solta

MOC: small yacht

indexed.gif V-W-05D

Here is a small yacht or a big speedboat.

It is really not that complex composed, but still solid enough not to crash in child hands. The roof is easily removable. It lies on four studs. The cover over sleeping area lies on six studs. Therefore it allows you to have quick access to the interior. Simple solution is also opening the glass sliding doors in the rear of the yacht.

01.jpg

Data in more detail:

- length: 31 studs

- width: 10 studs

- anchor "bruce", hanging on the front of the vessel

- minimum three night lights

- easily removable roof

- the front cover of sleeping area easily removable

- management of the yacht is possible from the cab or from the command bridge

- at the rear there is a swimming platform

- on the swimming platform is a water scooter

- inside is a mini kitchen with sink and cooker

- outside under the command bridge there is a table and a longer seat

- there is a light over the table to sit around in the evenings

- in the sleeping area below deck there is a larger double bed

- on the command bridge under the spoiler is a small radar

02.jpg

Interior with sliding doors

04.jpg

Sleeping area

06.jpg

Water scooter

05.jpg

Anchoring

03.jpg

Sorry for my English.

Cool pleasure craft 'solta', I really like the interior detailing....sleeping area, stove and sink ! :thumbup:

Brick On ! :grin:

I really like this - it's pretty much exactly how I wish Lego's official boats looked. I can understand why they returned to floating hulls, but the brick-built ones, like this, look so much better. And the fact that it even has an interior makes it even better. Well done - we don't see too many boats in this forum, but if they're going to be this good when they show up, I can wait a while between each one :)

Nice! :thumbup: I especially like the white strip around the side of the boat, it's a very good touch.

Well done, Solta. You're really mastering your vehicles. The boat looks great on the outside, and the interiors is fantastic - all that one needs on a yacht in a small place. :thumbup:

Great cabin cruiser solta! A sleek design and nice color scheme, I really the addition of the wave runner! Keep up the fantastic builds default_classic.gif

The side windows are great and with the seedo it is really complete. It only miss some fishs and a sunny afternoon.

That's a very nice boat! I wouldn't mind owning one like that in real life. Do you remember what set the bow pieces are from? They seem too narrow to be from those great harbor sets of the early 90s. Also, I like the way you made a sliding glass door. For how common sliding doors are in real life, there are few examples in Lego models. Your model is much better than that fishing boat Lego recently released. And your english is very good too.

I really like this - it's pretty much exactly how I wish Lego's official boats looked.

Funny, that's the first thing I thought too.

Great job! Seeing this makes me want to build a boat!

Thank you all for your replies.

I also forgot to mention that the glass panels for side windows are attached on the bottom of the roof. So when you remove the roof, you also remove the glass. That's why it is easier to access the interior when the roof is off.

Do you remember what set the bow pieces are from? They seem too narrow to be from those great harbor sets of the early 90s...

I bought all the pieces on BrickLink. On one piece there was a sticker with name DIANA. I saw that name on boat in set 6541.

I really Love the Sliding glass door feature, for some reason I never thought of simply building the door into the floor. Would you mind if I featured the door on my website/blog LegoDesignLab.com?

Very nice cruiser. My first thought was just another set, but the more you look the more details you see. Great work I always like to see MOCs without wheels.

Brendan

Thanks again everyone for comments.

Would you mind if I featured the door on my website/blog LegoDesignLab.com?

I don't mind. You can use it on your website.