have a small colletion of favorites. I guess I'm more interested in dinosaur or insect looking mecha type vehicles as opposed to lion or wolf type, but I am definitely interested in the theme overall.

I finally got my hands on one of the Spring 2013 Speedorz sets! It's the Jungle Gates set, and it sure is disappointing... :sad:

It's nice to see that the has a different Power-up. Unique cards were a worry for me. The Jungle gates is actually a very good Castle Theme parts pack. I won't be getting multiples, however, due to my plans in Lego spending this year.

Also the wheels on the Power-up were around at the earliest in 2003 if not earlier. Nice review.

Edited by Penkid11

Also the wheels on the Power-up were around at the earliest in 2003 if not earlier. Nice review.

Oh, well I never noticed 'em before. Thanks for the compliments! :classic:

IMO Chima theme looks totally childish and naive. Sorry for that but that's my point of view. I don't get that theme. But I would love to have all these sets just for MOCs :3 They would be awesome.

IMO Chima theme looks totally childish and naive. Sorry for that but that's my point of view. I don't get that theme. But I would love to have all these sets just for MOCs :3 They would be awesome.

Haha, all themes look like that silly Makuta Assasin. :)

So. I don't get these speaking human-like animals :D

Really? You must not watch a lot of Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny cartoons. :tongue:

There's a story reason for why the animals of Chima developed the way they did (it's related to the power of CHI or something), but in general it's not like it's something that really needs much explanation, since anthropomorphic talking animals have been a staple of cartoons for decades. Overall the story is something like Thundercats meets Kung Fu Panda meets James Cameron's Avatar, so it has a sort of a precarious balance between dense mythology and silly, lighthearted fun. But then, that still renders it more accessible than BIONICLE usually was, since that theme tended to lean heavily towards the "dense mythology" side of things.

Edited by Aanchir

/\ I don't get it either, but it's apparently very popular amongst most AFOLs, most deciding to go against the "cute look" of most DUPLO figures and making it slightly disturbing.

It's not just that they're cute animals. It's that they're cute animals kicking the snot out of each other. :excited:

Edited by Jargo

No AFOL understands Fabuland until someone puts a gun in the Fabu-fig's hands...

I see nothing cute about Chima... I'm glad, as I think that would hamper down the action... Panda's are an exception, however. They can be cute and lethal. They are just that epic.