Sign in to follow this  
Horry

Rocks & Shoals

Question: in the XL tables you need to decide wether your ship is built below waterline or not...

how does this work for a ship built on prefab hulls ?

And another thing, so far my ship doesn't seem to be very fast; only 5,1 knots, maybe that's because I don't have enough sails :pir-sceptic:

Btw, it's the Intersector I'm talking about.

Just to be sure, the beam is the widest part of the hull right ?

I also weighed my ship and then I see the cannons make up additional weight, it's kind of strange because my ship is 76 tons (scaled) while the cannons make 24,8 tons. confusing proportions I must say, maybe I did something wrong.

:pir_wacko:

Edited by Sebeus I

Question: in the XL tables you need to decide wether your ship is built below waterline or not...

how does this work for a ship built on prefab hulls ?

And another thing, so far my ship doesn't seem to be very fast; only 5,1 knots, maybe that's because I don't have enough sails :pir-sceptic:

Btw, it's the Intersector I'm talking about.

Just to be sure, the beam is the widest part of the hull right ?

I also weighed my ship and then I see the cannons make up additional weight, it's kind of strange because my ship is 76 tons (scaled) while the cannons make 24,8 tons. confusing proportions I must say, maybe I did something wrong.

:pir_wacko:

Sorry, I only noticed your reply now! prefabs are considered to be not built below the waterline. 76 tons would indeed be a light-weight and might explain the low speed. If you would give your measured specs I will check it out.

Sorry, I only noticed your reply now! prefabs are considered to be not built below the waterline. 76 tons would indeed be a light-weight and might explain the low speed. If you would give your measured specs I will check it out.

Hull length= 46 cm

beam=12,5 cm

Weight = 1 kg

Square-Rigged Sail Area = 900 cm2

Lateen-Rigged Sail Area = 400 cm2

12 lb Long Gun x 12

When I open the tables it does say there's something it can't solve, yet there are results for draft, speed and square movements.

This is kind of lame but perhaps I should just make the ship heavier...by litterally putting some weight in the hold :pir-grin:

I made the Intersector with quite a minimalistic vision.

Edited by Sebeus I

Yeah it sounds fun but my ship is very bad it's only a 10 gun brig and I only have one ship and it the brick bounty

Please refrain from bumping old topics.

This topic hasn't been active in three years and the member who started the topic hasn't logged in two years.

Please see Bumping Old Topics and review the Site Guidelines

You should check out Brethren of the Brick Seas, where you work with a faction to rule the Brick Seas with your builds.