Sign in to follow this  
Rolli

A dangerous mutation.

There are elementals and there are elementals. True. On the one hand we have earth and sky, on the other water and fire. But what about the breeds or mutations of these 4 elements? The true danger lies in them as they combine various elements..

I hereby present my entry for Challenge IV, a ravaging decay elemental:

7723788624_ce87d6989a_c.jpg

My elemental has the power to decay earth and flora and fauna, to resurrect the dead and to age creatures. I wanted to create a monster looking like it was made out of levitating rock pieces. Two shots of the elemental:

7723791780_5245c05291_c.jpg

7723791350_f64a65f0d7_c.jpg

Once colored dark green, the elemental managed to slowly decay the alloying of the roof as well as the wooden structure of the building. It is a slow process so there are different stadia of decaying. (Yes, there had to be cheese slopes! :blush: ) - two shots:

7723791096_faa2913dd4_z.jpg

7723790410_26d78ddd9e_z.jpg

"Oh no! My hair is grey! Am I aging? Holy christ!"

7723790644_2a50570c55_c.jpg

The elemental resurrects the dead..

7723790210_55755b2ab5_c.jpg

7723789634_4e0a92135c_c.jpg

..and also decays the local fauna. This tree still has some life:

7723788926_cbe40d70a8_c.jpg

Your only chance to survive: Flee!

7723789374_9b67135851_c.jpg

Finally a shot of my olive tree concept:

7723789924_3921ca2d9a_c.jpg

Comments and critique appreciated.

Best regards!

Edited by Rolli

Genuinely scary! Run!

Great concept Rolli. the elemental reminds me of the Terminator skeleton, the effect with the trans tiles leaving the rocks floating is superb. As always, a very nice use of the signature cheese slopes, your colour use is remarkable on the roof and throughout the build. I'm not sure I picked up on the micro component, but I really like this. Well done!

:classic:

Edited by robuko

I'm not sure I picked up on the micro component, but I really like this. Well done!

:classic:

Ah, my fault. There is indeed a micro component but behind the elemental. And i forgot to photograph it seperately, so here's a shot from my phone:

9f84d3cedfb711e19f8e22000a1d0105_7.jpg

Not much and limited by the tight space.

Edited by ZCerberus
Insert Photo

Interesting idea for the elemental :thumbup: I like how not all of him is there, fits with the kind of elemental he is.

Good work on the trees and house too :classic:

Very unique idea Rolli! I think that you have outdone your roof technique with this one! THe staggered look that you have in here tops your previous roof builds, and those were amazing to begin with!

I like that first photo where parts of the elemental look like it is floating.

The decay effects are also very cool. The roof is awesomesauce.

It always seems like there is one really awesome aspect in all your MOCs. it has to be the decaying roof on the house in this one!!

I do wish we got one higher up "overview" shot of the MOC for this entry.

I hate to sound like a corporate recruiter, but way to think outside the box!

Your clever concept and design for your Elemental is perhaps my favorite part. And, of course, your mastery of cheese slopes is really becoming your signature touch! Oh, and I'm totally stealing the olive tree design. :tongue:

Good luck!

And when I have thought I've seen the best I come across yet another amazing entry! I really like your elemental idea and how you brought your concept to life! Great job!default_thumbup.gif

That house is great! I love the roof, and the minifig arms for the eyebrows of your monster is genius.

Me too. The elemental looks very good as well - just what you would think a decaying elemental should look like! :thumbup:

Great scene. Love the face of your elemental and the roof of your building.

Hail Avalonia!

A great twist combining the four elements! :thumbup: That roof is just so good looking! Looks so natural! :classic: Very good looking base and those zombies looks fearsome!

Glad you had time to enter! :thumbup:

Wonderful olive tree. Also you are master of the cheese. Very good concept.

A very interesting entry Rolli, that's a brilliant idea to merge different types of elementals to create something unexpected. I love the roof design and the colour gradations, nice to see those olive cheese slopes get a run already! :thumbup: The decay elemental design is pretty sweet too. One area that i think could have been better thought out though is your overall composition - at the moment the placement of things looks a bit haphazard. The microscale component is a perfect example - stuck behind your elemental it is pretty much invisible in the main pic. Anyway, nice work and best of luck! :classic:

Edited by gabe

Really nice. You've used Matze's cheeswedges very well. Am I able to see this in real before you go abroad?

Edited by konze

The elemental is really well done, I like how it seems he is picking up rocks from the landscape until he has enough for a whole body. The first shot is really great and does give the sense of all the rocks levitating.

The house roof is absolutely gorgeous, even if it is decaying. I also really like the small tree made out of the dino tails- it is so simple but works so well.

The micro is a little hard to make out with where it was placed, it may have been better slightly over to the left between the elemental and the house. There is a perfect spot in the first photo that it would have been seen a little more.

Really great job overall :thumbup: