Sandy

Heroica RPG - Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

"Change of plans: I'll take the Magic Carp, Master Unth'or, take the Phoenix, Master Emorith, take a Rainbow Frog. Master Rone, swap out the Aqua Gear for the Loaded Die. Master Unth'or, you're going to have to take two Free Hits."

"Docken, I already favor Aquatic enemies; do you think I should target the frog?"

"Docken, I already favor Aquatic enemies; do you think I should target the frog?"

"Sounds good. The difference of 1 SP between yourself and Master Emorith won't be a huge difference against the Phoenix, anyways."

"Must. Have. Wand." :wub_drool: Althior fires a Wind Spell at Frog A from the back row.

"Althior, stop thinking about material items and focus on the Phoenix! We are going to switch targets this round," Xander says as he attacks Frog B from the back row.

"But it's shiny!" :sweet:

"Well said! Fine, if you insist..." Althior lets the wind die off before sending a shard of Earth towards the Phoenix from the back row.

"Master Emorith, Earth doesn't affect Flying monsters, and the Phoenix is Fiery and Flying. Use Water, Wind or Lightning instead."

"Master Emorith, Earth doesn't affect Flying monsters, and the Phoenix is Fiery and Flying. Use Water, Wind or Lightning instead."

D'oh. :facepalm: Completely forgot to look at Negative effects.

Althior drops the shard of Earth and uses Water instead.

Results of Round One of the Rainbow Falls Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken vs. Magic Carp - Shield (Aura - Docken: aura)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Rainbow Frog B - Critical Hit (Rainbow Frog B: 259 health-(44x3=132 dmg)=127 health+poisoned)

>Dyric Rone equips Loaded Die instead of Aqua Gear

>Althior Emorith (Water) vs. Phoenix - Shield (Magical Vortex of Water - Phoenix: 1632 health-(36x2=72 dmg)=1560 health; Wishing Starfish, Magic Carp, Rainbow Frog A-D, Angry Crab, Mellow Crab: no effect; All party members: +31 health)

Wishing Starfish+Rainbow Frog A+Rainbow Frog C+Rainbow Frog D+Angry Crab+Mellow Crab - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 86 health+15 SP-((27+19+19+19+40+12=136)/2=68 dmg)=33 health)

Rainbow Frog B - Poisoned (Rainbow Frog: 127 health-1 dmg=126 health)

Docken imbues himself with a defensive aura that doubles his current health but also draws in all hostile attacks until the end of the next round. Xander deals a critical hit on the second Rainbow Frog, making it suffer 127 damage and poisoning it. Dyric switches his Aqua Gear to the Loaded Die. Althior conjures up a magical vortex of the water-element, but it only damages the Phoenix for 72 damage. The remaining enemies all direct their attention to Docken, managing to deliver 53 damage to him.

All nine enemies are left.

Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-phoenix.jpg

Phoenix

Type: Flying/Fiery

Level: 45

Health: 1560/1632

Special I:
Phoenix Pyre
– The Phoenix reduces its health to one to bring back all defeated allies with full health. Used only after all allies have been defeated.

Special II:
Empyreal Flame
- Causes 30 fire-elemental damage to all opponents. Used when there are allies standing.

Drops: 4 Phoenix Essence

heroicafog-monster-wishingstarfish.jpg

Wishing Starfish

Type: Aquatic/Holy

Level: 27

Health: 381/381

Special:
Three Wishes
– One of three things happens: 1) up to 270 health is restored to all allies, 2) 27 light-elemental damage is caused to all opponents, or 3) all combatants fall asleep.

Drops: Wishing Wand (WP:12; each successful hit has ½ chance of inflicting either asleep-, blinded-, sealed- or confused-effect, according to what the user wishes)

heroicafog-monster-magiccarp.jpg

Magic Carp

Type: Aquatic

Level: 66

Health: 66/66

Special:
Splash
– Nothing happens.

Drops: Ether Core

heroicafog-monster-rainbowfrog.jpg

Rainbow Frog A

Type: Vermin/Aquatic

Level: 19

Health: 259/259

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin
– Causes badly poisoned- and enamored-effects on the target.

Drops: Remedy

Rainbow Frog B

*Poisoned*

Health: 126/259

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog C

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog D

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

heroicafog-monster-angrycrab.jpg

Angry Crab

Level: 40

Health: 240/240

Special:
Calm Down
– The Angry Crab turns into a Mellow Crab.

Drops: Mead

heroicafog-monster-mellowcrab.jpg

Mellow Crab

Level: 12

Health: 900/900

Special:
Rage Up
– The Mellow Crab turns into an Angry Crab.

Drops: Nostrum

Party:

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

32 years old male human Sage

Level 21 1/3

Power:
31 (21+10) (36 for spells (21+10+5))

Defense:

Health:
31/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
27/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, dual strike; dagger), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, doubled if target is weak to the element; handwear), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4; bodywear)

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8; wand), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), 2 Potions, Tonic, Ether Core, Nostrum, Venom, Shovel, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

ava-bartholomew_warden.png

Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)
***Party Leader***

31-year old human male Warden

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*
*Aura*

Power:
(24+11)

Defense:

Health:
33/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:
(50 Gold loaned to Flipz)

GP:

Equipment:
Briar Bow (WP: 11;
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (permanent scary-effect; headwear), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent
poisoned
-effect to a bow; backwear), Lover's Locket (immune to
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
Frozen Saber (WP: 9;
stuns
enemies; longsword), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect,
poisoned
), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5;
poisoned
), White Marksman's Hat (â…™ chance of assassination vs. flying monsters; hat), 2 Aquamarines (
Water
), 3 Potions, 2 Health Cores, Grand Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

20 years old male human Rogue

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 21/21 (7+14)

Gold
: 837

GP:

Equipment:
Double Chain Whip (WP:10;),
Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect; accessory)

Inventory
: Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)
Aqua Gear (
Adds water-element to physical attacks and protects from water-elemental damage, accessory),
2 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 3 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Smelling Salts, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*
*Favours Beasts and Aquatic monsters*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
31/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's,
poisoned
), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:
Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), 2 Potions, Grand Potion, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Black Pearl (Worth 75 gold)

Party Leader, choose the order of action. Everyone, choose your actions and targets.

OoC: Can't Dyric equip two artifacts, the Loaded Die and the Aqua Gear, at Level 15?

QM Note: They're both accessories, so nope.

"Aw, MegaBloks!

"Because of the Aura, I can see no situation in which I won't be Knocked Out next Round. The combined Free Hits of the five least powerful enemies will deal exactly 29 Damage, and I have 29 Health. But to heal myself to survive that, I'd end up taking Free Hits from the six least powerful enemies: 43 Damage."

OoC: Sandy, since I have the Aura, can I heal myself past the 43 Health I normally have?

OoC: Or, actually, if the Aura lasts for 1 Round, and you ran it as beginning with my Turn in this Round, shouldn't it end just before my Turn next Round, before any of the Free Hits take place?

Oh, wait, it says "duration of the next round". My bad.

I think you forgot to subtract the health from the Phoenix, unless I'm missing something...

Althior uses Lightning on the Phoenix from the Back Row.

OoC: Sandy, since I have the Aura, can I heal myself past the 43 Health I normally have?

On the next turn, you can regain up to 86 health, but you'll drop back to a maximum of 43 after the round.

OoC: Can I be Remedied of the Aura effect?

No, positive effects cannot be removed by a Remedy. You'll have it for the next round, unless you roll another Shield.

I think you forgot to subtract the health from the Phoenix, unless I'm missing something...

Fixed!

"Alright, I'll take a Health Core, bringing my Health back up to 86, then the six Free Hits will drop me back to 43, and I should be able to survive anyone else's taking Damage.

"Master Emorith already has the Phoenix, Master Rone, take the Magic Carp, Master Unth'or, the Angry Crab. That'll leave the six enemies with the lowest Levels and minimize the Damage I take from Free Hits."

I use a Health Core from the Back Row.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Dyric Rone
  4. Althior Emorith

Xander follows through on Docken's plan, attacking the angry crab from the back row.

Results of Round Two of the Rainbow Falls Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken uses Health Core on himself - (Docken: full health restored)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Angry Crab - Shield (Marking the Favoured - Angry Crab: 240 health-(31x3=93 dmg)=147 health+poisoned)

>Dyric Rone vs. Magic Carp - Damage/Hit (Magic Carp: 66 health-(25/2=13 dmg)=53 health)

>Althior Emorith (Lightning) vs. Phoenix - Damage (Althior Docken: 86 health+15 SP-(45/2=23 dmg)=78 health)

Wishing Starfish+Rainbow Frog A+Rainbow Frog B+Rainbow Frog C+Rainbow Frog D+Mellow Crab - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 78 health+15 SP-(27+19+19+19+19+12=115/2=58 dmg)=35 health)

Rainbow Frog B - Poisoned (Rainbow Frog: 126 health-1 dmg=125 health)

Angry Crab - Poisoned (Angry Crab: 147 health-1 dmg=146 health)

Docken consumes one of his Health Cores to bring himself back to full health after the devastating free hits on the previous round. Xander deals heavy poisonous damage to the aquatic Angry Crab, and Dyric hits the Magic Carp. Docken takes damage for Althior when the Phoenix strikes. The remaining enemies all attack Docken again, but he survives. The poisoned Rainbow Frog and Angry Crab both lose one health.

All nine enemies are still standing.

Enemies:

Phoenix

Special I:
Phoenix Pyre
– The Phoenix reduces its health to one to bring back all defeated allies with full health. Used only after all allies have been defeated.

Special II:
Empyreal Flame
- Causes 30 fire-elemental damage to all opponents. Used when there are allies standing.

Wishing Starfish

Special:
Three Wishes
– One of three things happens: 1) up to 270 health is restored to all allies, 2) 27 light-elemental damage is caused to all opponents, or 3) all combatants fall asleep.

Drops: Wishing Wand (WP:12; each successful hit has ½ chance of inflicting either asleep-, blinded-, sealed- or confused-effect, according to what the user wishes)

Magic Carp

Health: 53/66

Special:
Splash
– Nothing happens.

Rainbow Frog A

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog B

*Poisoned*

Health: 125/259

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog C

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog D

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Angry Crab

*Poisoned*

Health: 146/240

Special:
Calm Down

Mellow Crab

Special:
Rage Up

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 21 1/3

Power:

Defense:

Health:
31/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
27/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, dual strike; dagger), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower, doubled if target is weak to the element; handwear), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4; bodywear)

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8; wand), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), 2 Potions, Tonic, Ether Core, Nostrum, Venom, Shovel, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

***Party Leader***

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(24+11)

Defense:

Health:
35/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (permanent scary-effect; headwear), Quiver of Poisoning (permanent
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
Frozen Saber (WP: 9;
stuns
enemies; longsword), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect,
poisoned
), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5;
poisoned
), White Marksman's Hat (â…™ chance of assassination vs. flying monsters; hat), 2 Aquamarines (
Water
), 3 Potions, Health Core, Grand Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

dscf0014.jpg

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 21/21 (7+14)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:
Double Chain Whip (WP:10),

Inventory
: Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)
Aqua Gear (
Adds water-element to physical attacks and protects from water-elemental damage, accessory),
2 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 3 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Smelling Salts, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
31/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
poisoned
), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect; backwear), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect; bodywear)

Inventory:
Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (WP +1 from the front row, grants speed within quests; accessory), 2 Potions, Grand Potion, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, Black Pearl (Worth 75 gold)

Party Leader, choose the order of action. Everyone, choose your actions and targets.

Why do the results say I lost health if the Damage went to Docken?

Althior repeats his action.

Why do the results say I lost health if the Damage went to Docken?

QM Note: Because I forgot the aura-effect first, then remembered it and fixed the results, but forgot to fix your health. Ah, the joys of QMing... :tongue:

"Master Emorith has the Phoenix, Master Rone has the Carp, very good. Master Unth'or, your Critical Hit will take down Rainbow Frog B, but it isn't strong enough to take down the Angry Crab. We need to reduce the Free Hits; switch to Rainbow Frog B and I'll take the Angry Crab."

I attack the Angry Crab from the Back Row with my Darksteel Crossbow.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Xander Unth'or
  3. Dyric Rone
  4. Althior Emorith

Results of Round Three of the Rainbow Falls Battle:

>Bartholomew Docken (Darksteel Crossbow) vs. Angry Crab - Damage (Docken: 35 health+15 SP-(40/2=20 dmg)=30 health)

>Xander Unth'or vs. Rainbow Frog B - Special Damage (Double Rainbow Toxin - Xander: badly poisoned, enamored towards Rainbow Frog B)

>Dyric Rone vs. Magic Carp - Miss/Critical Hit (Magic Carp: 53 health-(35/2=18 dmg)=35 health)

>Althior Emorith (Lightning) vs. Phoenix - Damage (Althior: 31 health+4 SP-(45/2=23 dmg)=12 health)

Wishing Starfish+Mellow Crab - Free Hit vs. Docken (Docken: 30 health+15 SP-(27+12=39/2=20 dmg)=25 health)

Rainbow Frog A - Free Hit vs. Xander (Xander: 31 health+5 SP-(19/2=10 dmg)=26 health)

Rainbow Frog C - Free Hit vs. Dyric (Dyric: 21 health-(19/2=10 dmg)=11 health)

Rainbow Frog D - Free Hit vs. Althior (Althior: 12 health+4 SP-(19/2=10 dmg)=6 health)

Rainbow Frog B - Poisoned (Rainbow Frog: 125 health-1 dmg=124 health)

Angry Crab - Poisoned (Angry Crab: 146 health-1 dmg=145 health)

Xander - Badly Poisoned (Xander: 26 health-10 dmg=16 health)

The enemies start to overwhelm the battle-weary heroes. Docken gets assaulted by the Angry Crab. Xander is struck by the Rainbow Frog's double rainbow toxin, and is thus badly poisoned and enamored with the amphibian. Dyric is lucky enough to get a good hit on the Magic Carp. The phoenix rakes Althior with its beak and talons. The other enemies deal even more damage to the party, weakening them considerably. The poisons continue to work their magic.

All enemies are still left.

Enemies:

Phoenix

Special I:
Phoenix Pyre

Special II:
Empyreal Flame

Wishing Starfish

Special:
Three Wishes

Magic Carp

Health: 35/66

Special:
Splash
– Nothing happens.

Rainbow Frog A

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog B

*Poisoned*

Health: 124/259

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog C

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Rainbow Frog D

Special:
Double Rainbow Toxin

Angry Crab

*Poisoned*

Health: 145/240

Special:
Calm Down

Mellow Crab

Special:
Rage Up

Party:

Althior Emorith (K-Nut)

Level 21 1/3

Power:

Defense:

Health:
6/31 (5+20+6)

Ether:
27/27 (5+20+2)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood

***Party Leader***

Level 24 1/3
*Scary*
*Immune to Enamored*

Power:
(24+8)

Defense:

Health:
25/43
(6+23+8+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect,
poisoned
poisoned
Enamored
; accessory)

Inventory:
wood
-elemental;
poisoned
), Frozen Saber (WP: 9;
stuns
enemies; longsword), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5;
poisoned
Water
), 3 Potions, Health Core, Grand Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Soma, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

dscf0014.jpg

Level 15 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (15+10)

Health
: 11/21 (7+14)

Gold

GP:

Equipment:
Double Chain Whip (WP:10),

Inventory
Aqua Gear (

xander_hunter.jpg

Xander Unth'or (posades)

Level 18 ½
*Natural Respite*
*Immune to Blindness*
*Badly Poisoned*
*Enamored to Rainbow Frog B for 3 more rounds*

Power:
(18+11+2)

Defense:

Health:
16/31
(8+17+6)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
poisoned

Inventory: