Sign in to follow this  
kabel

Attack on the Mountain Sept

St.Ansgar is a fortified sept located high above the valley of Helgestorp and dedicated to the cult of the yellow and green light. Normally it doesn't see too many visitors as most of the locals are too pragmatic to believe in anything supernatural. Furthermore, the cult of the yellow and green seems rather artificial to them. So they only visit the sept on Sundays when required by the Jarl.

dscn1748.jpg

today folks are in a panic to get in though:

dscn1765.jpg

as the wind elemtal is upon them:

dscn1760.jpg

freezing people as they run:

dscn1757.jpg

the septon and the guard are trying to fight it:

dscn1761.jpg

but it seems their chances of success are rather small, the entire valley and even castle black are already frozen in:

dscn1751.jpg

So some are giving up:

dscn1768.jpg

whereas others fight till they drop:

dscn1767.jpg

Could fire be the weapon of choice?

dscn1755.jpg

Or will the Septon finally proove that the cult of the yellow and green is not just something the Jarl had invented himself?

dscn1753.jpg

Edited by kabel

The action in this MOC is perfect, the micro landscape also :thumbup:

For me, the beast doesn't look enough scary, but in such things I always exaggerate :laugh: , so that's maybe just me. :wink:

Looks good! the micro scale is great.

~Legonardo

It's a perfect little scene with the right amount of dynamism and energy. The wind elemental is very well put together, also!

Excellent scene! I like that you have your elemental in the air :thumbup: The people getting froze/blown are nicely posed, the micro scale is also one of my favorites yet! Way to build for Mitgardia :classic:

Cool... literally!

I like the ice effects, the micro build and the round tower. the action is also good. Nice quality on the images too.

The elemental seems a little flat but I like that he can fly! He also has the same color scheme as soccerkid6's which makes me think they could totally be related!

Very cool build! I think that the windblown aspect of the guys fighting the elemental adds a great feel to the action

Nice build

I like the way the cape looks like it is being blown by the wind.

Good photos but I would have liked to seen an overall of the front of the building similar to the first photo

Good Luck!

Nice build - I love all the action, and freexzing people was a great idea! :laugh: I agree with some others that the elemental doesn't seem quite scary enough, but it's really nice the way you made him fly! :thumbup:

Very cool- you brought a lot of action to the little scene.

The tower technique and texture is really nice- I like how you incorporated the 1X2 plates towards the top but were still able to keep the round shape. Any chance we can get a shot of the front section of the building too?

I like your interpretation of the elemental, a group of two or three of these would definitely up the scary factor of it.

Thank you guys for all the positive feedback, I appriciate it a lot!

- the elemental: actually wind is a rather light and fluffy element, so I wonder how you could make the moster more scary, suggestions perhaps?

- the micro scale: thanks to the mods for this challenge. So far I wasn't interested in micro scale at all. Now I really liked doing it. As you can see, I ran out of white slopes though. Otherwise the landscape would have been a little larger.

- the spet: putting the tower and the building together took only one afternoon. Putting the wooden battlement on took more time than the rest of the building. I'm glad it works though.

- other perspectives can be found here

Very good entry here! I really like the sept itself, especially the tower on the top. I also really like your microbuild, and I think it works great here (I like how it is all snow, instead of a mix). I like the action of the villagers coming to the defense, and I love the villager that has been frozen to the ground. Nice job!

Wow, Kabel this is great! The microbuild, the house and the atmosphere of panic and desire to get inside to protection! Well done!

Oh wow, thanks guys, I would have never thought that the mirco build would be liked so much as this was my first shot at. As for the minig action, well, TLG has been doing a pretty good job with putting interesting facial expresssion on the minifigs. It's only a small step to go from there.

Nice Mitgardia build :thumbup: And good action!

What a cliffhanger! What will the Septon unleash? Very dramatic!

Your minifig posing is exceptionally well done here. I especially like the wind freezing people into place. The Sept itself is a lovely MOC too, and your micro is very nice. Great entry, well done!

:classic:

thanks guys!

@robuko: you'll never know, but to this point the cult of the yellow and the green light had been concieved as rather fake by the people. And they had thought that the Jarl was trying to force a state ruled religion upon them. But maybe there is more to it ... :laugh:

I really like how much character you put into each of your minifigs, they are well thought out and excuted perfectly! Well done!

Thanks Torgar!

BTW, today it was sunny again so I was finally able to take the picture some of you wanted to see:

dscn1794.jpg

A nice compact build, it has everything and more you would expect from an entry for this challenge, the perspective to the distant snow castle and the main build is excellent, not to mention that the selection of minifigs is just what it needs to focus the sensation of action and panic.

Well done. :thumbup:

Great job Kabel. I like that your wonderfull microscale is well integrated into the whole build. Also the wind action with the capes and the blown of helmet is well done. I also like the round tower with the woodwork. As said before I also think this will be a good round for Mitgardia!

Great entry Kabel! The fortified building is very nice and the action going on around it really shows the panic and urgency of the attack. Despite others saying that the elemental isn't that scary, i find it quite effective - the fact that you only see it fly in from the corner of the pic really makes it seem hard elusive and hard to combat. If you really wanted to refine it further, you could aim for more articulation at points in the wings, maybe also give it some talons or something as a secondary weapon?

I have to say that i LOVE the microscale component, just beautiful, especially from the high vantage point. :wub: The distant hill is expertly sculted and the finger joints for the battlements is a great touch. Best of luck in the voting! :classic:

thanks for all the positive comments, its good to hear what went well. Still better though to give advice on how to improve this. So thanks for that advice too.

Best of luck in the voting! :classic:

yeah, with not a single point yet I could definetely need some ...