Hinckley

FABULAND Builders Guild: Firuz Fox

builders_guild.gif

Hey kiddies,

Here's another creation from my FABULAND Builders Guild collection:

001.jpg

Firuz Fox is FABULAND's resident Alchemist. He mixes his concoctions and consults FABULAND's public on how to stay healthy in the FABULAND Apothecary. He sells his remedies and gives healthy living advice every day, but the people of FABULAND can't help but be suspicious of the mysterious and clever Alchemist. There are rumors that strange glows appear through the windows, late at night, illuminating the multi-colored bottles in the windows...

003.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

020.jpg

Check out the full gallery on BrickZone.net or Flickr.

I am getting ready for a FABULAND Mafia game later this month, so I'm refurbishing some of my older FABULAND MOCs. This one is an update of Dempsey Dog's Bookstore:

dempsey_02.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

:wub: Hinckley. Yet again you've managed to give Fabuland a dark and sophisticated look, but still retain that quirky Fabuland feel. :wub:

And I can't wait for the Mafia, I can see a Baritones style Mafia, with Fabuland buildings! :wub:

So awesome. My favorite is the room with the grinding chalice (why can't I think of the right word) and the basket :wub:

This is TO cool.

Just want to add that the chandelier is great, I've seen it done a few times with wagon wheels but using that waterwheel side (really I forgot another word?) looks perfect.

That's gorgeous. I like the use of the chest lids on each side of the door!

grinding chalice (why can't I think of the right word)

Mortar and pestle?

YES! Thank you. I don't know why that was escaping my mind. :wall:

:laugh: Probably because it's not a common household item. I wasn't even sure I had it right until I looked it up. And before I looked it up I had no idea which one was which. The mortar is the bowl. The pestle is the crushy thing, in this case, I just used the Collectable Minifig paintbrush.

:laugh: Probably because it's not a common household item. I wasn't even sure I had it right until I looked it up. And before I looked it up I had no idea which one was which. The mortar is the bowl. The pestle is the crushy thing, in this case, I just used the Collectable Minifig paintbrush.

I have one sitting on my counter right now! That's the sad part. :laugh:

Oh, I love this :wub:. Such awesomeness, both on the outside and inside. The detailing on the facade is just :wub_drool:. Yeah, I can't find a suitable word... Nice use of the turntable bases. I was puzzled by the curvy brown thingies on the sides of the door though. They look great there, but what are they?

That's gorgeous. I like the use of the chest lids on each side of the door!

Are they chest lids, really? Which chest lids? I can't make it fit in my head with the regular chest lid, that has studs on top... My mind is going crazy trying to figure this out here :sing:

Very nice creation, Hinckley.

I like the mysterious look and all the details you put in it! :thumbup:

Wow. :wub:

So I guess Firuz will be responsible for all resurrections in your mafia game? (because surely there will be resurrections, right? :wink:)

Are they chest lids, really? Which chest lids? I can't make it fit in my head with the regular chest lid, that has studs on top... My mind is going crazy trying to figure this out here :sing:

It's the lid from the large 4x6 chest, which was originally a Fabuland part.

More beautiful and seamless weaving of FABULAND into a more contemporary build. :wub:

The different shades of green are lovely; the FABULAND roof and the dark green windows, and all the creeping greenery on the sides of the building. The wood panelling effect either side of the doors makes it feel like a well-kept 'olde shoppe' and the different colours for the stonework look so good together. The turntable bases add a great detail to the outside. It's great to see all the different coloured jars and bottles through the window, and the detailing inside once more mixes old FABULAND with newer parts. Lots of detailing!

It's all just... lovely. :wub_drool:

And yes, I spotted the frog(s). :laugh:

AWESOME piece of work 'Hinckley', the interior is wonderful......so when is the Fox getting a call to teach at Hogwarts ? :grin:

Brick On in cute Fabuland 'Hinckley' ! :grin:

Hinck, you have outdone yourself again. And, I certainly love the Fabulastic touch of the chandelier. :wub:

This is great Hinckley. I really love the colors and how they give it such a warm feeling to the building.

The trees and greenery look great along with the stonework. Once again, I love your Fabuland MOCS. :wub:

Look at me! I made the front page! Thanks Rufus! :wub_drool:

So I guess Firuz will be responsible for all resurrections in your mafia game? (because su

Of course! All those bottles are just different colors of resurrection juice! :grin: Every character comes back to life to play again.

Right, never seen that one before. And it only appeared in one set in brown. Now I want some! :drool:

Sorry I wasn't around earlier to clear that up, though I'm glad you've got the answer. It is a great piece, isn't it? I didn't realize it was only in one set in brown! Where'd I get five of them? :look: FABULAND hoarder... That piece was the whole basis for this creation. I've been wanting to use it that way for some time and also thinking FABULAND needed an Apothecary. Voila, I got this!

More beautiful and seamless weaving of FABULAND into a more contemporary build. :wub:

The different shades of green are lovely; the FABULAND roof and the dark green windows, and all the creeping greenery on the sides of the building. The wood panelling effect either side of the doors makes it feel like a well-kept 'olde shoppe' and the different colours for the stonework look so good together. The turntable bases add a great detail to the outside. It's great to see all the different coloured jars and bottles through the window, and the detailing inside once more mixes old FABULAND with newer parts. Lots of detailing!

It's all just... lovely. :wub_drool:

And yes, I spotted the frog(s). :laugh:

Thanks! :look: Frogs? Are there frogs in there? :wink: They're obligatory you know. I have to come up with a new conversion clue. The brown frog will be way too obvious now, don't you think?

Are those fubuland roof pieces that you used for the roof?

They sure are! The full piece comes apart from the base, so that is just the top

Hinck, you have outdone yourself again. And, I certainly love the Fabulastic touch of the chandelier. :wub:

I, of course, was thinking of you when I was building it. Will you be playing The Forest II?

Thanks! :look: Frogs? Are there frogs in there? :wink: They're obligatory you know. I have to come up with a new conversion clue. The brown frog will be way too obvious now, don't you think?

:laugh::sceptic::hmpf_bad:

An awesome MOC! I wish I was around for Fabuland, or had the money to spend on Bricklink, because your MOCs always inspire me. I love the griding used outside (the turning pieces without their turning circles... I know I've seen the technic before, but I still love it in this) and the window up top and in the center is awesome. You must have a blast figuring out how to combine cool effects with small lego pieces and mixing in real bulky Fabuland pieces, and it shows, because it always looks awesome. :thumbup:

And of course, I have high expectations for the Forest II. We all play as Frogs and every time there is a conversion a Fabuland figure appears and brings back four dead players for the Mason who is the only true townie, but also an NPC. Also, everyone has three faces that change every two days and our powers change on nights that are multiples of 2.3. Finally, I HAVE to assume that there will be at least 17 factions, all of whom can convert each night, and votes only count if you proxy them to the "Flexible Feline" first. No player will know who the Flexible Feline is, not even the "Flexible Feline". Also, explosive apples.

And of course, I have high expectations for the Forest II. We all play as Frogs and every time there is a conversion a Fabuland figure appears and brings back four dead players for the Mason who is the only true townie, but also an NPC. Also, everyone has three faces that change every two days and our powers change on nights that are multiples of 2.3. Finally, I HAVE to assume that there will be at least 17 factions, all of whom can convert each night, and votes only count if you proxy them to the "Flexible Feline" first. No player will know who the Flexible Feline is, not even the "Flexible Feline". Also, explosive apples.

At least one of those predictions is accurate.

Really fantastic build. I love how with a few simple pieces you were totally able to pull off a Fabuland build...

I really liked the subtle use of the rounds on the top windows... adds just that little touch of detail :wub:

And it looks super fun to build in Fabuland... Though difficult... I tried some tablescrapes early this year - it did not turn out well :rofl:

So hats off to you! Well done! :thumbup:

This looks absolutely amazing. :wink: I especially liked all the variety of plants and the interior decorations.

I don't have too much to add to what's been said already. I like how you used the dark green windows and especially the transition from the ground floor to the first floor. And there's so much to look at on the inside. The chandelier looks great, especially for such a relatively simple build. A blue orb... :look: but that little basket with the knife and bones upstairs looks most ominous...

Great build Hinck, and great to see the FBG alive and kicking. :drool:

I, of course, was thinking of you when I was building it. Will you be playing The Forest II?

Of course, Hinck! 'Edgar' will be glad to join in the next sequel! :grin: