Fugazi

The Unofficial LEGO Collectors Guide RAFFLE

Hmm, I :wub: 10184 Town Plan so to go with it I would choose 810 U.K. Town Plan from 1963 to be it's mini-me so to speak. :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

OOoooooh, this one's tough. I'm not sure if I can narrow it down beyond three (but if a mod tells me I need to do so to have a valid entry, I'll edit this post; FWIW, though, this is already cut down from five). Here goes:

497 / 928 Galaxy Explorer. The "classic" era of LEGO Space holds so much nostalgia, so much emotional weight for me, with its cheerful little spacemen happily exploring the cosmos; something about the theme just evokes pure joy, and somehow symbolizes everything imaginative and creative about this plastic construction toy we all love so much. For me, this set is perhaps the most representative set of this classic theme, and it's one I longed for when I was a kid but never had.

10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon. I dearly, desperately wanted this one, for so many reasons - it's the ultimate official LEGO expression of the single vessel most central to the narrative of the classic original Star Wars trilogy, the ship aboard which nearly all the main Rebel heroes travel in the course of the trilogy, one that represents adventure and excitement and all the things Star Wars is about; it's the ultimate parts pack, featuring desirable elements in rare or unique colors, or with unique prints, on top of simply having literally thousands of parts; it's the single set arguably most central to a LEGO Star Wars collection - and I just couldn't afford it at any time within its original availability timeframe.

The LEGO Brickmaster 2008 San Diego Comic-Con Indiana Jones exclusive. Design-wise and part-wise it's perhaps not a particularly notable set, featuring no exclusive elements, and a model with perhaps a less coherent, cohesive design than some others, based upon the source material only in a loose way, but because of the latter I value it for its more imaginative quality, like sort of an extension of the official LEGO theme into the Indy "expanded adventures" not delved into in the other sets; it also works as both a parts pack and an Ugha army builder, and (aside from certain "extended line" items like magnets and keychains, if they count as sets) it's the only official set I didn't manage to get in the Indiana Jones theme, one very near and dear to my heart.

I would pick the UCS Star Destroyer, just for it's awsome modding potential. I would add tiny lights all over it. What a perfect model that could be.

What a hard choice, I think I'd have to go with the USC Falcon. While I have no where to display it, it's one amazing set.

I missed so many cool sets during my dark ages :-(

But since I am growing more and more fond of Lego Technic it would be the 8880 Super Car

Well...I'd have to go with 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon. I love Lord of the Rings, Superheroes, and Star Wars, but with the former two themes I can easily get all of the sets I want. 10179 is simply a dream that I'd love to have come true. :wink:

I'm not sure if I can narrow it down beyond three (but if a mod tells me I need to do so to have a valid entry, I'll edit this post; FWIW, though, this is already cut down from five).

It's all right, you're in! :wink:

I would choose set 310-5 Esso Filling Station. That's the first set I remember receiving as Christmas present (around 1960, or so), and even though I still have some of the pieces, they are not very usable any longer...

As for Gary's "Unofficial LEGO Collectors Guide", I can definitely recommend it - I bought his first version (1 CD + 1 CD bonus pictures) in 2006, and it's full of interesting information and pictures. I can imagine it will be quite a lot bigger now...

At first, I thought I would have wanted one of the monorail sets (maybe 6991-1: Monorail Transport Base, I really wanted that as a child :wub:)

But then I saw this post....

Hmm, this was a surprisingly difficult question to answer actually, but I think I'll have to go with the 4000001-1 LEGO Inside Tour 2011 set.

And I totally want that set too, so I'm going to go with 4000001-1 Moulding Machines as well :drool:

the 10179 MF is definitely the most amazing set for me, and unfortunately I didn't get one.

I would choose Town Plan. I love the classic H0 train feel to it and all the little cars and 2-dimentional trees. Love the base, everything about the set is just so cute.

I am a nostalgic Lego Trains fan and I've never had this one when I was a child (and never will since the typical collector's prices), so this would be my pick:

7740-1: Inter-City Passenger Train Set

7740-1.jpg

Its so hard to decide but I would have to go for the 1526 Space set (probably the rarest Space set on the planet, it may not have even been released). Or if that set doesn't count because its unreleased, I would have to go with the Futuron Monorail Transport System (only Futuron set I dont even pretend that I own/can build from my collection and definatly up there as one of the greatest Space sets of all time)

My choice for a LEGO set would be the old yellow 4554 Metro Station. It is just so good looking. :wub:

That question is so hard to answer! There are so many great sets that I would love to get from the LEGO Vault.

If I had to choose just one I guess I'd go with 10185 Green Grocer. It's just a wonderful set that I missed out on (along with Cafe Corner) and I would love to add it to my modular collection. Some very close seconds would be: 3450 Statue of Liberty, 10182 Cafe Corner, 10189 Taj Mahal, and 10020 Santa Fe Super Chief.

- The Brick is Epic