Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

Eric tries to say something, but he can't since he's been stunned. The Nord is mumbling, but nobody can make out what he's trying to say.

I don't get why you place me first in the BO? I'm stunned, there's nothing I can do. Wouldn't it make more sense to put you or Erdathcath first and my turns last? Both of you try a heal and when I'm healed I can attack both foes, thus negating any free hits. Or am I missing something here?

If Erdy fails in healing you, then you won't get a turn, because my healing will not remove the "Sealed" effect. Therefore, on the chance that Erdy fails and I succeed, I put you first in the battle order so that you can take Ricky's free hit. Alternatively, I could remedy you, Erdy could hit Malbert, and you can drink a grand potion and then attack Ricky. It's up to you though, you're the party leader. :shrug:

I think this latter plan is the way to go.

Another plan we could adopt is that Erdy attempts to nurture you, if she fails, I will remedy you and you will take the grand potion and attack Ricky while Erdy takes the free hit from Malbert. If she succeeds, I will seal Malbert or Ricky or I will attack Malbert, and you can hit Ricky twice. It depends on you though.

I will do as I am told by Eric's body language and gesticulations. :grin:

Considering that I am at half of my normal health, one free hit and pretty much any of us will be knocked out. I'll take a smelling salts, then attempt to nurture Eric, and if I succeed then the Monk could try to heal me, as I would then be back at full health as would Eric, and Eric could attack Ricky and Malbert. That would probably be the best choice for now.

"And if you fail? Then Eric is left at low health and I have to either strike Ricky or Malbert or remedy Eric. If I don't remedy Eric, then one of you will be certainly KO'ed by Ricky, if I don't target him. If I remedy him, then he either hits both Ricy and Malbert, but that is incredibly risky, or he takes a grand potion and hits Ricky while you absorb Malbert's free hit. This last plan I already mentioned. I will leave it up to you to decide which plan is best.

"I think it may not be a bad idea for me to remedy Eric and let him drink a Grand Potion since he has plenty of those. Also, I'm taking it for granted that you will use a smelling salts on yourself. I think, at this stage it may be a must. But I can't decide for you. Ultimately, I think the choice is up to Eric, that wretched soul, to decide what course of action we should take."

Agreed, how he gets healed should be up to him.

Erdy turns to the Norse who is laying on the ground. "Which way would you prefer us do the healing? 1 finger for the Monk's plan, 2 fingers for mine"

"He will probably choose your plan just to be ornary!" I snort under my breath.

Malbert stands back politely allowing us to converse. It's a wonder we don't use this delay to sneak a potion or two. Ricky appears a bit impatient though...

Slowly, Eric manages to raise one finger. The party goes with Monk Pretzel's plan. Go ahead and post the battle order Pretzel; it's your plan, you'll know it the best :tongue: So I take a Grand Potion the first turn and attack in my second turn?

I knock a bottle filled with some sort of remedy on Eric's head. It breaks open and splashes over him...

Battle Order:

Pretzel: Remedies Eric (back row)

Eric: Drink Grand Potion (back row)

Eric: Attacks Ricky (front row)

Erdathcath: Attack Malbert (back row)

Battle Round Eleven!

Pretzel - uses Remedy on Eric

Eric - drinks grand potion

Eric vs. Ricky - Special Damage

Erdy vs. Malbert - Hit

Pretzel uses his remedy on Eric and Eric is un-stunned, and then Eric drinks a grand potion to bring his health back up. With newfound freedom and strength, Eric attacks Ricky... and is hit by the special damage again :facepalm: - loses 10 health and is stunned again. Erdy manages to hit Malbert causing 27 damage on the old man.

Enemies:

rickyriding-icon.jpg

Ricky Riding the Archer
*lucky (causes jinxed effect to whoever targets him)*

Level 28 Humanoid

Health: 737/801

Special:
Absolutely Stunning
- Target is hit with 10 damage and is
stunned

Drops: Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), 42 gold

Note: Ricky Riding fights from the back row, so all non-ranged attacks will do half damage to him, while his attacks do full damage to heroes in back row.

malbert-icon.jpg

Malbert the Mage

Level 24 Humanoid

Health: 462/667

Special:
Stone Soup
- You've pissed off gramps and he's giving you a taste of his medicine! Target is
petrified

Drops: Staff of Malbert (WP:10, Light-Elemental), Deadly Venom x2

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 21 Raider
*party leader*
*hastened*
*encouraged*
*stunned*

Power:

Health: 25/39

Gold: 1198

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row)

Inventory: Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (12x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11.5 Cleric

Power: 16

Defense: 5

Health: 21/21

Ether: 18/19

Gold: 101

Equipment: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy (2), Soma, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 17 Druid

Power: 27

Health: 18/32

Ether: 19/20

Gold: 310

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe

Random.org hates you guys. Officially.

Edited by Flare

OOC: I thought I said I was using Smelling salts, so I should have gotten two turns, right?

Go read Pretzel's plan of attack, it says nothing about smelling salts :wacko:

Go read Pretzel's plan of attack, it says nothing about smelling salts :wacko:

I stated I wanted to use it before, but oh well.

Ok, So guys, should we just leave this battle and move on? Or should we continue on trying to heal and attack?

Edited by The_Customizer

I'm so sorry, "The Customizer" (it feels wierd saying that :sceptic: ) I forgot to put your smelling salts in the list of actions. :wall: Greatest apologies. Erdy did state that she would take the smelling salts, so perhaps good ol' Flare will make an exception for us. :wink: But on the more than good chances that he doesn't. I just remembered that Ricky is lucky, so that means Eric is unlucky, which is why he's been getting so many "Special Damages," I think you should definitely use the Nostrum on him, because you are the only one that has a nostrum among us, I believe. :wacko:

"The loot from this fight is too good to bypass, from what I can see. Eric seems almost useless in his attacks on Ricky so far, so Erdy, I would suggest that you sniff the smelling salts, since you seem so keen on it that you can't keep your mind on the battle, and then knock some sense into Eric by hitting him on the head with that nostrum of yours. I will precede your action by giving him a little knock myself with another of my remedies. Thank God I thought to purchase a few before heading on out of Eubric! Once Eric is revived, he can hit both Ricky and Malbert from the front row. What say you to this, fellows?"

Proposed battle actions:

Monk Pretzel: Remedies Eric

Erdathcath: Drinks Smelling Salts

Erdathcath: "Nostrumizes" Eric

Eric: Attacks Malbert (Front Row)

Eric: Attacks Ricky (Front Row)

Eric raises his thumb in agreement with the old monk. The loot is indeed too good to pass up on. Only a coward would flee from a fight. Eric hated the fact that was pretty much useless right now and hoped he would soon be able to fight again.

Please follow the monk's directions :classic:

Battle... Round Twelve!

Pretzel uses Remedy on Eric

Erdathcath takes Smelling Salts

Erdathcath uses Nostrum on Eric

Eric vs. Malbert - Shield (Ravage)

Eric vs. Ricky - Hit

Pretzel starts off with knocking Eric on the head with a remedy, which wakes him up from his stunned state. Erdy takes a smelling salts to become hastened, and then uses a nostrum on Eric to make him lucky (smart thinking!). Eric then viciously attacks Malbert, getting a shield, causes 136 damage to Malbert and another 68 damage to Ricky, and reaps 408 gold!! He then hits Ricky with another blow of 68 damage.

Enemies:

rickyriding-icon.jpg

Ricky Riding the Archer
*lucky (causes jinxed effect to whoever targets him)*

Level 28 Humanoid

Health: 601/801

Special:
Absolutely Stunning
- Target is hit with 10 damage and is
stunned

Drops: Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), 42 gold

Note: Ricky Riding fights from the back row, so all non-ranged attacks will do half damage to him, while his attacks do full damage to heroes in back row.

malbert-icon.jpg

Malbert the Mage

Level 24 Humanoid

Health: 326/667

Special:
Stone Soup
- You've pissed off gramps and he's giving you a taste of his medicine! Target is
petrified

Drops: Staff of Malbert (WP:10, Light-Elemental), Deadly Venom x2

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 21 Raider
*party leader*
*hastened*
*encouraged*
*lucky*

Power:

Health: 25/39

Gold: 1606

Equipment: Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row)

Inventory: Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (12x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11.5 Cleric

Power: 16

Defense: 5

Health: 21/21

Ether: 18/19

Gold: 101

Equipment: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 17 Druid
*hastened*

Power: 27

Health: 18/32

Ether: 19/20

Gold: 310

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe

Great! Plan your moves carefully and you should easily win this!

Edited by Flare

Wow, that worked excellently! I should probably attack Malbert twice, as Eric would be best for attacking Ricky, due to his now lucky affect.

So, we could do this:

Erdathcath: Attacks Malbert

Eric: Attacks Ricky

Monk: Heals if needed

Erdathcath: Attacks Malbert

Eric: Attacks Ricky.

"I don't at all mind that approach, Erdy, but I think it may not be a good idea for both you and Eric to attack on both turns. I would advise possibly this:

Erdathcath: Weaken Ricky

Erdathcath: Attack Malbert

Eric: Attack Ricky

Monk Pretzel: Heal Eric

What say you? If you both attack with both your turns, there is a chance that you both will be knocked out, which we cannot allow to happen. I think it would be a good idea to weaken Ricky and, I could even seal him, but I think it may be a good idea to bring Eric up to full health. Perhaps our dear party leader, who has finally managed to stay on his feet for a round :hmpf_bad: , would like to tell us what he thinks."

"Fine by me either way. I wanted to avoid Eric getting petrified at all costs, but he will probably be extra strong against Malbert."

Yeah, he will be lucky against Malbert, so...

OK, well we need Khorne's input before we continue (after all, he is the party leader!)

"Good thinking, monk! I'll focus on taking out Ricky first, since he's the strongest of the pair. I'll then help take down Malbert" Eric said full of vigour. He was glad h was no longer petrified. Even though, he couldn't stand monk Pretzel on a personal level, the Nord had to admit his strategical insights had been of great importance so far.

Ruffling through his satchel, Eric felt a scroll. Surprised, he took out the parchment. It was a Scroll of Sleep he had purchased some months ago from the witch Elphaba. The Nord had totally forgotten that he was even in possesion of one of those ( :facepalm: ). "Does anyone of you want to use this Scroll? Perhaps we could try and put Malbert to sleep after this round and focus our strength on the boy!"

Battle order: (copy/paste from Palathadric's post)

Erdathcath: Weaken Ricky

Erdathcath: Attack Malbert

Monk Pretzel: Heal Eric

You had a scroll of sleep this whole time, and never bother to say so? oh2.gif

Perhaps it would be best to use it on Ricky, that way we can completely destroy Malbert before Ricky wakes up, and don't forget that Ricky is lucky so we don't want to all be attacking him at once.

"I say let Eric take care of Ricky, since his strength in battle is on par with Ricky's now, and then Erdathcath can take on Malbert, since she is immune to his petrification. I can heal. I don't know if the scroll of sleep is incredibly useful for now, but Eric could possibly pass it to either of us two next round. Let's see how this one plays out first. I should probably seal Ricky next round though, as we don't want him stunning Eric once again."