lotryay

If LEGO wasn't draining your wallet....

I would expand my little armourers shop, right now its only a table I make chainmail at, I would buy a better gun for sporting clays, and I would expand my sword collection until I could make my own.

Oy. I'm having trouble even imagining such a scenario, but probably more musical instruments and some recording equipment, since that was my main addiction before coming back into the LEGO fold. But every time I find myself looking at a new guitar or microphone or amp, a voice in the back of my head is always saying something like, "Pssst... you know you could get the Robie House, Pet Shop, and a few minifigures for that price, right?"

Oy. I'm having trouble even imagining such a scenario, but probably more musical instruments and some recording equipment, since that was my main addiction before coming back into the LEGO fold. But every time I find myself looking at a new guitar or microphone or amp, a voice in the back of my head is always saying something like, "Pssst... you know you could get the Robie House, Pet Shop, and a few minifigures for that price, right?"

I HATE that voice too. :tongue: Nine times out of ten I'll pass on the buy and get LEGOs... :hmpf:

Totally Megabloks Comics. And probably a new laptop, which I desperately need. :laugh:

Edited by K-Nut

I'm guessing many of you spend much more than I do on LEGO. I only spend about $1,000 per year on LEGO. For me it's all about balance. So I spend some on LEGO, some here, some there. For me it's not my LEGO spendIng that's out of control, it could be my travel spending (nah) I guess I could add the LEGO spending my travel spending, but why would I do that?

My motto for 2012 doesn't appear to be working out so well either.

Andy D

At the moment i'm just continuing to collect CCG's / TCG's along side lego, due to the release schdeule of 6monthly odd I can get away with this, although I'm also thinking of getting properly into fish tanks and building reef ones... so we'll see if my wallet comes to me asking for an easing up :)

I would probably spend more time looking into expanding my pc game collection or perhaps start Airsoft maybe ... ?? But with all this Lego, who has time for anything else?! :laugh:

I HATE that voice too. :tongue: Nine times out of ten I'll pass on the buy and get LEGOs... :hmpf:

*sigh* Ditto. LOL!

If LEGO wasn't draining money from my wallet like a vampire sucks blood, I'd either be dead, have infinite-use coupons for free LEGO, or forgotten that LEGO exists. :laugh:

Lego has never drained my wallet. I don't let a hobby overwhelm my life. :monkey: My partner on the other hand takes almost every penny I have. Such is life as a grown up.....

Well up until recently, my wallet wasnt that big, and I was in a dark age, so LEGO draining it wasn't a problem. But since June, I can say I've spent a good 800+ on it. But as for the future,,,, ha. If I didnt predict that, I dont know what I'd spend money on. Maybe an amp for one of my guitars, or gym equipment :look:

-'Skintas

Something like this (link here) and maybe a nice shed to put it in :wink:

Must stop buying more Lego.....

I'd propably allow myself to buy a Hot toys figure.

Though my biggest "hobby" money drain is video games not lego.

As much as i can't imagine anything like this happening, i'd probably buy a new gaming computer and then build up a gaming empire. But thats never going to happen :laugh:

I would donate 50% of the money to charity/hospitals. Then buy myself some formal wear maybe a tux, some shoes and maybe one or two hardcover books.

I also used to collect SHARP Pocket Computers. I also collect comic books from our national 'Disney' Mr. Miki Muster. So I guess spare money would be spent there.

Saso

Probably buy a ute for use in that silly tradesman job of mine :tongue:

Edited by apps

I'd be rich, haha. I don't know really, I've grown up with LEGO all my life, I guess I would have bought a car, and maybe I'd be more into video games.

I'd save first for a 256GB solid state drive for my laptop, then for a 10K gaming rig with server quality CPU's. Yes, multiple CPU's, lol. And probably 2 GTX 690's in SLI, or 4 7970's.