Hi efferman,

I didn't find it anywhere. What's the wheelbase (length) of this beauty?

Thanks

Pat

the wheelbase is 45 studs, but the length of the frame is not limited and could made 8 studs shorter

the trackwidth, outside of the portalhub pins, is 24

the length of the basic chassis (without body attachment points) is 55 studs. the overall length of the G is 66 studs

Best Efferman.

I finnisht the compleet rebuild off mine Daf 3600 Turbotwin 11 and tomorow i have only sticker it and make good photo's and video off it

Effe here the photo's but only whit a couple off stickers you must whait later on this week for the rest.

I hope you can see all the changes at the body. i olso make a mod in your chassis. the steering pins pops out every time i will make some pictures off that mod,

greets Edwin

101_0143_1.jpg

101_0144_1.jpg

looks cool

you have said the steering pins are popping out. a mechanical or a optical problem?

Mechanical. the pins on the end off the steering rack came some time loose. mayby it,s the weight off mine DAF, i will make good pictures off it

maybe using a axle with stop instead, and then locking with two or more half bushes

That whas olso mine solution off the problem, we are thinking the same :laugh:

Hi Effe,

Here are the photo's off the change i make on the steering rack 4 long axel whit stop and 2 small bushes and one big bush.

Greets Edwin

101_0164_1.jpg

101_0166_1.jpg

101_0163_1.jpg

This is a pretty awesome model! Quite on par with Sheepo's Land Rover Defender, though not as complicated!

Haveïng hit quite a few bumps (and almost a couple of IEDs) in various G-wagons, I kinda have a soft spot for this particular car! :wink:

EDIT:

Also, VFRacingTeam's DAF TurboTwin Dakar truck looks beautiful!

Edited by D3K

it works much better than 9398, but it is much more expensive, so they are not really comparable

Efferman, What is the full weight (with batteries) of your G?

I am still hinking about motorizing my prado. Additional L motorrs and IR receiver are on the way.

Its weight without electrics is about 2600-2800 gr.

Ansmann tires are on the way, but Iam afraid they are too big (108). May be it will be better to mount 1,55 baja MTZ scale Mickey Tompson from rc4wd (near 95 mm)

Problem is that front suspension on my Toyota is independent double wishbone, so lifting is impossible

What do you think? Too heavy?

Edited by rm8