Fugazi

The Unofficial LEGO Collectors Guide RAFFLE

A hard question indeed, but I would have to say set #6990 Futuron Monorail. Such a classic and memorable space set, but really hard to find cheaply these days.

Good luck everybody! :sweet:

A hard question, I'd choose the whole vault. But seeing as I can't, I would choose 6041 Armor shop. Just because I love blacksmith sets and I could never get that one.

As difficult as it is to choose (some of the leisure houses, as well as classic space, pirates, and castle sets are so tempting), I'd actually have to go with 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise. I know it's not the best choice as far as price value goes, but I remember having so much fun with that set as a kid. I was born in 1989, and though I have taken on much "fake" nostalgia for sets that were around before I was born, sometimes real nostalgia trumps that. :classic: I remember having fun with a lot of MOCs, too, and sets that I have most of the parts from, but this set was different. Plus, I no longer have some of the pieces.

Oh man, this is hard. After much thought, I'd have to choose set 6270 from the Pirates line, Forbidden Island (1989).

There are 2 sets that mark 2 different periods in my "Lego life".

Unfortunately i had none of them but i will definetely someday...!

The 5571 Giant Truck (bricklink) because it is the most detailed car model ever TLG produced (it's so detailed and realistic that you could consider it custom made!) &

the 8386 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:10 (bricklink) cause it's the most beatiful car model ever TLG produced! (beautiful as a formula car for kids should look like!)

Edited by ZetoVince

My choice would have to be the 497 Galaxy Explorer, followed by the 483 Alpha-1 Rocket Base. Both are nostalgia personified for me, as they are the two sets I remember most fondly from my younger years. If somebody had nabbed both of those, I'd have to choose the 6399 Airport Shuttle, simply because it's monorail and town - what more could you want?

I would pick 4549 Container Double Stack. Missed out on this set in its prime, but also never saw this in a store either. Some day it will be mine! [insert evil laugh here]

I think I would choose the Yellow Castle, the very starting point of all things Lego Castle. I remember from childhood how I used to look at a picture of the set from some old battered piece of catalogue. It was such an excitingly primitive idea that once the walls had been yellow and even the horses had been brickbuilt. Another possibility would be a much later set, Siskind's Blacksmith Shop from 2002, which is a beautiful creation and paved the way for the Medieval Market Village and such. But I have already built my own Blacksmith Shop from bricklinked parts, so the Yellow Castle would be preferable.

Edited by Haltiamieli

My choice is 10184 Town Plan. Saw this on vactaion, but didn't have enough space in the suitcase to buy it. And after that, it was never seen again. It is very difficult to choose just one set, I had the first 3 modulars in mind, Airport Shuttle, trains... basically everything. :tongue:

I'd go for the 924 space transporter because when I finally saved enough money to buy it, it was not available anymore...

Hmm, a very tough choice! I know I would debate about what to pick forever... But the set that pops into my mind right now (assuming we're not talking resale value!) is the 6991 Monorail Transport Base; ever since I saw that in a small catalog as a kid (I think the set was already out of production), that's been my dream set. I will get it some day!

Or maybe a kit of Automatic Binding Bricks. I hear they have some really odd colored 2x4 bricks, which I love. I'd have to look through Istok's catalog to get a good idea of what might be in the vault. ;)

Top 3, 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina, 10123 Cloud City and 10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon

Probably go with 10179 though :blush:

Many thanks to all of you who have already entered the raffle! :sweet:

Please take note: For each quiz question answered you are granted one more chance in the draw. If you answered one or two questions, feel free to go back and attempt to answer the others as well!

Hmmmm, I think I would pick the 8480 Technic Space Shuttle.

Many years ago I had the choice to get the 8480 Space Shuttle or the 8880 Super Car, and I took the latter. The 8480 Shuttle is a must-have for technic fans and is still missing in my collection.

I would pick the good old classic batcave. You get everything you could possibly need in a set. Famous superheroes, Famous vilians, Playfeatures, A batski, Penguin droids etc. All in all a fantastic set :wub:

I would pick something that I know would be a valued part of my collection so would go with the Black Seas Barracuda as it was my favourite childhood set.

At first I would have selected a Cafe Corner or London Bridge but then it comes "The Black Knights' Castle" to mind. As the set which made me get in love with Lego. :classic:

I would go with 6085 Black Monarchs Castle. I absolutely love that set. To get a NIB copy would be unbelievable! :classic: