Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

Capital spaceship XB-13

Before destroying it, I wanted to present you what I've played with when I was young, 15 years ago, and the last thing I've built before entering my dark age...

Behold! the XB-13

(sorry for the not so good pictures, and the dust...)

Some overview pictures

20120804100144.jpg

20120804091317.jpg

20120804100308.jpg

20120804091400.jpg

20120804100426.jpg

20120804091515.jpg

The front cockîts detatch

20120804091653.jpg

The central section open and reveal land vehicle, and access the floor with a ramp

20120804091731.jpg

20120804091829.jpg

The hangar rear doors slide

20120804091949.jpg

The hangar can be opened

20120804092024.jpg

The whole ship's crew

20120804092325.jpg

20120804092351.jpg

The moustached pilot waves goodbye

20120804092513.jpg

Looks like it was a lot of fun to play with! I like all the opening parts, especially the hangar :thumbup:

Enormous ship :classic:

I think it has a good playability with all the removable part :thumbup:

Wow. That's impressive. Like the shape and all the playability on this. Seems a shame to break it up!

It was hard to break it. I've played with it for a few years, and as I said it was the last thing I built before stopping LEGO.

But I need it's part to build something even bigger :sweet:

Need to take a paint brush to that thing and clean it up! *huh*

Need to take a paint brush to that thing and clean it up! *huh*

It(s a 15 years old dust, it's very valuable!! :sweet:

Seriously I haven't the right tools to clean it, and I had to take the photos quickly before destroying it. :sceptic:

For me, a good and soft paint brush with a rather thick profile works well when cleaning up my sailing ship MOC (for some reason, that MOC keeps getting dustier than all my other MOCs).

This is a brilliant design for a childhood MOC (even for an AFOL MOC it would be damn good) and I can see why you kept it together for so long. I'd think twice before I would dismantle it.

It's very impressive that you paid so much attention to corporate design but had the creativity to make something like the asymmetrical front delivery bay for the main rover. Please, do something like this again with those bricks!

Edited by Horry

For me, a good and soft paint brush with a rather thick profile works well when cleaning up my sailing ship MOC (for some reason, that MOC keeps getting dustier than all my other MOCs).

This is a brilliant design for a childhood MOC (even for an AFOL MOC it would be damn good) and I can see why you kept it together for so long. I'd think twice before I would dismantle it.

It's very impressive that you paid so much attention to corporate design but had the creativity to make something like the asymmetrical front delivery bay for the main rover. Please, do something like this again with those bricks!

Thank you.

I need a lot of technic beam to build the UCS SSD I've designed in LDD. But as it won't need my black an red bricks, I may be able to build some more ships :classic:

Very cool you kept it together that long... And I agree with others, brilliant build for 15 years ago.

I'm eagerly awaiting what you'll come up with now :grin:

It(s a 15 years old dust, it's very valuable!! :sweet:

Seriously I haven't the right tools to clean it, and I had to take the photos quickly before destroying it. :sceptic:

You can use a makeup brush to dust your bricks. Thats what I do.

See, this is what I like to see, ancient, caked-on dust between the studs. To me, that's the real Lego!

See, this is what I like to see, ancient, caked-on dust between the studs. To me, that's the real Lego!

I'd prefer it would be less dusty tough :sweet:

Seriously after destroying it piece by piece, my fingers were grey, all covered in dust :grin: