just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

nope. it will look more like the lizard man/godzilla from the CMF series, i.e. molded croc-shape headgear over regular mf head.

That sounds pretty cool. :thumbup: Maybe we'll be able to make a whole group of "suit-guys" once this is out. . . :laugh:

That sounds pretty cool. :thumbup: Maybe we'll be able to make a whole group of "suit-guys" once this is out. . . :laugh:

i think it's the popularity of the animal suit guys from the cmf which prompted this new theme. pure speculation though. but entirely possible.

some of the animal suit cmf figures are holding up very well in the secondary market.

plus in the suggestion thread, we've been asking for things like wolf head guy, lion head guy, etc... well, what do you see in chima? :laugh::tongue:

expect lots of customization of the parts into thundercats figures! :sick::hmpf::laugh:

Seeing as recent animal minifigures from the CMFs and Monster Fighters have been pretty much awesome, I'm going to bet on the Chima ones being stupendous and magnificent!

Indeed. :3

I just hope most of them don't have headgear like that lion figure. It looks great, but I'd prefer more general purpose animal heads.

i think it's the popularity of the animal suit guys from the cmf which prompted this new theme. pure speculation though. but entirely possible.

some of the animal suit cmf figures are holding up very well in the secondary market.

plus in the suggestion thread, we've been asking for things like wolf head guy, lion head guy, etc... well, what do you see in chima? :laugh::tongue:

expect lots of customization of the parts into thundercats figures! :sick::hmpf::laugh:

Yeah, I bet the theme idea has something to do with that. There have been CMFs forshadowing lots of themes so far - it's just hard to tell which CMF will get it's own theme. . . :grin:

Yes, but their mouths would need to be long and that would cause balancing issues. Knowing Lego their solution will be using a printed headpiece. :hmpf_bad:

Yes, but their mouths would need to be long and that would cause balancing issues. Knowing Lego their solution will be using a printed headpiece. :hmpf_bad:

Or they could do something like Bytar's headpiece; a head with a good bit of plastic going down the back as well. :wink:

Or they could do something like Bytar's headpiece; a head with a good bit of plastic going down the back as well. :wink:

I agree, the Crocs will likely bear some semblance to the Serpentine of Ninjago. I would like a printed headpiece too, but I don't think they'll go that route.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

A little bit off topic:

Hey! weren't there some very strict criteria about what a preliminary image is??

I accept TLG asking for them to be removed but the one's I posted didn't have any water mark on it...the size doesn't matter!!

What happened to eurobricks? o.O

Please note, i've been a member since 2005...and have brought reliable info before to these forums...

Edited by gusmoore17

I sure hope. :tongue: Let's hope they're not like the horrible minifig head Serpentines.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I sure hope. :tongue: Let's hope they're not like the horrible minifig head Serpentines.

Yeah, I didn't really like those too much either. Actually, I was trying to suggest more of a mask going down the back of his hat - but anyway I really don't think TLG would just print aligator teeth or whatever on a head when the image we got clearly has a mask (or something) on top.

Seeing as recent animal minifigures from the CMFs and Monster Fighters have been pretty much awesome, I'm going to bet on the Chima ones being stupendous and magnificent!

Almost all ninjago snake heads had a chunk of plastics going down the back, making it impossible to use any armor except pauldrons and hard-to-find breastplate (and who has more then one or two of them?:)

The whole point of lego should be combining different elements from different sets and themes into one play, one moc. They seem to be forgetting that - just look at Legolas hair - no place for quiver even! And it is not impossible, look at cheerleader's hair from CM1, she had a beautiful hair which can fit 90% of armor.

So, I do hope heads will be great, but I also do hope the will be "Lego-compatible" for variety of minifig customizing

And just on a side note "breastplate" is the ONLY armor Lego made (20 years ago) that goes just on the front. (made for pirates, only in chrome silver)

Yeah, I didn't really like those too much either. Actually, I was trying to suggest more of a mask going down the back of his hat - but anyway I really don't think TLG would just print aligator teeth or whatever on a head when the image we got clearly has a mask (or something) on top.

I've never seen a image with a croc figure. Did I miss a image? Or are you talking about the tiny images?

70104 Jungle Gates

70105 nest jump

70115 Ultimate Tournament

Edited by nrg

70104 Jungle Gates

70105 nest jump

70115 Ultimate Tournament

LEGO 70106 Speedorz Ijstoren

And just on a side note "breastplate" is the ONLY armor Lego made (20 years ago) that goes just on the front. (made for pirates, only in chrome silver)

not true. there's also the blacksmith apron or cape that is one-sided. you can use that as an apron or a cape.

4524.gif

you also have the old and new life vests which are one-sided also.

2610.gif

97895.jpg

not true. there's also the blacksmith apron or cape that is one-sided. you can use that as an apron or a cape.

4524.gif

you also have the old and new life vests which are one-sided also.

2610.gif

97895.jpg

The apron/cape can only be used as an apron on the Serpintine.

The old Life preserver has tongue hanging out the back so that doesn't work either.

To get back on topic, has anyone seen any non-preliminary pictures?

Edited by Penkid11

LEGO 70106 Speedorz Ijstoren

Dutch translation for Ijstoren is ICE TOWER.

I would say Chima, Speedorz and Polar XXpress are all part of the same theme. :wink:

The apron/cape can only be used as an apron on the Serpintine.

The old Life preserver has tongue hanging out the back so that doesn't work either.

To get back on topic, has anyone seen any non-preliminary pictures?

I don't think Natelite was referring to these pictures in relation to the Serpentine, more as a response to Angeli writing that the breastplate was the only armour to only go on one side of the minifig. That said, I initially thought of the death postponers as well, but it occured to me that Angeli was only talking about armour. =)

I've never seen a image with a croc figure. Did I miss a image? Or are you talking about the tiny images?

I wasn't talking about a crocodile image, just about the minifig we saw on the fromt of the book cover. :classic:

I'm glad to know we're getting more confusion about Polar Xxpress. The ice tower sounds awesome though.

So far I am not liking what I'm seeing, are those bikes not built? looks like its own huge mold/stuff.

Lookign forward to seeing if this theme gets any cool pieces reusable by other themes.

Exactly what I was thinking.

~The_Creator