Fugazi

The Unofficial LEGO Collectors Guide RAFFLE

I would ask for 6211- Imperial Star Destroyer to give to my brother, as he had the chance to get it when it first came out and didn't. It's haunted him ever since.

Does a case/box (whichever has more) Series 1 Collectable Minifigs count as a set? If not, probably Market Street, as I'm currently trying to piece together Cafe Corner (I think I'm on month 3).

Does a case/box (whichever has more) Series 1 Collectable Minifigs count as a set?

Yes, why not! :classic:

If I had a choice between these two LEGO Town sets from the DIVERS subtheme,

I'd either go with:

The 1782 Discovery Station:

1782-1.jpg

OR...

The 6560 Diving Expedition Explorer:

6560-1.jpg

...But if I were to pick just one, it would be 6560 Diving Expedition Explorer because it includes a large boat (the largest boat in the entire subtheme), a mini-sub, a raft, a seascape to explore, a crew consisting of four scuba divers, a boat captain, and a mini-sub pilot, as well as diving gear, and some sea creatures including sharks, stingrays, and octopuses. other features include a skeleton Conquistador guarding some sunken treasure.

That is very difficult to decide only ONE set to choose from.

I always wanted Skull's Eye Schooner growing up. It is the only Pirate ship I didn't have from the early 90s. I started to bricklink it, but never finished. I think I would become very giddy if I was able to unbox that and build it fresh from the box.

Also, PM sent for the question answers.

Great idea for the raffle.

I would choose the "Yellow Castle" because I really enjoy the castle theme and appreciate this particular sets history within this LEGO theme.

I would choose 6987 Message Intercept Base. I love this set since my childhood, and it's nearly impossible to get.

Or if I could get unreleased sets, I would get the set my avatar is in. (It's a proto-Aquazone minifig.)

Edited by petamas

I think I'll add a few replies now and then so that folks who win, will get to see and know some of the REALLY valuable LEGO items that they never knew about before....

I would choose this item.... a 1957-58 Opel Kapitän 1:87 scale LEGO car (for the Town Plan system).... worth in excess of $4000, there are only about 8-10 known. Seen on the box top of EVERY 1958-60 LEGO Basic set... I questioned the Billund Archives about it... and found out it was only produced in yellow, red and orange... in very few numbers... most getting out of the company, after the decision was made NOT to put them into production. Just one of many items in the "LEGO Sets/Parts Never Put Into Production" chapter...... default_blink.gif

7764014582_5e391f6ed9_z.jpg

10196 Grand Carousel because someday after our town isn't so pathetically small, we're going to add an amusement park with working rides and gocarts!:)

Here's one I would love to have...

On USA Samsonite retailer reorder forms it's known as "470472"... with 472 being the set number.

What this is, is a box of 72 LEGO Town Plan era 1:87 cars that come in their own small clear plastic garage, and sealed with a paper wrapper (much like USA 100 $1 bills are sealed with a band when coming from the bank). These are called "banderoles".

A 1:87 car with garage and sealed with a banderole is worth about $150-$200 each (or more, depending on the rarity of the color of the vehicle). So a sealed box of 72 of these would be worth in excess of $10,000!!!!

7766683166_3f1e608bf6.jpg

(NOTE: This individual image is from a 1964 USA Sears catalog, and lists they type of cars that could be found in the garages.)

I would choose the 10134 UCS Y-Wing Attack Starfighter because I ever like this starfighter, one of the strongest and usefull starfighter for the Rebel Alliance.

10134.jpg

The choice was tough between CC, GG, the Grand Carousel, Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower and this, but I would pick set #852293, the Castle Giant Chess Set. I didn't play chess when it was in stores, so I missed out on it, and it's been tearing me apart ever since.