Torgar

Water Elemental Attack on a Mitgardian Outpost

Brego Adalstan has led a trading party to the southern Mitgardian outpost on Tradewind Bay. While gathering supplies for their return to the northern keeps, Brego and his company are attacked by a colossal water elemental, set on destroying the outpost. The intrepid men fight to escape the outpost before it is completely destroyed.

Overview:

7708283034_d99bd81489.jpg

IMG_1221 by Asimon481, on Flickr

7708283152_4b86022eb2.jpg

IMG_1214 by Asimon481, on Flickr

7708283248_d61cd90d8a.jpg

IMG_1212 by Asimon481, on Flickr

The Water Elemental:

7708283340_5713a3242f.jpg

IMG_1208 by Asimon481, on Flickr

Micro-Scale Landscape with Brego:

7708283544_3dae1863d4.jpg

IMG_1182 by Asimon481, on Flickr

As Brego prepares his physical attack, a brave mage distracts the elemental with sorcery:

7708283630_74f31a50b1.jpg

IMG_1175 by Asimon481, on Flickr

The destruction of the southern tower:

7708283462_1f67f6054a.jpg

IMG_1193 by Asimon481, on Flickr

7708400240_b624d6d232.jpg

IMG_1117 by Asimon481, on Flickr

7708283794_e483432f11.jpg

IMG_1135 by Asimon481, on Flickr

7708283982_b93fc40908.jpg

IMG_1123 by Asimon481, on Flickr

A terrified boy runs for the safety of the mountains:

7708283876_dcff56c530.jpg

IMG_1128 by Asimon481, on Flickr

The Northern Stair:

7708283728_dedf0fb4ac.jpg

IMG_1138 by Asimon481, on Flickr

Thanks for taking a look, I really like the GoH community and look forward to participating more in the future!

Phenomenal!

What a superb water elemental! The building itself is a great MOC too. Your scenes of destruction are very well done. Love it! Great entry.

:classic:

Great entry! the elemental is Ace and the architecture is superb. good luck!

This is truly a lovely moc. I love the water element. The caving in building is extremely well done! I get a real sense of movement from it.

This is an absolutely great entry =) The elemental looks fantastic, especially the beard of it. :thumbup:

The building is also cool :wink:

Great work man. A+

The colors and architecture don't seem overly Mitgardian (they feel more Elvish), but a little variety never hurt anyone.

The face on the elemental is very cool and I like the water effects.

Wow! Great entry, I love the water effects for this elemental. Actually the structure is so amazingly different from other Mitgardian outposts, I'd love to see a build just based on this port before it was destroyed(or after it is rebuilt :sweet: )

such a lovely moc :) I love the action, and elemental reminds me of the Narnia 3 monster :)

Beautiful work! The elemental is impressive and the wave is one of the best I've seen :thumbup: I think the building could be a little more enclosed, seeing as it's in Mitgardia, but you did say the southern part. The micro landscape is also very good, great to have another superb entry for Mitgardia :classic:

Stunning! This may be my favorite entry for this challenge! Mitgardia has sure lucked out! Your elemental is enormous, and very well done, as is the water and the waves crashing on the shore. The outpost is excellent as well! I love the architecture (it does looks elvish, and sand green is Avalonia's color, but it's still beautiful!) and I love how the whole fron of the entry is crashing off. This is simply superb! Welcome to GoH!

Brilliant! The elemental is just so awesome! Is that head sturdy? Seems so big and detailed compared to his neck? :classic:

The color combo is great! Love sand green and tan togheter!

Man, this was seems to be taking a huge toll on sea commerce throughout the continent, this is like the 6th port to get sacked. I see that Victor is moving towards economic warfare! haha. Anyway, this one is really cool. I would hate to be the judges, as there are so many good entries.

I love the action of the tower being washed away, but I do wish there was a little more micro-scale, or it was more noticeable. But that is really my only criticism of this. I like the colors.

Edited by SkaForHire

Breathtaking!!!

It's the first MOC I ever saw of you, but you are already one of my favourite builders!

I love the tower and how the elemental is destroying it!

And the elemental itself is just perfect!

Great job! so many nice details in the build! can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Lovely architecture, my friend. Reminds me somehow of Lothlorien from Lord Of The Rings. Love the filigree look!

Also a very nice execution of the water elemental though i think that the head might be better in a larger size with more details. The damaged tower is a nice touch. I also love your figures, the LOTR-torsi look great with "normal" green arms..

All in all: Stunning!

I really like the way you did the elemental rising out of the water, and the way you did the wave pushing the building down is very well done.

The building reminds me of something out of LOTR, very earthy and light. Great job!

Thanks everyone for your replys! The ammount of support here is incredible! The architecture is based on elven buildings, and I had invisioned the outpost being built by the elves and later bought by wealthy traders who valued it for its location.

@de gothia, the head is sturdy. Its supported by technic pieces hidden in the neck. :sweet:

This is a really great moc. The water, the building, everything seems really nice. I also like how the wave is causing desctruction and the building collapses. The only thing I have to nitpcik on is the choice of colors. To my eye your building seems rather Kaliphlin or Avalonian due to the tan and green that you're using. But anyway, I guess this is just a matter of taste. So all in all, it's good to have another great builder with us in Mitgardia!!

Well, sure great to have you on our side :sweet:

The colors and the water action is great. The elemental is also excellent although my first thought was more:"Poseidon!" Than elemental monster! Other than that super!

wWow, that's a lot of transparent studs, I like how you shaped them into this water elemental, beautiful building as well, too bad the elemental decides to smash it :tongue: