Sign in to follow this  
Bricktooth

Alternative staff for Loki

Hi everybody!

As you might know, the staff the official Loki fig comes with resembles his staff from Thor, not the one from The Avengers. As I need an Avengers version of Loki, what alternative staff piece would you recommend using?

I think because questions like this don't really deserve a thread of its own, this forum should have a general questions topic like the one in the Star Wars forum. It would make the forum much more organized. Please consider this, mods!

Thanks in advance for advice.

For my Loki staff, I took the little knife thing out of the top of the staff and put in a little blue Missle kind of piece. I'm not sure what it is called..but I took it off of the flick fire missles of the shield jet in hulks helicarrier breakout. So, if you have that set, it's any easy switch. It looks quite nice too, and I think it is more accurate.

Elrond's staff doesn't look like it at all...

I'd do what Luna did, that's what I did with mine.

-Sci

I think because questions like this don't really deserve a thread of its own, this forum should have a general questions topic like the one in the Star Wars forum. It would make the forum much more organized. Please consider this, mods!

I've thought about it since first reading your suggestion. I think one reason it works in the Star Wars forum is because it's a single license. With this forum being the home of so many different themes, I think questions such as yours might be better off in the News and Discussion thread of the appropriate license or in an entirely new thread if it's something that might generate good discussion.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Thanks for the suggestions! I probably won't get the Elrond figure, so that staff is out of the question until the staff is released in another set, so I guess I'll have to use the version with the blue piece on the top. It is still far from perfect, the biggest problem being it has two forks instead of one, but it's better than the current one.

*snip*

Can I suggest this ?

Do they make that angled light saber hilt in gold plastic?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted picture.

Hmm... actually. I just came up with something.

Get Count Dooku's hilt (curved silver) and put a 3L bar (spray paint gold?) in one side, and make this piece cutting the staff:

LokiStaff1.png

Put the blue missile piece in the middle of the staff, then put the staff piece in the other side of the Dooku lightsaber hilt.

Not the best, but..

EDIT: The final product wouldn't look like this IRL, but it'd look something like THIS.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Nice solution! I think it is a bit bulkier than it should be, but I don't see how it could be made smaller. As I don't own neither the 1x4 bar and the angled lightsaber hilt in gold, itis out of the question for me, but it can be useful for those who own those parts.

While I don't condone the cutting of LEGO :tongue:, I saw someone who cut one of the prongs of his current staff off and had the suggested blue bulb in there.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I cut one of the blades as shown above, painted both silver, bent the staff slightly at the end and put the suggested blue missile piece in, looks pretty near perfect IMO :sweet:

I cut one of the blades as shown above, painted both silver, bent the staff slightly at the end and put the suggested blue missile piece in, looks pretty near perfect IMO :sweet:

That sounds neat! :classic: Would you post a picture?

Hey, it does look pretty cool! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing.

I agree PP it does look pretty good!

I think the best purist solution is simply putting the blue bulb in :thumbup:

Thanks, I'd usually go for purist but as with all sets purchased you end up with 5 of those staffs I felt like experimenting :tongue:

These alternate designs look great, I had a problem with the inaccurate staff in the sets, so I'm gonna try one of these designs out. Thanks for the ideas.

I colored silver than gold and added a bulb that's blue. Then you could also take a gold light saber bland add a altered light saber hilt from 2011 ninjago then underneath a exo force robot hand with a silver droid arm that holds the blaster upright then colored a regular droid arm silver and put them both on the robot hand. Then I put a clear stud on the side of the hilt facing the droid arms and sharpies it blue. For the gold light saber blade I used a broken mega bloks torch staff. (it was more convenient). The second one looks closer to the movie than the first. P.s. for the top of the staff on the first, the prongs to be precise, I left silver.