Sign in to follow this  
just2good

UCS Sandcrawler project has reached 10K supporters on Cuusoo!

Congrats 'mb_bricks' on another 10K! :sweet:

Mbbricks10ksand.jpg

Personally, I doughnut care for Star Wars sets, so I will not be picking this up if it gets approved (which it might not as it will be too big).

This one took forever to get 10K, though! :tongue:

Cuusoo link.

I hope it doesn't get approved as I have nowhere to put another one as I would have to buy it!

A very big congrats to Marshal! I'm just scared that if it's approved, how much it will cost :look:

Congrats 'mb_bricks' on another 10K! :sweet:

Personally, I doughnut care for Star Wars sets, so I will not be picking this up if it gets approved (which it might not as it will be too big).

This one took forever to get 10K, though! :tongue:

Cuusoo link.

I doughnut understand why you always type 'don't know' as 'doughnut' :tongue:

Congrats MB on this. That Sandcrawler is awesome!

This is a crazy big model and I have been rooting for this to reach 10k so I'm really happy it did. if it does get approved though the CUUSOO team will probably scale the set down a bit as the one he built is just a prototype for the design team. So congrats for getting 10k

I doughnut understand why you always type 'don't know' as 'doughnut' :tongue:

Congrats MB on this. That Sandcrawler is awesome!

He's not not (lol) typing "don't know", he's typing "do not" as "doughnut". I think he's trying to be funny.

He's not not (lol) typing "don't know", he's typing "do not" as "doughnut". I think he's trying to be funny.

Let's try staying on topic instead of focusing on a member's sense of humor.

Congrats on reaching 10k! I'm not a die hard SW fan, so it would be highly debatable if I would pick this up, but the fact that it was made looks amazing. I would love to see it in the flesh, er..brick. Let's see what TLG does with this news.

Keep up the great builds.

Congrats on reaching 10K and I hope this both passes review and whatever UCS model TLG ultimately creates is as true to the scale, level of detail and power functions features as is economically viable for them*.

* For those who don't follow CUUSOO closely, TLG has never (and probably will never) release a CUUSOO submitted model verbatim. To date, they've only released their own designs based on the ideas embodied by the submitted models so don't expect to see mb_bricks fantastic model reproduced for mass consumption at $1000 a kit any time soon.

We did it again – this is crazy!!! I am so glad and grateful for all your awesome support. Thanks to everyone who voted, shared and promoted my project!

Even though we probably may not see such a large and detailed project as an official set, there is still a good chance for a smaller, still awesome UCS scaled model (with around 3000-5000 parts) This will finally give the Sandcrawler the glory and attention it deserves – as it is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting and exciting vehicles in the whole STAR WARS saga.

All in all, let's keep our fingers crossed and again – thank you for being believers and dreamers!

* For those who don't follow CUUSOO closely, TLG has never (and probably will never) release a CUUSOO submitted model verbatim. To date, they've only released their own designs based on the ideas embodied by the submitted models so don't expect to see mb_bricks fantastic model reproduced for mass consumption at $1000 a kit any time soon.

Finally someone, who got the idea behind LEGO CUUSOO :)

Edited by marshal_banana

Congratulations MB on this glorious build and achievement! I just hope whatever scaled down version of your masterpiece THG decides to go with will incorporate the power functions as you did, because it is a brilliant idea and perfect fit for this vehicle. Of course they will probably put some kind of warning label on the box about not playing with it in the sand, but who could resist? Kudos!

Edited by Dapper-D2

Congrats Marshal! This thing is HUGE! I just hope the licensing issues work out and TLG can build this anywhere near the level as you did if it passes. This would definitely make a great set. I wonder though, being a licensed set and cuusoo, the price per piece will probably be outrageous! Hopefully not though.

Yes!Not that I can afford the most likley price(My guess is $200.. :sceptic: )I would love to see a approved new Jawa minifig! :blush:

Yes!Not that I can afford the most likley price(My guess is $200.. :sceptic: )I would love to see a approved new Jawa minifig! :blush:

$200, funny guy. It would be tough to scale it down to that price point. This will go nowhere I am afraid. For the record TLG, I would pay $1000+ for that set as is.

I just noticed that the more recent TLG comment on the project says "ushabia namba kee koolee" do you know what this means?

Yes, I do know! I gave it a Google search, and "ushabia namba kee koolee" is a phrase in Jawaese (which Jawa's speak). It means, "Does it have air-conditioning?". Basically TLG wants to know if the model has air-conditioning. :laugh:

Yes, I do know! I gave it a Google search, and "ushabia namba kee koolee" is a phrase in Jawaese (which Jawa's speak). It means, "Does it have air-conditioning?". Basically TLG wants to know if the model has air-conditioning. :laugh:

If it does have air-conditioning, incorporating it will push prices through the roof! :laugh:

Congrats on obtaining 10k votes! I will get this if it ever gets released! :thumbup: