Sign in to follow this  
Hyler Talliwell

Whirlwind Assault

The air elemental has come to Nocturnus by storm! Sweeping up all in it's path, it has set loose other tornadoes to wreak even more destruction. S'dak'l'vil'th and his men are trying to save the village of Oorok from destruction. Fire is a bad choice with which to battle a tornado. default_hmpfbad.gif Who will win?!?

7721744240_d2c43d53e3_c.jpg

003 by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

7721744122_64a3623a4f_c.jpg

002 by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

The elemental!

7721743938_75574eaeb4.jpg

001 by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

Here you see a small hamlet in the background being ravaged by another tornado.

7721744440_247349092c.jpg

005 by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

S'dak'l'vil'th tries in vain to stop the elemental with magic as his men are swept up in whirlwinds.

7721762070_68078be493.jpg

008 by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

Ooooo, scary! default_sick.gif

7721767972_ea1f5cec06.jpg

009 by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

Above. His men are getting swept up!

My video doesn't want to embed, so here is a link. Sorry. http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfKuq8vi1qQ&feature=player_detailpage

I really wanted to use power functions for this and was luckily able to do so. Sadly, Zcerberus made an incredibly awesome creation using power functions as well, so my thunder was stolen. Alas. Lastly, LOTR brought great parts for Nocturnus. I love them muchly.

Edited by ZCerberus
Embed Youtube

Wow! Great build Tyler...the size of the elemental makes him very imposing, and the movement is wonderful!

Wow! Great build Tyler...the size of the elemental makes him very imposing, and the movement is wonderful!

Thanks! I really wish the video would embed, but oh well. Link!

Cool action!

I like the flying pig the best.

I like that the action is so fast it pictures with the blur, that is a really nice touch.

Looks like you need another light source on the photos, but the angles are great.

Good entry!

fantastic ;)

and spooky

I love the idea, cow in the air and the video is great fit ;)

good luck

That elemental is impressive! I like how the bottom of him is the tornado :thumbup: The movement is really cool and I don't think ZCerberus' build with PF lessens the coolness of this one :classic:

That is an awesomely huge elemental! The whole scene looks great but I wish you had just a little bit more going on with the terrain. The action you captured is awesome. The cow is my favorite. Like Z mentioned, your pic's would have been better with another light source. It would remove the big shadow of your elemental. :thumbup:

Love the whirl wind! the elemental is great looking and do you have led lights in the eyes?

great job as usual!

And here I thought there was a chance you wouldn't make it in time. JK :tongue:

I love the enormity of this beast. His glowing eyes add the spookiness. But the power functions or excellent, and are very interesting to view in the photos.

Excellent build!

Your elemental is enormous! I love the way the bottom half is spinning and blurred in your picture. The flying animals are a nice touch too. Great job!

Love the whirl wind! the elemental is great looking and do you have led lights in the eyes?

great job as usual!

Lego yellow lights, from Prince of Persia sets.

That is an awesomely huge elemental! The whole scene looks great but I wish you had just a little bit more going on with the terrain. The action you captured is awesome. The cow is my favorite. Like Z mentioned, your pic's would have been better with another light source. It would remove the big shadow of your elemental. :thumbup:

The landscape and pictures would have been better if I hadn't been on vacation and almost run out of time. The vacation was worth it though. default_laugh_new.gif

I like the blurred, yet still, picture of the spinning. Great use of motors. Lovely.

Wow, this guy is scary. And he is a cow snatcher!

Very nice build Tyler, all that spinny trans action is really cool. It suits the Power Functions motion very well. The elemetal would be awesome even if he wasn't spinning. Great entry!

:classic:

Very interesting. Stumbled over this on my flickr stream tonight and instantly was amazed by this great execution! I love the bits and pieces (the cow!) flying through the air!

The power function in this really put this build over the top. You elemental was already impressive and terrifying without being able to spin around, and now he can!

I'm loving the cow swept up in the winds!

Great work. Good luck!

Nice entry! I thnk this MOC might be the best in capturing the action!default_thumbup.gif And super cool elemental!

You can really feel the tornado feel! So nice and funny to see the different minifigs and animals you put in the air! :tongue:

A really creative entry, I love the concept and execution of it.

Good Luck. :thumbup:

Whoa, this is an amazing idea translated perfectly into LEGO, well done on a great build Tyler, just awesome. Your builds get better every time I see a new one. :thumbup:

Very cool elemental - the still shots of it's spinning action and spooky eyes is very effective! :devil: The action showing the people and animals getting caught up in the tornado is well done too and adds a lot of vibrancy to the scene. :thumbup: The only think that feels a little odd is the inclusion of arms on the elemental - to me they look a bit blocky and tacked on, and i think it would have looked just as menancing without them. Removing the arms might have given you more room to show your microscale too.

Anyway, sweet job, best of luck! :classic:

Very cool elemental - the still shots of it's spinning action and spooky eyes is very effective! :devil: The action showing the people and animals getting caught up in the tornado is well done too and adds a lot of vibrancy to the scene. :thumbup: The only think that feels a little odd is the inclusion of arms on the elemental - to me they look a bit blocky and tacked on, and i think it would have looked just as menancing without them. Removing the arms might have given you more room to show your microscale too.

Anyway, sweet job, best of luck! :classic:

The arms are what held the elemental up and allowed the bottom half to spin. Without them, none of the creation would have been possible. So removing them may not have been a good choice. default_laugh_new.gif

The arms are what held the elemental up and allowed the bottom half to spin. Without them, none of the creation would have been possible. So removing them may not have been a good choice. default_laugh_new.gif

Ah, i see! I had just assumed that you had some kind of axle supporting it from below. Shows what i know about this power functions malarky! :blush: