Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Rod Farm under attack

Rod, a village in Glevum, Avalonia. It is the begining of spring, the ground is being plowed and the seeds sown. however there is trouble present, for a darkness is spreading. Victor Revolword has claimed power over the 4 crystals of power and the druids helm, causing chaos across Historica. this scene depicts a farm in Rod being Crushed by a monster of magma, wrecking havoc. In the background Mt Augmar in Glevum is erupting (not good for the dwarves)

Not quite as fast as Ecclesiastes' build but still fast. 2 WEEKDAY afternoons :sweet:

7702192650_4e7049234a_c.jpg

• Must be an action scene that shows elemental destruction including an elemental monster of your own design.

• It must be a single scene (not a story/narrative multi-scene build. Think of it as a still-frame of a large scene of devastation)

• You may choose any elemental not just the one that spawned from your own Guild's element.

• Size is limited to 48X48, with reasonable overhang.

• In the background of your build you must include a micro-scale landscape, be it mountains, forests, oceans, cities or any other form of terrain.

The build is NOT 48x48, it is 50x50 but I figured It would be fine due to the large area cut off for the curve and the Micro-scale incorporated into the MOC.

7702300112_c6990b09e1_c.jpg

destruction.

7702302350_f7535b370d_c.jpg

Fighting back.

7702299564_b901c14887_c.jpg

Farmers' son desperately trying to save the roof above his head

7702298752_9b043fde90_c.jpg

Abandoned farming

7702299098_34a8510455_c.jpg

Mt Augmar

7702300360_90b42c7074_c.jpg

Elemental (pose-able in a few areas)

C&C welcome

Enjoy!

~Legonardo

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Fantastic MOC as always! I love the boy pouring the barrel of water on the fire and the cloud of smoke above mt Augmar.

Great Moc there Legonardo! Lots of good stuff but what I really like is the shape of your base and the way you made the ash cloud above the volcano. Very creative!!

Nice entry Legonardo! The house and landscaping are excellent :thumbup: The volcano in the background and the elemental are also really good :classic:

Volcano is awesome! I love the guy pouring the water on the fire. Good action as well. There is some NPU in the elemental as well, though I wish it had a face.

I didn't instantly get what the tree was, but after a second it came to me.

With the cut out this totally qualifies as within the 48 x 48.

Because the of the nature of the title-challenges, we can't really double up on them. this would NOT qualify for that title since it is also a challenge 4 entry.

great build! I love the ash cloud. your landscaping looks pretty good too like Z I wasn't sure about the tree but overall I like it good luck

Fantastic MOC as always! I love the boy pouring the barrel of water on the fire and the cloud of smoke above mt Augmar.

Thanks! originally I was going to have him pouring it on the elemental, but that area was very crowded

Awesome entry dude! The volcano is brilliant, certainly better than anything I could do!

Thanks!

Great Moc there Legonardo! Lots of good stuff but what I really like is the shape of your base and the way you made the ash cloud above the volcano. Very creative!!

Thank you!

Nice entry Legonardo! The house and landscaping are excellent :thumbup: The volcano in the background and the elemental are also really good :classic:

Thank you!

Volcano is awesome! I love the guy pouring the water on the fire. Good action as well. There is some NPU in the elemental as well, though I wish it had a face.

I didn't instantly get what the tree was, but after a second it came to me.

With the cut out this totally qualifies as within the 48 x 48.

Because the of the nature of the title-challenges, we can't really double up on them. this would NOT qualify for that title since it is also a challenge 4 entry.

Thanks Z! you can't really see it in the pics but the elemental has trans-yellow eyes and mouth, it just doen't show up on the photos. the tree I admit isn't the best, and unfortunately from my pic angles it looks worse.

Great build! I really like what you did with the micro volcano!

Thanks!

great build! I love the ash cloud. your landscaping looks pretty good too like Z I wasn't sure about the tree but overall I like it good luck

Thank you!

Excellent entry! I like the people lined up to fight the elemental, and the use of the green heads. As others have said, the boy throwing the water on the fire is just brilliant, as is your microbuild - It looks amazing. Great job!

That volcano is great! Just using plates and create that depth!? Bravo!

And I feel for that poor guy trying to put out the fire.. Hope that the mighty Avalonians kick some Fire elemental!

I LOVE that volcano! Great little scene, i also like the damaged house! Your elemental is executed nicely.

(On a rather different topic: Which filter - or combination - do you use to achieve this "painted" look? Photoshop?)

Very nice build Legonardo! Lots of details to savour, I really like the plough, the roof, the guy with the bucket, and that wonderful volcanic ash cloud. The volcano is superb too, very nice micro. The elemental has just torn through the building! Those farmers are really brave to fight back!

:classic:

Wow, I really like the shape of the base, it really makes the MOC stand out. The volcanic ash is fantastic- I wouldn't have thought the chains would have worked so well. Wonderful job!

(On a rather different topic: Which filter - or combination - do you use to achieve this "painted" look? Photoshop?)

In Photoshop I would suggest the Gaussian blur filter- it will give you the nice painterly look like the volcano in the first photo.

In Photoshop I would suggest the Gaussian blur filter- it will give you the nice painterly look like the volcano in the first photo.

A gaussian blur would be too simple, there's something more about it. I use Photoshop on a daily basis so Gaussian Blur was quite obvious. Thanks anyway :)

Great MOC, I like how you showed the destruction and your micro volcano is impressive!

Thanks guys! as for the editing, this was the first time I got my hands on a white sheet for the backdrop and with no experience the first pic came out with huge exposure due to the reflection. I don't normally use photoshop filters but I did on this one, it is the "watercolor" filter on CS2, it worked well as it added shadow some darker tones and had a nice effect anyway. the Volcano is just blurred with the blur tool (the one that has a water droplet icon), hope it helps!

ps - play around with the filter settings, that helps!

EDIT: I forgot to mention it but the house has an interior, I just forgot to Photograph it.

~Dangerous

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Great entry Legonardo, i really like the shape of the base and the microscale volcano. These elements combined with the dof in the first pic almost gives the illusion that the surface of the moc is curving backwards - it's quite hypnotic! :thumbup: The half-burnt out house is well done too, and the minifig posing really adds life the scene. If your moc has a weak point, it would be the elemental - it just looks a bit rough and could probably benifit from some more refinements. But overall this looks like a strong entry. Best of luck in the voting! :classic: