just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Where are those crystals actually on the sets?

They look more like a "gaming currency" to me.

Interesting. That fig looks like he will be the king of the feline faction.

I'm sure it's just a made up word like Ninjago: a meaningful word from Eastern culture combined with a random syllable to create a cool-sounding new word. I wouldn't read too much into this.

That would make the most sense I suppose.

I have to say I'm not too excited about the figures, but they could have some very interesting possibilities in terms of creativity.

That would make the most sense I suppose.

I have to say I'm not too excited about the figures, but they could have some very interesting possibilities in terms of creativity.

Agreed on this point. Depending on what animal head designs there are, buyers could create new minifigures for themes like Pharaoh's Quest mimicking different Egyptian deities, create new aliens to populate a Space Police display, or (and depending on the designs, some people may want to remove some of the printing for this) create grotesques to decorate a Gothic/medieval fantasy castle or church.

On another note, since we've heard that the vehicles will generally have animal motifs, I wonder if we'll see any buildings with animal motifs like in the early Knights' Kingdom concepts. While a lot of people hated the unrealistic touches in that theme, I personally love some of the ideas that didn't make it on account of being too science-fantasy for the eventual theme the designers settled on.

Edited by Aanchir

I'm hoping the Hero-Factoryish Figures are brick-built (at least partially) more like the old Knights Kingdom figs instead of like Bionicle. And hopefully their faces look good! :laugh:

That would be rather awkward. pieces with System studs couldn't really fit well with Hero Factory pieces. At least, not in a set.

I do hope the HF system sets have some nice new parts though. They'll need them too, or else those furballs will just look like robots. :P

That would be rather awkward. pieces with System studs couldn't really fit well with Hero Factory pieces. At least, not in a set.

I do hope the HF system sets have some nice new parts though. They'll need them too, or else those furballs will just look like robots. :P

I don't know; it could definitely be cool to have more styles of ball-joint-to-stud connector bricks in the spirit of these, these, and these. One of the things I love about Hero Factory's building system is that a lot of the parts are stylistically similar to System parts (lots of smooth, shiny surfaces), and I'd love to see more functional integration of those parts into System-based building, even if it takes some new part designs to manage it. At the same time, though, I think a System-based mecha theme would be better-suited to "bridge the gap" between the two building styles than a theme like this where the System-scale figures and constraction-scale figures are (presumably) completely independent of one another.

I have to say that LoC is now near the top of my interested in list of 2013 Themes... Can't wait to see more pictures.

I don't know; it could definitely be cool to have more styles of ball-joint-to-stud connector bricks in the spirit of these, these, and these. One of the things I love about Hero Factory's building system is that a lot of the parts are stylistically similar to System parts (lots of smooth, shiny surfaces), and I'd love to see more functional integration of those parts into System-based building, even if it takes some new part designs to manage it. At the same time, though, I think a System-based mecha theme would be better-suited to "bridge the gap" between the two building styles than a theme like this where the System-scale figures and constraction-scale figures are (presumably) completely independent of one another.

Fair point. It actually would bed nice to have some HF skeleton pieces what are compatible with system (kinda like the parts you posted but I'd hope for something thinner). Though at the same time I'm not sure what benefit they would have over regular armor pieces in a normal-sized set. It'd be great to have for adding extra details, but that kind of detail rarely seen in sets at the expected price range.

I think that for the action figure part of the theme we´ll see a special "furry" cladding add-on.

zidane from lug skockani posted this (notice lower right corner) and this IS official photo (I still do not like you, TLG:)

51vaXsJPUkL._SS500_.jpg

Edit: aghhhh, I see now you've been talking about this for a day and a half :) Anyway, I LOVE the new armor ;) gogogo drugari, show us more, and TLG PLEASE, made them compatible with your other armor and headgear, and I promise, I will not speak badly about you again ;) And remove all the prelim pics and teach my children to do the same :)

I am pretty sure that somewhere next year I will see in our living room those Chima creatures, backed up by some CM monsters, defend their home planet against an invading Clone trooper army led by Darth Vader riding a dinosaur. Run them over with their cool bikes... and probably win the battle too. Liberating a Friends princess captured by Lord Garmadon on the go

ahahah I know the feeling ;) bravo ;)

another Edit:

So if I took a picture of you naked, I could share it as I wanted to because I took the picture and not you? :laugh::wink:

Anyways, I kinda like the supposed Chima fig on that book :wub:

and tomorrow paper will write about lego reps taking nude pictures of community members :)

On a lighter note, I do not care what will this theme will be about - I love to combine all the Lego together ;) And I love surprises, but I also love to look forward for good things, so, tell, do not tell, we will be happy in both ways, because, THIS IS LEGO :)

Edited by Angeli

zidane from lug skockani posted this (notice lower right corner) and this IS official photo (I still do not like you, TLG:)

We've been talking about this for a while.

-Sci

Edited by Ricecracker
Please do not quote images

According to one of DK's websites....publishing date is 24th of November, but stores won't have these books on shelves till the 24th of December....in any case Lego must come clean before that date other wise they'll be wearing egg on their faces.

I think that for the action figure part of the theme we´ll see a special "furry" cladding add-on.

That's what I'm hoping for. Or at least a more organic torso piece.

Then again, the current chest has perfect connection points for the types of body armor on the figures, so it might still work.

According to one of DK's websites....publishing date is 24th of November, but stores won't have these books on shelves till the 24th of December....in any case Lego must come clean before that date other wise they'll be wearing egg on their faces.

LEGO usually puts out press releases for new lines well before then, so this book shouldn't conflict with that.

As pointed out by another fan previously, "Chi" could mean "life force" which makes it meaningful, but not "Chima". "Ma" can be the Chinese pronounciation of either horse, mother, hemp, or scolding, etc., but none of these words make sense when combining with "Chi".

Well, it could be that you're intended to pronounce it as you would in pinyin, which would mean the title is: "Eat Horse." It makes total sense because both tigers and wolves would eat horses. :sweet: Or perhaps, assuming it's not pronounced "chi" but "xi," then it could be like, "Got xi?" Maybe it's Maori. :sceptic: Maybe Chima's the main character that is a horse? :tongue:

As far as the name goes, I agree with the Energy ("xi") Horse theory to describe the bikes.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

very small pic, but a pic without the confidencial water mark on it...oh yes, four sets and those crystall things...still wanting to see more to make a more clear statement on this sets

Edited by LuxorV
Link removed.

very small pic, but a pic without the confidencial water mark on it...oh yes, four sets and those crystall things...still wanting to see more to make a more clear statement on this sets

:oh: Neat! That green thing looks cool.

EDIT: Hold up. Is that a "Hawkman" I see?

-Sci

Edited by LuxorV
Deeplink removed.

Thanks for the pic! Funny how all these pics start popping up now...

I see 7 set boxes, and the depicted sets seem to be a lion tank (which looks very similar to the Mobile Defense Tank from Exo Force), some kind of truck (also with a missile launcher), and a vertical take-off aircraft with a base of some sort to go with it.

These animals mean business! :laugh:

Hold up. Is that a "Hawkman" I see?

Yes, some kind of bird anyway. The original rumors did mention eagles.

Thanks for the pic! Funny how all these pics start popping up now...

I see 7 set boxes, and the depicted sets seem to be a lion tank (which looks very similar to the Mobile Defense Tank from Exo Force), some kind of truck (also with a missile launcher), and a vertical take-off aircraft with a base of some sort to go with it.

These animals mean business! :laugh:

If you look to the left Of the monster truck looking set, it looks like some sort of bird minifig with white wings :classic:

Holy heck, Tiger Tank!

Too bad it's too small to see anything else.

I'm not quire sure if there's a hawk in there but there's definitely some kind of avian. C: Or just something with really huge ears.

Edited by LuxorV

You people must have amazing eyesight or really clear monitors.

I can barely see the pictures as they are, but I can make out the other two playsets. One looks like a sort of trebuchet, and the other is definitely a helicopter.

Really can't see the minifigures though. :( Why must they be so smaaaaall.

From what little you can see through the blur, the White Tiger monster truck looks pretty interesting. It looks like the classis spring firing missiles factor in as well. I'm not sure how I feel on that. While they certainly work better than the ffm's, they are always so ugly, and much harder to simply rip off he model.

Again, I removed links and deeplinks. Please do not link to preliminary images. And those where preliminary, from the look of them low res scans or photos of retailer catalogues or the set shots on the back of another set.

I hope you understand our stance and will help us by following this rule for the time being. Thank you. :classic: