Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

BrickArms to Produce Licensed Offensive Combat Weapons

As recently unveiled at Brickfair, Will Chapman has entered into a partnership with U4iA Games to design and produce BrickArms accessories based on the weaponry that will be featured in the upcoming Offensive Combat game.

7743850444_051346046a_z.jpg

7695119192_55061e780e_z.jpg

7695119404_d6681bf759_z.jpg

Also adding to the fun: BrickArms accessories will be available as weapons in the game

Look for these accessories and more in the future from BrickArms!

The press release that has sent out in regards to the news:

"U4iA Games today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Redmond, WA-based BrickArms to bring several weapons from its upcoming browser-based, first-person-shooter game, Offensive Combat, to life as replicas for two-inch, building toy mini-figures. U4iA will also add a selection of BrickArms’ most popular building toy weapons into the game as virtual items for players to use in their ongoing mission to annihilate the competition. BrickArms is a leading creator and supplier of building toy-compatible custom weapons, weapons packs, and mini figures. The first mini-figure weapons -- including the Battle Axe and Auger Shotgun, as well as in-game items -- will be available later this fall.

“As gamers to the core, we’ve never outgrown the excitement of seeing our video games come to life,” said Dusty Welch, CEO of U4iA. “We’ve gone to great lengths to create some of the most fantastic weapons ever in a first-person-shooter. Now, we’re doubling up the fun by creating replicas of these weapons specifically designed for mini-figures. We love the work BrickArms does and believe our fans will be equally thrilled when they see some of their favorite BrickArms weapons available in Offensive Combat.”

“BrickArms fans are always on the lookout for new and exciting weapons with ‘crossover’ appeal,” said Will Chapman, founder of BrickArms LLC. “To play a game like Offensive Combat online, and then turn around and play with dutifully recreated toy replica weapons in their mini-figure scaled world, is unprecedented. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to bring these high-quality toys to life, and I know they will be a hit.”

Currently in closed beta, Offensive Combat features some of the most competitive multiplayer action ever seen within a web browser, enabling players to harness their skills and use their creativity and ingenuity to win the ultimate mash-up of first-person-shooters. The innovative gameplay and console-quality graphics, guided by industry veterans from Activision, Sony, and the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises, offer an irreverent take on first-person-shooter archetypes, weapons and themes, including futuristic sci-fi, modern military, and surreal fantasy settings, among others. Offensive Combat will open up its beta program this fall. In the meantime, players can sign up at http://www.offensivecombat.com for a chance to enter the closed beta."

IMHO this axe will be the best one I know.

Agreed. The detail on that axe is superb! I especially like the little nicks on the blades. I can see myself picking up quite a few for my dwarves.

Never heard of Offensive Combat, but these look like some great customs! The axe would nicely compliment some LOTR Dwarves, and the guns would be good for villains/henchman in Superheroes. :classic: