lotryay

If LEGO wasn't draining your wallet....

Build myself a new computer. My laptop was crappy even when I got it a few years ago, and Im sure just from the money saved from not getting any new Lego for a single year I could build myself a very good gaming computer.

If I wasn't buying LEGO, I would probably put money towards my DVD collection and maybe towards expanding my library of sci-fi books.

Well, I am currently working my way through all of the Major League Baseball stadiums. My wife and I have been trying to go to different cities and see a game at a few different stadiums each summer. We would a) probably cross them off our list a lot faster and b) stay at even nicer hotels on our trips.

After that, pay for a psychiatrist to help me understand why I gave up this hobby.

AncientDayz

I plan on doing that also. My wife has no interest in baseball so she wouldn't want to go to any of the stadiums, but I know I would. But she'd probably want to sight-see the other areas of the cities anyway, so it could be a win-win situation.

If I wasn't buying Lego I would definitely have a lot more money to stockpile in the bank. There are too many good themes/sets coming out that it costs an arm and a leg to keep up with it. I guess that's good and bad.

But I guess an official answer would be more vacation time traveling. Since finishing school and starting my job, we haven't been able to take any vacations within the last few years, so this fall will be our first. But without Lego we would definitely be able to do more traveling. Maybe I should just limit the sets I purchase...no, that's crazy talk.

I plan on doing that also. My wife has no interest in baseball so she wouldn't want to go to any of the stadiums, but I know I would. But she'd probably want to sight-see the other areas of the cities anyway, so it could be a win-win situation.

That's what we do. We plan one day for a local food stop (ex. in Philly we got cheesesteaks; in Boston, lobster; etc.) and a game, and we plan another day to see the city and go to places she likes. It works well. My wife wasn't into baseball either, but after the fourth or fifth stadium, I taught her how to keep a scorecard. Now she loves the games and the cities. Good luck getting to them!

Hey guys!

Nice topic. I was tempted to join in the conversation.

I've been postponing buying a new set of strings for a LOT of time. I'd probably do that, but then again ... the new rock crawler ...

I imagine myself getting a RC Hobby car, maybe two :)

I also used to have the ambition of starting to make a Audio CD collection with my favorite performers and ordering it neatly somewhere.

If I took all the money that I have invested in my LEGO/Modulex collection, I could be driving a Ferrari!

And I'm completely serious too, granted it would only be an entry level 308 in need of some work, but a Ferrari none the less! :laugh:

fer308gts78.jpg

If I took all the money that I have invested in my LEGO/Modulex collection, I could be driving a Ferrari!

And I'm completely serious too, granted it would only be an entry level 308 in need of some work, but a Ferrari none the less! :laugh:

:wub:

If I could only buy 1 thing ever it would be this:

http://static.iconaircraft.com/dl/photos/full/lifestyle/3.jpg' alt='3.jpg'>

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by wondermonkey