Angeli

Waterdeep

Beauty IS terror to every Drow :)

Just imagine the hell that Drow fire angel is going trough: spring time, trees are blossoming, birds are singing happy, calming sound of waterfall and good mood allaround - oh, a horror. I think Drow from this outpost are actually happy that elemental attack occured :) And about the action, that Drow playing cards is doing some serious action with those aces ;)

And about tall-nes - I am not that tall (184cm), but I do use a chair here and there ;) In this castle cloud can be detached, so it is easy to put it on withouth a chair.

About the price - all 1x1 and 1x2 trans clear are from two PaB cups that I acquired trough friends from Historica - 15$ each + something more for the shipping. So, not hundreds of dollars, less then 50 :) And I haven't even used them all :)

All other trans 1x1 are acquired trough the same way

About the scale: here are few pictures with my little helper; she is 180 cm tall

scale-01t.jpg

scale-02t.jpg

at this moment she said: "ok, enough of possing, can I play a little?" and "This cloud could be better, let me show you" :)

scale-03t.jpgscale-04t.jpg

scale-05t.jpg

I think I've been blessed (like you said, Siercon & Coral), because she does not like lego so much, but she always buys me sets for birthdays, new years and similar occasions; and when the deadlines are close, she helps a lot. Even though our converstion goes like this:

She: "Ivan, what are you doing?"

"I am looking at girls on the internet"

"No, you are not, you are looking at lego, admit it" :)))

with new pictures, if someone wants to change the height guess, go ahead :)

btw, if two of you guess, you will not split the prize, you will both get full amount ;)

180 cm tall? little helper? I am only 154default_laugh_new.gif

my changed guess now that I have looked a bit more is 1.185 metres (i couldn't decide weather or not it was 1.18 or 1.19)

does it need to be exact or is there a margin?

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

With each new location that you create, you're advancing the beauty and complexity of those cities of yours :cry_happy:

I agree that this is, without question, one of your most beautiful builds to date :wub:

If it weren't for the Drow Fire Angel being about to justify his name, I wouldn't believe that this is supposed to be under attack. The Elemental itself is outright gorgeous and probably only just appeared at the scene, without the chance to cause too much havoc - but I'm sure he'll get to that in no time :devil:

The most impressive aspect probably is the tree and I won't be surprised if, right now, the prices for white leafs have jumped through the roof - thanks to you creating a new rise in demand :poke:

As for the height of it, I'd estimate it to clock in at about 1.36m

One of my favourites!!!

The white trees, the transclear constructions, the girl, ... all just stunning!!!

There's a really big difference with your previous builds :classic:

oh, and my guess: 1.21 m

Edited by DaMaximus

Wow! That's a really impressive build - quite a work of art! :thumbup: I love the palace part - it's gorgeous.

Let's see. . . I'd say it's 1.23 meters tall - really though, I don't have any idea (it's just huge, that's all :laugh: )

Awesome build :D Love the clouds and the velvet feel the water portrays. Very cool! :)

Sigh wish we could see it in person some time.

I would have to guess that the build is.... 1.38113207547 Meters tall. ;)

I love all the shapes you have going on in there. Its my favourite build of yours so far. That first photo I thought there was violet/blue in it too. I love the way that is lit! And I am very envious of your white tree leaves :laugh:

Wonderful work!!! Gorgeous, really impressive .... It's a sin cannot vote :((

Dude, it must be a major challenge photographing your work - everything is so insanely huge! :laugh: This has to be my favourite of all your creations so far - all those curving techniques and shimmering textures is really mesmerising. :thumbup: With all of the details, it can certainly be hard to spot the action though. Brilliant work and best of luck! :classic:

ps. I guess 1.39m btw, and about 15kg at least!

Thank you so much for nice comments ;)

Yup, it is nightmare for photographing, especially with all that red and black plus not I have trans and white :) But I think we managed to show the spirit of the fantasy land covered with water, and the dept (or height) of the creation:

city-02t.jpgcity-03t.jpg

180 cm tall? little helper? I am only 154default_laugh_new.gif

my changed guess now that I have looked a bit more is 1.185 meters (i couldn't decide weather or not it was 1.18 or 1.19)

does it need to be exact or is there a margin?

no margin ;) the closest one wins ;) and do not worry, this is genetic thing, girls from my region tend to be tall, I am only few cm taller then she

Would it be alright if I use this as my featured MOC on my website this week?

of course, no problem, and for all others and similar questions, you can use any moc, design, story, minifig, name or anything else regarding lego, made from me, in any way you like :)

TLG contacted me and asked "could we please please use Drow concept for the lotr ringwraith?" and I've told them the same :P

(no, just joking, never happened (of course:))

LEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-Ringwraith.jpg

I will leave height guessing open for few more days. If any of you guys are passing trough Belgrade contact me, as Waterdeep will be shown for next week or more in one Lego-related action, so it can be seen live. I can promise you that pictures do not do it justice :)

Edited by Angeli

I think its just under 123 bricks tall so 1.17m

I'm guessing... 1.19 meters? :)

Nice creation! Lots of different things to look at... you could spend hours discovering all the hidden details :)

Gotta love those white leaves ;)

Angeli said:

"I asked my girlfriend to relay this msg, and she was kind enough to do so: The height of the Waterdeep is 1.43 cm, so:

(my guess: 1.44m)

Rolli! :) I see you do not have a title yet, and if guildleaders allow it, and if you want it, "High-scout" title is yours :) You have sharp eyes ;) And I will be contacting you over this profile for your shipping address :) Congratulation! :)

btw, if I've missed someone who also said 1.44 or 1.43 (or 1.42), please contact me, and we will send double prizes :)Thank you for playing! :)