Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

Didn't take too long :sceptic:

Results of Round Two:

Eric vs. Odzaph - Steal

Eric vs. Odzaph - Damage

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Damage

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Miss

Luck is not on your side. Eric manages to steal another 18 27 gold from the demigod. Enraged, Odzaph hits Eric with 9 damage, runs at Erdy and strikes. She receives 9 damage. Pretzel manages to barely avoid the enranged demigod's swinging sword.

Enemy:

odzaph_the_semi-mad_demi-god_-_icon.jpg

Odzaph the Semi-Mad Demi-God

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1733/1764

Special: Lunatical ranting - The insane blabbering causes the
Weakened
effect on the target for the next 3 turns.

Drops: 84 gold, 1 soma

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Power: 33

Health: 27/36

Gold: 402

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row),
Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (13x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Power: 16

Defense: 5

Health: 19/19

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 72

Inventory:
Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)
, Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Power: 26

Health: 22/31

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 253

Inventory:
Tritech Handcannon (WP:10),
Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle),
Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify),
6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Rusted Knife (WP: 10, Badly Poisoned effect, 1/1 uses left), Ruby.

Party leader, please post the battle order. Everyone, choose your actions.

Edited by Flare

The tall Nord Raider winced and took a step back as the demi-god's sword hit him. Realizing it was just a flesh wound, Eric gritted his teeth and renewed his focus. Eager, he lunged himself at his foe once more.

Eric repeats his attack.

Battle order:

Eric attacks

Eric attacks

Erdathcath

Pretzel

I strike again from the back row. I could heal one of my quest mates, but Eric looks pretty tough and unaffected by the blow and Erdy does not look particularly disturbed either.

Edited by Palathadric

Three things.

1. Unfortunately I will be gone without internet access from Thursday until Saturday. Sadly, that means that the battle will be on pause until Sunday morning :sad: I'm very sorry to delay the quest like this, when its barely started! I hope you will find room in your hearts to forgive me :wink:

2. Eric, I updated the gold you received, you now have received 50% more than before!

3. I don't know when The_Customizer is going to post, but he's probably going to just continue the attack (its what makes sense...) so, Mr. Party Leader, if you want to choose his actions for him then thats fine with me. Just so we can get it rolling before I leave.

Edited by Flare

OOC: Sorry about that, I live in PST, so I tend to be a bit behind everyone else.

I will just continue my attack as there isn't much else for me to do right now.

Results of Round Three:

Eric vs. Odzaph - Hit

Eric vs. Odzaph - Special Damage

>Erdy vs. Odzaph - Critical Hit

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Critical Hit

Eric hits a victorious blow of 66 damage on Odzaph. In return, the demigod hits Eric with his special and causes Eric to be weakened for the next three turns! (at least you took a mead earlier, eh? :tongue:) Next, Erdathcath manages to perform a critical hit on Odzaph, causing 42 damage (42... wow what a coincidence). Pretzel also swoops in and gets a critical hit on Odzaph, causing another 27 damage on the demigod! Odzaph is quite disturbed by this series of injuries, but he still has plenty of health left.

Enemy:

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1598/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*
*weakened* (3 turns left)

Health: 27/36

Gold: 402

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP: 13; Ice-elemental; Darkness-elemental), Sticky Gloves (+50% income from Mugging), Boots of Evasion (Wearer takes half damage in front row),
Drengazuli Grom'az (WP:6; Twin Axe Attacks two enemies in one turn, Lightning-elemental); 2x Diseased Silverfish Wings (WP:8 + Cursed throwing dagger); 6x Silverfish Wings (WP:8 throwing dagger); Fire bomb; Lightning bomb; Venom; Mead (10x); Grand Potion (13x); Smelling Salts (5x); Garnet; Scroll of Sleep

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Inventory:
Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)
, Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy (3), Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Health: 22/31

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle),
6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Rusted Knife (WP: 10, Badly Poisoned effect, 1/1 uses left), Ruby.

Eric covered his ears as the lunatic started rambling, but it was to no avail. Angrily and without other options, Eric continued the attack from the front row.

Battle Order:

Eric attacks

Eric attacks

Erdathcath

Pretzel

"Don't listen to him, Eric!" I shout out. "His words will pollute you!"

But it's too late, Eric has already succumbed to the demented mags gibberish.

Should one of us try to cast a spell and see what comes of it?

If not I will continue my attack from the back row.

"Cast a spell? Sounds like a work of magic to me. I'm sorry, Elf, but I don't deal with magic. No good cleric does. We deal in the power of God, spells and that magic nonsense is for mages and their sort. I will have no part in it. I don't do spells."

I strike the lunatic again from the back row.

Forgive you? Nonsense. Let the ranting begin! :rofl:

"Cast a spell? Sounds like a work of magic to me. I'm sorry, Elf, but I don't deal with magic. No good cleric does. We deal in the power of God, spells and that magic nonsense is for mages and their sort. I will have no part in it. I don't do spells."

I meant for healing. default_hmpfbad.gifdefault_tong.gif

Results of Round Four:

Eric vs. Odzaph - Shield (Ravage)

Eric vs. Odzaph - Hit

>Erdy vs. Odzaph - Damage

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Shield (Miracle)

Angry about being weakened, Eric decides to give it his best and performs a ravaging shield on Odzaph, causing 66 damage and stealing 50 gold! Odzaph is hit again by Eric with a blow of 33 damage. Erdathcath doesn't do as well as Eric, because Odzaph manages to strike her with 9 damage. Monk Pretzel starts praying at the top of his lungs, and a miracle happens: Monk Pretzel restores 21 health to all allies, which brings everyone back up to full health.

Enemy:

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1499/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*
*weakened* (1 turn left)

Health: 36/36

Gold: 452

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Health: 31/31

Inventory:

Please note that I will be gone for the next three days and the battle will not continue until Sunday. My apologies! Feel free to hate me. :tongue:

Edited by Flare

Well, that was easy! We are all back up to full health, and ready to keep attacking!

Just to make things a bit easier, I will throw my Rusted Knife (Badly poisoned effect) from the back row. That should help slowly drain his strength!

I should do double damage, since I have a Darkness-elemental weapon and Odzaph is a humanoid :wink: .

Eric stood firm and smiled as the blood of Odzaph splashed in his face. Eager for more bloodshed, the Nord continued to strike.

Battle order:

Eric attacks

Eric attacks

>Erdathcath

>Pretzel

Monk Pretzel swings again from the back row.

In situations like this, I think it's perfectly fine to autoplay the rounds since we're all back up to full health.

I smile broadly as once again, God grants me a miracle and heals my quest mates. It seemed that for a little while, back in the darkest caverns of the "voracious" vault He had abandoned me, but not so now. I feel the energy flowing through my body.

"You are a fool 'demi-god'. What made you think that you could force us to fight alongside you? You are a lunatic, clearly demented. I don't know if you are always like this or not, but you have insulted the messenger of God on this earth, and his comrades with him, and I am afraid to say that you will, more likely than not, pay dearly for it. It would have been wiser if you had not attempted to insult us with your senseless banter in the first place."

Hi everyone! I'm back :grin:

I should do double damage, since I have a Darkness-elemental weapon and Odzaph is a humanoid :wink: .

Fixed! :wink:

Results of Round Five:

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Aim

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Damage

Eric, tired of waiting for the voice in the sky to come back, does exercises, and when it finally comes back to continue hosting the battle, he hits the demi-god twice with very powerful blasts, causing (oh boy!) 198 damage and stealing 297 gold! Erdy throws her rusted knife at the demigod and causes 10 damage, but the knife makes Odzaph badly poisoned. Infuriated by Pretzel's little speech, Odzaph slams his sword into Pretzel. Thankfully the monk is heavily protected, so he only loses 4 health.

Enemy:

*badly poisoned*

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1291/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Power:

Gold: 749

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Health: 15/19

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Inventory:
6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby.

I'm just going to auto-roll since the damage was not serious.

Results of Round Six:

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Aim

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Shield (Miracle)

Odzaph starts with his lunatical ranting and Eric, again, is sucked in and is weakened again. But nevertheless he strikes back and hits Odzaph with ravage, causing 66 damage and stealing 50 gold (you're going to be rich by the end of this battle, bub!). Erdathcath aims again, this time with her handcannon, and causes 10 damage on the demigod. Monk Pretzel, so stuck up by his amazing miracle performed earlier, decides to keep praying, and for some annoying reason another miracle was given. Pretzel's health is restored and he's going to be bragging about this for weeks. Odzaph loses 10 more health because he is badly poisoned.

Enemy:

*badly poisoned*

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1205/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Gold: 799

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Inventory:
6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 1 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby.

Results of Round Seven:

Eric vs. Odzaph - Steal

Eric vs. Odzaph - Steal

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Damage

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Hit

Eric sneaks up behind Odzaph and steals 60 more gold. Erdy, gaping at Eric's bulging bag of gold, is hit by Odzaph and receives 10 damage. Preztel hits Odzaph and causes 16 damage. Odzaph loses 10 more health because he is badly poisoned.

Enemy:

*badly poisoned*

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1179/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*
*weakened* (1 turn left)

Gold: 859

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Health: 21/31

Inventory:

Edited by Flare

Eric was annoyed that he fell for the lunatic's rambling again. Luckily, the effects of his Mead were still coursing through his veins, so he wasn't bothered by the rambling too much. Feeling good and eager to finish the fight, Eric charged the demi-god once more with all his strength.

Battle Order:

Eric attacks from front row

Eric attacks from front row

Erdathcath

Pretzel

Well, that's what I get for staring at all your gold Eric! default_laugh2.gif

Feeling new strength pouring through her being, Erdy attacks Odzaph from the Back Row.

Feeling very fine about his latest hits and miracles, Monk Pretzel once again surges forward :tongue: and strikes the jabbering idiot from the back row, trying to distract him from his incessant blabbering which is evidently having a less than positive effect on the weak-minded raider.

Results of Round Two-to-the-power-of-three:

Eric vs. Odzaph - Extra Critical Hit

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Hit

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Miss

Eric performs an extra critical hit on Odzaph, hitting him with 118 damage! Glowing with enthusism from this insanely powerful hit, Eric doesn't notice that Odzaph has started to rant, again, and is sucked in and is weakened for three more turns. Erdy hits Odzaph causing another 26 damage. Monk Pretzel charges at Odzaph, trips over a log, and ends up missing Odzaph by 3 meters. Odzaph loses 10 more health because he is badly poisoned.

Enemy:

*badly poisoned*

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 1025/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Inventory:

Results of Round Nine

Eric vs. Odzaph - Steal

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Critical Hit

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Special Damage

Eric jumps in and steals 20 gold from Odzaph, and then swings around and performs another extra critical hit, causing a whopping 118 damage! Erdy hits Odzaph with 36 damage, and then Pretzel trips over another log, and is somehow sucked in by Odzaph's insane blabbering (hah, talk about weak-minded :grin:) Odzaph loses 10 more health.

Enemy:

*badly poisoned*

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 861/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*
*weakened* (1 turn left)

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Inventory:

Results of Round Ten

>Erdathcath vs. Odzaph - Critical Hit

>Pretzel vs. Odzaph - Damage

Eric swings his blade extremely quickly and hits Odzaph TWICE with an extra critical hit! Causing 118 damage the first time, and 236 damage the second time!! Erdathcath also manages to hit Odzaph's leg, causing 36 damage. Pretzel, still feeling a little weak in the mind, doesn't respond quickly enough to Odzaph charging at him, and he receives 4 damage. Odzaph again loses 10 health because he is badly poisoned.

Enemy:

*badly poisoned*

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 461/1764

Weakened

Party:

eric_2_small.jpg

Eric
, Level 20 2/3 Raider
*party leader*
*encouraged*

Power:

Inventory:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel
, Level 11 Cleric
*weakened* (1 turn left)

Health: 15/19

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas
, Level 16.5 Druid

Inventory:

*cough cough* "You cannot defeat me!" *cough* "I'm invincib*cough* and all-powerf*cough*... I'll give you one last chance to surren*cough cough cough*"

Edited by Flare

How did I receive 10 damage, shouldn't it have been 4?

How did I receive 10 damage, shouldn't it have been 4?

:innocent: What are you talking about?

:innocent: What are you talking about?

:laugh:

I fall back heavily, but then realize that I'm not nearly as badly hurt as I had first been told though, so I get back up and once again strike the fellon from the back row.

:laugh:

I fall back heavily, but then realize that I'm not nearly as badly hurt as I had first been told though, so I get back up and once again strike the fellon from the back row.

I don't see any fellon...? :shrug_confused:

I don't see any fellon...? :shrug_confused:

Bah humbug! Do I need to say "Odzaph the Semi-Mad Demi-God" every time? :hmpf::grin:

I strike "Odzaph the Semi-Mad Demi-God" from the back row!!!"