Sign in to follow this  
shmails

MOC: The Warriors - Cyrus Speech

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

It has been a while since my last movie scene, so here is a big one for ya!

7713347840_51a8583dc8.jpg

7713345856_a24b1d88d9.jpg

Can You Dig It!!!

This is the opening scene of the Warriors where Cyrus gets shot. It is one of the greatest movie monologues of all time.

fun facts:

number of minifigures in moc: 292

number of gangs: 36

number of shmails custom figures: 143

More photos here

"Can you count, suckas?"

Enjoy!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

So nice to see one of my all-time favourite movies merged with my all-time favourite hobby. :sweet:

Nice job. :thumbup:

I haven't seen this film, but after watching the speech I now want to. I think you did a very good job with your moc, it seems to capture the fell of the scene quite well. :thumbup:

This is the opening scene of the Warriors where Cyrus gets shot. It is one of the greatest movie monologues of all time. Check it out here if you do not know the scene: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdBdIvwM6ww" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdBdIvwM6ww</a>

You can't use html on this board, but you can imbed youtube videos like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdBdIvwM6ww"[/media]

Or by using this button in the reply form: media.png

Thanks everyone, glad you like it! Sorry about the HTML, I copy and pasted from Flickr. If you want to see the scene just go to youtube and search "Cyrus Speech".

Impressive collection of figs.

Nice dio.

My favorite scene;

"Warriors. Come out and play-i-aiii..."

Other quotes;

"You see, what you get when you mess with the Orphans?"

"You Warriors are good. Real good.". "The best."

Other really cool scenes; The bathroom fight with the scaters, in the metro. Well, that and the chase and fight with the Baseball Furies.

Simply too much goodness for just a single underrated movie! :blush:

Impressive collection of figs.

Nice dio.

My favorite scene;

"Warriors. Come out and play-i-aiii..."

Other quotes;

"You see, what you get when you mess with the Orphans?"

"You Warriors are good. Real good.". "The best."

Other really cool scenes; The bathroom fight with the scaters, in the metro. Well, that and the chase and fight with the Baseball Furies.

Simply too much goodness for just a single underrated movie! :blush:

Thanks, I agree with everything you said. I lived in NYC when this was filmed, although very young. The Furies scene was shot in my section of Riverside Park (even though the subway said 96th street it was actually 72nd street) and my mom worked for Grand Central Station in Public Affairs so it was her job to oversee movie shoots in the stations. She was there for the filming of the skater scenes! I love everything about this film from beginning to end!

This is great! Such a cult film, it's been the source of many samples used in hip-hop and jungle choons.

I could go dizzy trying to identify everyone in this diorama. Do I see The Warriors themselves near the top-right of the last pic?

Pennas2000 - Thanks, I drew all the decals myself. The decals are not for sale, but I do have a few extra Warrior figs. Feel free to send me a message if you are interested.

Gnac - Yep, all nine Warriors are in the scene, as well as custom figs for the AC Turnbulls, The Lizzies, The Rogues, Riffs, Punks, Hi Hats, and Boppers. See them all here Thanks so much!

ahahah great :)

the younger ones will not know what is this all about (warriors, come to plaaaay " :)))