AAA Brick Master

Most wanted CMF for army builder

Hi everybody,

It is time for an update. There are lots of army builder out there constantly looking to expand their army to no end. The following are the Top 5 most sought CMFs from Series 1 to Series 7,

1. Spartan Warrior

2. Elf

3. Samurai Warrior

4. Musketeer

5. Roman Solider

(They're not in order!)

post-29953-13439685644932.jpg

What make these CMF so attractive that people collect armies of these minifigures? Besides their limited supply, I think the answer is obvious. These CMF are the most fearsome and deadliest warriors from civilized societies long time ago! They fought smart, and they fought strong! We hear stories about their supreme fighting skills and abilities.

What other warriors would you like to see in the coming CMF? Maybe more figures from myths or old legends?

Cheers,

AAA Brick Master

Edited by AAA Brick Master

I would say that Zombie would be 4th place at least on this list, and I don't think the samurai deserves to be one here. It's a cool fig, but it's no army builder as we already had an entire line of samurai/ninja. I think the evil dwarf might be more popular than the musketeer as well.

Also, I'm thinking there is a good chance this thread will get merged with an existing one.

I would say that Zombie would be 4th place at least on this list, and I don't think the samurai deserves to be one here. It's a cool fig, but it's no army builder as we already had an entire line of samurai/ninja. I think the evil dwarf might be more popular than the musketeer as well.

Also, I'm thinking there is a good chance this thread will get merged with an existing one.

I agree that Evil Dwarf should be one of the CMF with army building potential. Also because of its limited supply(3) per box(60).

Zombie is not included in the Top 5 because Zombie has no uniform/armor. Every Zombie should look different in my humble opinion. Who needs an army of identical Zombie?? Monster Fighters provide a few good parts though.

Btw, LOVE your Tower of Eras Duhl.

How about the Royal Guard? You can't just have 1 or 2 of them. I have "felt" my way to 30 of them. :blush:

I agree with previous sentiments about zombie diversity, although a bunch of the same head could be easily mixed in with various hair/hat/torso to overcome this. But then it's just the zombie head and not technically a CMF army itself.

I think the best looking army would be with the roman soldier. I finally got my hands on ONE at my local TRU and was very impressed. I think it's one of my favorites. The spear, helmet, and long shield would look epic lined up in rows.

Someone should post pics of the various MFs in armies.

How about the Royal Guard? You can't just have 1 or 2 of them. I have "felt" my way to 30 of them. :blush:

Yes, I know what you mean. It`s impossible to just collect 1 or 2 of them. Royal Guard army would look amazing in battle formation. Can you please post pics of your Royal Guard army?

we need another zombie minifig, i missed series one and i dont want to pay £20 for one. i would do a walking dead scene, just use heads and hands with different torsoes and hair.

I agree that Evil Dwarf should be one of the CMF with army building potential. Also because of its limited supply(3) per box(60).

Zombie is not included in the Top 5 because Zombie has no uniform/armor. Every Zombie should look different in my humble opinion. Who needs an army of identical Zombie?? Monster Fighters provide a few good parts though.

I concur about the zombie; it's why I've said before I'd love to see more and different zombies in future series.

I don't quite understand your statement about the limited quantities of dwarves giving it potential for army-building, though. Doesn't reduced availability just make it harder to build armies of them? I mean, the figure is still desirable in quantity either way, but...

While there tends to be a certain amount of obsessing over military / warrior-type minifigures on the part of AFOLs, I should note they're not the only minifigures one might reasonably want to amass in vast quantities. Speaking for myself, one of the handful of figures I'd most like to have huge numbers of is the Series 5 Graduate.

Well, the ones I've army built have been: Grey Alien, Galaxy Patrol, Bagpiper, Evil Knight, and Viking Warrior. I've never really come across the Spartan or Elf in any sort of quantity to bother building those up, so they've always been off my list. Meanwhile, there's at least one figure that I've built that is not quite military related, the Bagpiper. And to some degree, the Grey Alien doesn't necessarily have the be a military related figure, as it is just a unique looking species or race.

As far as the zombie goes, I would say it is the most valuable/desired figure released so far (currently goes for about $20 on eBay and Bricklink). And I view it as an army builder as well. There are various scenarios for a zombie apocalypse, but in the scenario where the dead are brought back to life and rise from their graves, they would all look more or less like the S1 zombie (the males at least), dressed in suits (at least when the apocalypse started). I see the desire for a more diverse zombie population, but I have no problem with an army of zombies in suits that all look the same, because they would be essentially the first wave of zombies in the scenario.

The figures I view as army builders are (in order of release, not preference): Zombie, Forestman, Spartan, Elf, Musketeer, Werewolf, Evil Dwarf, Minotaur, Roman, Evil Knight, Conquistador, and Manbat. Top five in terms of popularity I'd have to say are Zombie, Spartan, Elf, Roman, and possibly Evil Dwarf.

The figures I view as army builders are (in order of release, not preference): Zombie, Forestman, Spartan, Elf, Musketeer, Werewolf, Evil Dwarf, Minotaur, Roman, Evil Knight, Conquistador, and Manbat. Top five in terms of popularity I'd have to say are Zombie, Spartan, Elf, Roman, and possibly Evil Dwarf.

I'd also toss in Ninja, Gladiator and Galaxy Patrol.

Wow. Must be early. Just realized I said almost the same thing two posts ago. Sorry for the (essentially) double-posting.

Edited by Ogre

There are many possible Army building CMF

Knight - 44

Muskateer - 56

Pharoh - 39

Highlander - 76 see below

Female Viking - 15

Viking - 31

Samauri - 24

Native American Chief - 14

Native American Brave - 1

Robin Hood - 10

Roman Soldier - 68

Spartan - 55

Dwarf - 76

Ninja - 1

Aztec - 19

Minetaur - 45

Gladiator - 48

Even the

Red Riding Hood - 6 (female dwarf, child in town)

Eygptian Queen

Cave Woman - Native American female

Hula girl - Aztec Queen

post-19494-13441744661928.jpg

Sorry I forgot Elfs - 40

Toughest thing about Army building is finding unique ways of having leaders stand out.

Waiting for the Elrod figure for the Elfs, and Bag End for Dwarf Leaders

post-19494-13441744572442.jpg

Edited by dgherko

Nice pictures in a thread that makes only little sense. There are so many polls and comparisons and statistics with more interesting perspectives.

Army building only works in military contexts because that's where uniformity and not individuality is the aesthetic rule for a larger group. I can't think of many other such contexts (besides sports, and that is conflict as well).

So every fighter, warrior or fig with a weapon can and will be used for army building. Surprise! :laugh:

Hi everybody,

It is time for an update. There are lots of army builder out there constantly looking to expand their army to no end. The following are the most sought CMF from Series 1 to Series 7,

1. Spartan Warrior

2. Elf

3. Samurai Warrior

4. Musketeer

5. Roman Solider

(They're not in order!)

Doughnut forget about the Galaxy Patrol, Zombie and Gladiator figures. Those are probably more sought after than the Samurai figure. :look:

Here are mine personally: :grin:

1. Crash Test Dummy (We all need to make a realistic MOC of a car testing lab)

2. Skater (S1) (To make a city of skating)

3. Skater (S4) (To make a city of skating)

4. Skater (S6) (To make a city of skating)

5. Skater (S10) (To make a city of skating) Jungle Boy (To make a jungle of lost humans)

Just kidding. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

Nice pictures in a thread that makes only little sense. There are so many polls and comparisons and statistics with more interesting perspectives.

Army building only works in military contexts because that's where uniformity and not individuality is the aesthetic rule for a larger group. I can't think of many other such contexts (besides sports, and that is conflict as well).

So every fighter, warrior or fig with a weapon can and will be used for army building. Surprise! :laugh:

What about the graduate, diver and crash test dummy? The diver's suit isn't necessarily a uniform, but could be one, and the graduates and dummies would clearly look similar or identical to large numbers of others.

What about the graduate, diver and crash test dummy? The diver's suit isn't necessarily a uniform, but could be one, and the graduates and dummies would clearly look similar or identical to large numbers of others.

Well, there is army building potential in that. To some extend if depends on how big you define the group.

20 crash test dummies together in one group, for what?

25 identical divers, for what? (except adding weapons, becoming an army to fight a sea monster or an army of sea monsters)

I am not so sure about the graduate. All that comes to my mind is that hollywood-driven image of graduates throwing their hats in the air while some rockmusic sets in and the chearleader may finally kiss her hero.

It you count collecting say 5 or 10 of the same figs army building, there are uses for many figs. But is that still an "army"?

A picture speaks a thousand words and these are the minifigures which I think is worthy for army building,

89.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture, WhiteFang. It pretty much summed up all the most popular army building CMF. But I might take out Pharaoh since it's supposed to be a King.

Love all your CMF reviews very much. :wink:

I guess I'm the odd one of the bunch because I army built the heck out of the Classic Grey Alien. :tongue:

I guess I'm the odd one of the bunch because I army built the heck out of the Classic Grey Alien. :tongue:

You're not alone. That's easily my favorite CMF of all of them.

I am not so sure about the graduate. All that comes to my mind is that hollywood-driven image of graduates throwing their hats in the air while some rockmusic sets in and the chearleader may finally kiss her hero.

It you count collecting say 5 or 10 of the same figs army building, there are uses for many figs. But is that still an "army"?

I don't know, Wardancer. Some universities in the US graduate a couple thousand people in a day. That's approaching the size of a small army, so I can see the case for considering the graduate as an army builder minifig. I suppose it all depends on whether "army building" refers to combatants or not and by what standard you measure an army by size. Medieval armies usually only had a few thousand men on each side.

Thanks for posting the picture, WhiteFang. It pretty much summed up all the most popular army building CMF. But I might take out Pharaoh since it's supposed to be a King.

Love all your CMF reviews very much. :wink:

The Eygptian Army has five hats: The new Gold with blue stripes (Pharaoh), Black, White, Yellow and yellow with blue stripes. Pictures I took last night sucked. But I have Pharaoh with gold, his wife and son (with Gold). Commanders with White and Yellow w/ blue stripes. Captains with just yellow. Elite Soldiers with black and regular soldiers with no hat or blue bandana.